Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After the 3 parter pilot - rating the characters from favorite to least favorite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After the 3 parter pilot - rating the characters from favorite to least favorite

Yes, even after the 3 hour pilot we still don't know much about the characters - and some of them barely had any screen time;
    But this is my arrangement from most liked to least liked:

* Greer (went up even some more this week... this guy rocks)
    * Rush
    * Scott
    * Eli (went down a bit this week, due to the planet of the apes incident)
    * Wray (little screen time... loved her smile though )
    * Chloe
    * TJ
    * Young

I only included the non guest chars of course.
    Last edited by renboy; 13 October 2009, 06:02 AM.
    sigpic

At this stage,

Rush
    Eli (I liked the apes reference!)
    Greer

*daylight*

Scott
    Young

*daylight*

Everyone else.

Comment

For me:

* Scott
      * Rush
      * Eli
      * Greer
      * Young
      * Chloe
      * TJ

Ronon looses his temper over the weapons console and starts punching it
      Sheppard: Easy, Chewie! Those buttons are your friends! Just keep trying!
      Ronon: I'M TRYING!!!!

Comment

1. Rush
        2. Scott
        3. TJ
        4. Eli
        5. Chloe
        6. Young
        7. Telford
        8. Greer
        9. Wray
        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Young
          Scott
          Greer
          Chloe
          Rush
          TJ
          Eli
          Wray
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

1. Rush
            2. Young
            3. Greer
            4. Chloe
            5. Eli
            6. Scott
            7. TJ
            8. Wray
            9. Telford
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by evilspacealien View Post
              1. rush
              2. young
              3. greer
              4. chloe
              5. eli
              6. scott
              7. tj
              8. Wray
              9. Telford
              Where did those smilies come from!?
              Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
              Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                Where did those smilies come from!?
                Stargate Smilies

Thank Hiccups!
                sigpic

Comment

it seems that you either like, or hate greer.

not in exact order:

the absolutely smoking cool and absolutely awesome group:

Greer
                  Rush
                  Wallace
                  Scott

the cool group

TJ
                  Young
                  Wray
                  Chloe Armstrong
                  telford

Comment

Favs (in order)

1. Rush
                    2. Greer

Um, do I have to pick more?

Okay,

3. Wray or some character we haven't met yet.

4. Scott - drops a lot after all that bit getting girls prego along with the closet incident and the hawts for Chloe, and the dead parents and the alcoholic priest. Gag me with a soap opera!

5. Eli - is irritating but the actor is good and character has a chance to be interesting if the writers don't blow it.

Who should head for the airlock:

Chloe

Comment

1. Young - Has displayed selfless courage and wisdom so far.

2. Scott - Trying to be a good soldier - Young is his father figure - Obviously doesn't want to disappoint anyone - He is vulnerable and insecure - prone to relationships stemming from his childhood issues - I think Vanessa James was using him in the closet, not vice versa.

3. Johansen - Starting to show some confidence by knocking out Telford to protect Young, but I suspect it is because she and Young have a "relationship".

4. Armstrong - I think some of the fans are too tough on her - she just lost her father, who she also worked with every day - Her mother is an alcoholic - let her reveal more of her character.

5. Wray - Still a fish out of water (a bureaucrat out of her power element) - needs more screen time for character development

6. Wallace - Still too much of an immature goofball - not living up to his "supposedly smart" reputation - he should be more of Rush's apprentice and conscience to steer him away from his mad scientist tendencies.

7. Rush - Too much of a arrogant, selfish and manipulative "mad scientist" - not much to admire here.

8. Greer - Has a chip on his shoulder - too much of a "Who you looking at?" attitude - should be thrown back in detention to learn some military-type respect for others.

9. Telford - Too full of himself - his ego prevents him from getting all the needed info before making the best decisions.

My fantasy would be to see a cage match between Greer and Wray, but she turns out to be a secret black belt in martial arts and pounds some civility into him.
                      Last edited by AnonyMoose; 20 October 2009, 08:40 PM.
                      There is no spoon...

Comment

With SGA, there were one or two characters I strongly disliked while I remained neutral or favorable on everyone else. With SGU, I'm either very favorable, favorable, or neutral with everyone. That's a very good sign for me.

Very favorable

Greer
                        The man is a total badass. I personally believes he trumps Teal'c and Ronon. Why? Teal'c and Ronon were very intense, quiet, and focused. Greer is certainly intense but not quiet. I think there's only so much that can be milked with the strong & silent archetype.

