No announcement yet.

Similarities between SGU and Lost Please tag ALL spoilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will take the opportunity of this thread to post my now famous: Universe is a Lost ripoff post:

Universe is a rip off of Lost:

- They both about a group of people stranded on a ship/island to which they can't escape.
    -They are both the wrong people at the wrong places
    - Both the Destiny ship and the Island have some mystery.
    - The Destiny ship travel through space while the Lost island travel through time. But we know with the relativity theory that time and space are actually the same thing.
    - Scott = Jack, his girlfriend Chloe = Kate. They make out but another one is jealous, Eli/Sawyer.
    - Rush=Locke. Both believe the Destiny/Island is a disaster which is actually something good for them. They both have ulterior motive.
    - Spencer have been seen gathering food just like Hugo. And happens to also takes pills like Charlie.
    - Both have mysterious inhabitant. In lost they are called the others and the Destiny the ship we saw them ducking out at the end of an episode (Air 3 i think).
    - Both have their backstory related to some ancient earth mythology. Lost=Egypt. Stargate=Egypt, Atlantis etc.
    - The main issue for both of the groups is survival and how to get back.
    - Both shows combine soapy drama elements with mysterious sci-fi elements.
    - Both the Lost Island and the Destiny ship are protected by some form of shield system.
    - Both the Lost Island and the Destiny ship seem to have a long history predating the arrival of our people.
    - Air 3 desert tornado alien=Blacksmoke entity
    - I swear I saw a polar bear somewhere on the Destiny.

Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Sorry for bumping an old thread but there are tons.
      1. Being thrown in a situation where they can't get home easily.
      2. None of them want to be there, all of them want to be at home.
      3. Similar characters. Young = Jack, Rush = Desmond, Eli = Hurley
      4. Contains similar speeches.
      5. Some moments even replicate moments seen in lost.
      6. Flashbacks.
      7. Similar character interactions.
      8. The sentience of the ship similar to the sentience to the island.
      Back from the grave.

Comment

I skimmed this thread but can't read it due to SGU possible spoilers. For reasons too involved to state which do not include watching, I despise "Lost" so my greatest fear about SGU has been from the outset as I began to watch, that it could be admiringly derivative of Lost. Have the SGU writers denied this? Have they spoken well of Lost? Have they ever said a thing about Lost? I would give them the benefit of the doubt.

Comment

Plus they are both tv shows.....its like a copy and paste job!

Comment

Wow! This is an old thread lol. While everal elements of the two shows are similar, they are really nothing alike when viewed as a whole. Just my thoughts.

Comment

Working...
            X