No announcement yet.

Brief Candle (108)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

excellent episode! i just liked the plot although seeing jack like that was a bit depressing...
    "A general is only as good as the people he commands."

Comment

he seems to develop some sort of southern accent.
      LOL! I noticed this also. It was a bit weird.

I liked the Greco-Roman aspects of this ep, as I am quite fascinated by that culture. Costumes, lifetstyle, architecture etc was really cool.

Kynthia annoyed me too. She just seemed so fake and artificially sweet. I was surprised by how quickly Jack jumped into bed with her.

I found the introduction of nanite technology brilliant, it really opens up alot of possibilities. They should have examined the technology more to see if it could be adapted to slow down aging instead of speeding it up.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
        Kynthia--sweet, but rather empty-headed. Guess the Gou'ald didn't worry about smarts for these people.
        Which oddly makes sense. Pelops wouldn't want his guinea pigs to reach a level of advancement that would allow them to figure that they'd been tampered with, let alone a level at which they'd be able destroy the nano-thingies.

Comment

O'Neill variants played by RDA thus far this season: 4

The thing that bugged me was when O'Neill got "caked" and was taken away, the others let him go pretty easily.

Comment

I didn't really like this episode....I dunno why really. Maybe I'll just have to rewatch it again. Although I must say that it was good in the way it showed SG-1 as being more than just 'a team'.

Comment

This episode to me started the whole family thing in SG-1 they all cared about eac other which has lasted all the way to the 8th season.

Comment

I would have liked it more if the writers put a bigger spin on the whole concept....

Comment

boy rick isn't going to age real in years to come

good episode and it shows that there weren't being to careful when there went off world like there are in the later season.
                  https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

great episode, shame that they didn't really gain any technology from exploring the people

Comment

I am just glad that jack is ok personaly.
                      sigpic

Comment

yeah if jack stayed OLD!!! he wouldnt of been able to fight in all those good batles he fighted in

Comment

I also think that the make up on RDA was brilliant. It kind of gives us an insight into what he 'may' look like in years to come! I thought it was interesting how when they moved away from the village, they did not go to sleep once sunset hit.

If there had of been a follow up episode to this, we could have seen the people living away from their village, and living great lives. Not living for only a few days.

Don't Worry About The World Ending. It Is Already Tomorrow In Australia.

Comment

QUOTE=fair_nymph;437794

Kynthia annoyed me too. She just seemed so fake and artificially sweet. I was surprised by how quickly Jack jumped into bed with her.
                            i am watching this episode now on sky one. Jack was given the cake and it was drugged. None of the others ate the cake. he also says that before he falls to sleep.

they should have made another episode about phelops/pelops and the nanite tech he used. i want to know who he was.
                            Thankyou SG-1 for 10 great years!
                            sigpic
                            sig made by kidwizz

join Stargate Atlantis: save the lost city and lets get our show back

Comment

Good point.. I too would have loved to know more on that gou'ald...

Comment

Originally posted by Team SG-1*save the show* View Post
                                i am watching this episode now on sky one. Jack was given the cake and it was drugged. None of the others ate the cake. he also says that before he falls to sleep.
                                It's remarkable how his taste for cake remained intact after this experience- if it were me I probably would have gone off it. Though maybe just alien cake.

Comment

Working...
                                X