He's wild and unpredictable as a solar flare and isn't afraid to get in someone's face. He's willing to (literally) kick someone when they deserve it. Teal'c and Ronon wouldn't cross that line. Greer's attitude to that "line" would be: <grunts>What line? Any lines drawn around here'll be drawn by me." He has some of the best lines in SGU so far.

And he's a total badass.
                        I can't say that enough times.
                        And he gets to antagonize Rush for the rest of their voyage on the Destiny.

Rush
                        I personally don't like Rush's sense of ethics. He's cunning and has a ruthless logic to him that would rightly make others fearful of him. He is "generous" to others only when it serves his purpose. Given these negative responses, why would I still classify him as a very favorable character?

Credit that to Robert Carlyle. He brings a brilliantly nuanced, subtle performance to a character that could come off as a plain ubervillain. Despite his questionable moral compass, Rush can come off as sympathetic. That's not something easily accomplished. Rush is supposed to push people's buttons about ethics. In no small way, he's supposed to infuriate and polarize the audience. I'm supposed to dislike Rush and Carlyle accomplishes this magnificently.

Favorable

Scott
                        Scott is far more complex a person than would first appear for a military man, especially in light of the flashbacks/hallucinations/visions about his past. I greatly look forward to learning more about him. He and Greer share a good camaraderie. I think he might even become a brother figure to Eli.

Young
                        I like his leadership style. From what I've seen so far, his command presence makes you want to earn his respect and work that much harder for him. I've met a number of people like that in the past and they're rare types. Additionally, the man has a frighteningly high pain threshold. My goodness! He's already an intriguing character to me and I hope we learn more about him.

Riley & Volker
                        They haven't had much screen time yet but what little we've been given is great. Riley's grumpy and sarcastic demeanor make me want to see more and more for the laughs. We've seen a little bit of that with Volker. Since he's supposed to get 18 appearances this season, I think we'll get a lot more of that humor. Hopefully Riley will get just as many appearances.

Neutral

Camille Wray, TJ, Chloe, and Telford
                        I haven't seen enough of them to really say whether I like them or not. I'm hoping for more screen time with Lou Diamond Phillips personally. Chloe and TJ have great potential. I hope Chloe doesn't end up as just a convenient romantic interest for Lt. Scott. Camille will undoubtedly setup multiple conflicts with Young, Rush, and Greer.

Questionable

Eli
                        Eli is the only character I have some doubts about right now. I don't dislike him. In fact, I want to like his character but if he starts following in the footsteps of Rodney McKay--who I absolutely loathed in Atlantis--I'm going to lose patience with him very quickly and hope that Greer socks him in the face. I don't think that will happen though. The Destiny crew have already shown a great aversion to complaining, whining, cowardice and selfishness (traits that greatly apply to McKay). More importantly, Eli has done something that I don't recall McKay ever doing: Volunteering.

I want to see more than just comic relief with Eli in the future. It would be interesting to see Eli slowly mentored into something of a solider but I don't think the producers will go that way. Again, I hope they don't take Eli down McKay's path.
                        sigpic

Comment

Favorites:
                          Eli
                          Rush
                          Chloe
                          Scott (wasn't sure about him at first, but he's growing on me
                          TJ
                          Greer (He, like Scott and TJ, is growing on me. I loved the confrontation between him and Rush on the planet)

Not sure about:
                          Wray (hopefully we'll see more of her in the near future)
                          Young (I like the character, but would like to know a bit more about him)
                          sigpic

Find your Destiny

Comment

Rush - awesome character so far
                            Greer - he was the one I was least interested in before the pilot, but he's cool
                            Eli
                            TJ
                            Scott
                            Young
                            Chloe
                            Wray

There aren't any characters I don't like yet, but if I had to rank them, that's how I'd do it.
                            sigpic
                            FOX Network

Comment

It's hard to rate em, but greer is definitely not on the top of my list, he's an ass:

Rush
                              Young
                              Scott
                              Eli
                              TJ
                              Greer
                              Chloe
                              Wray

I swear to God that whole Greer/Rush thing knocked his favouritism in my eyes down a tonne, you DONT bite the hand that feeds you. Rush gave his water to SCott so scott could continue looking for limestone, Rush is the ONLY one who can freaking read ancient, decypher most of the ships controls and saved everyone's life. That whole "I got water and you don't nyah-nyah" bit was just impressing on me the whole stereotype of soldiers being idiots.

It's like like the stargate movie, remember when Kawalsky pushed jackson down the sand dune and threw his books everywhere? I remember thinking if i were in that position, i would do sweet **** all to restore the gate to earth until Kawalsky picked up the mess he made. Greer seems to be along a similar vein characterwise.

I dont think Greer's gonna survive if Rush ever gets a gun.

Comment

Working...
                              X