Brief Candle (108)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Major Fischer
    I just wish we could have seen Janet's lecture about interplanetary STDs after this one
    "And kids, this is why you always use protection..." Can you imagine his version of the 'birds'n'bees' lecture to Cassie?

Comment

Originally posted by Cpn. Chris(tine) Bowman
      I thought this episode was pretty boring actually. Of course, the idea of Goa'uld manipulating humans to make them evolve faster was fascinating and tied up really well with what Nirrti did to the children of Hanka too. It gives Goa'ulds a whole other dimension.

Kynthia annoyed me she was soo... goody-goody and yucky I did love Jack's face when he woke up, pretty much naked to see his friends staring at him. lol, his embarassement was priceless
      Yes, I agree on all points! And in regards to the last sentence...cherish it! It's not often that we get to see Jack completely chagrined!

Comment

I felt alseep today when I saw the episode Kinthia haba haba
        Lord Zedd

Comment

I agree this one wasn't the best, but on the adequate side. It was still the 1st season and they (the writers & the actors) were still hitting their stride & 'gelling' as a team.

Zats - you know Kynthia reminded me of Sha're in facial features & build. Do you think maybe that's why she rubbed you the wrong way? It was too soon after Sha're's disappearance to have her almost 'twin' appear on the show....

I liked that it gave Jack a chance to learn another way to deal with his pain and grief over Charlie & Sarah. It helped him move away from the suicidal man he was in the movie. (Jack: "Sweet Kynthia, I've learned so much from you. I'll treasure every day of my life because of you.")

And loved the scene where Teal'c says "Perhaps it was a good Goa'uld" and Jack chokes out a laugh, spitting cake crumbs all over the place.

And of course, for anyone who's a Jack/RDA devotee... that short scene after Kynthia seduces him isn't too shabby....
          Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
          My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
            I agree this one wasn't the best, but on the adequate side. It was still the 1st season and they (the writers & the actors) were still hitting their stride & 'gelling' as a team.

Zats - you know Kynthia reminded me of Sha're in facial features & build. Do you think maybe that's why she rubbed you the wrong way? It was too soon after Sha're's disappearance to have her almost 'twin' appear on the show....

I liked that it gave Jack a chance to learn another way to deal with his pain and grief over Charlie & Sarah. It helped him move away from the suicidal man he was in the movie. (Jack: "Sweet Kynthia, I've learned so much from you. I'll treasure every day of my life because of you.")

And loved the scene where Teal'c says "Perhaps it was a good Goa'uld" and Jack chokes out a laugh, spitting cake crumbs all over the place.

And of course, for anyone who's a Jack/RDA devotee... that short scene after Kynthia seduces him isn't too shabby....
            The Sha're/Kynthia thing weirdly makes sense--although it's not so weird now that I think about it. Cool.

The 'sweet Kynthia, treasure every day, yadda yadda' thing made me wince--but I suppose it is sort of sweet. Maybe it'll come with time. I just have a hard time picturing Jack saying that without copious application of alcohol.

And no, the seduction scene wasn't bad!

Comment

Originally posted by zats
              The Sha're/Kynthia thing weirdly makes sense--although it's not so weird now that I think about it. Cool.

The 'sweet Kynthia, treasure every day, yadda yadda' thing made me wince--but I suppose it is sort of sweet. Maybe it'll come with time. I just have a hard time picturing Jack saying that without copious application of alcohol.

And no, the seduction scene wasn't bad!
              *laughs*
              Yeah, I agree the writers needed to work on Jack's words a bit to make it sound more Jack-ish... but I guess I was just happy he'd admitted that he was moving on and learning to come to terms with his grief.
              Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                *laughs*
                Yeah, I agree the writers needed to work on Jack's words a bit to make it sound more Jack-ish... but I guess I was just happy he'd admitted that he was moving on and learning to come to terms with his grief.
                Okay...I'll buy that.

Comment

Originally posted by Excali5033
                  This is more of a technical comment on the DVD audio layering, but this is the episode I noticed it on. I have to use a audio cable combiner because my television doesn't have two audio jacks. Anyway, in the scene where Jack is watching the video, the music plays as normal, but there is no dialogue. However, if I pull out one of the audio cables, I can hear it. Additionally, if I switch language tracks, I can hear the dialogue. This is the only scene (on any DVD) that I've noticed something like this. Has this happened to anyone else? It's not a problem or anything, just VERY strange.
                  I have a surround sound system hooked up to my DVD player and I get the same thing for that scene, music but no dialogue. The strange thing is that when that scene is shown again in "Politics" it has both music and dialogue (and I've made no changes to my DVD player). I never noticed it until I watched the episode on Scifi one night.

Comment

Kynthia--sweet, but rather empty-headed. Guess the Gou'ald didn't worry about smarts for these people. The cake is only for O'Neill scene was priceless, though for Sam's & Daniel's reactions.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                      I just wish we could have seen Janet's lecture about interplanetary STDs after this one

LOL i was wondering about that too. Of course Jack doesnt learn the lesson real well.
                      SPOILER SPACE
                      In 3x17 A Hundred Days (conidence?) he has relations with another women (cant rememebr name). Nothing happens but still you would think he would know better then that.

Comment

Can't help feeling the director's cut would have given this a bit more substance. Like several other eps in the first 2 series, this felt toally like a Trek episode -- I can't help wondering if some of the earlier stories were originally written for Trek and then dusted down and reshaped for sg1 (Robert Cooper's book in Wormhole Extreme anyone?).

Comment

Originally posted by SmartFox
                          LOL i was wondering about that too. Of course Jack doesnt learn the lesson real well.
                          <SPOILER SPACE snipped... only S7 & 8 need spoiler space per forum FAQ's...>*
                          In 3x17 A Hundred Days (conidence?) he has relations with another women (cant rememebr name). Nothing happens but still you would think he would know better then that.
                          Well... in this one he was 'under the influence' of that special cake... Hard to learn something if you don't have control... Although it should teach him about 'not drinking the water!' A Hundred Days was a tad different though. After 3 months of digging and thinking, Jack seemed to have come to the conclusion that he probably wasn't going to be rescued any time soon. Although.. now that I think about it... he did drink a bit of that homebrew that night he had relations with Laira... only to be rescued the next day!

Comment

The makeup hours must have been horrible for RDA
                            Hitler, Stalin, and Mussolini => three of the world's worst dictators.

Also failed artist, failed priest, and failed grade-school teacher.

What we should learn: Don't trust artists, be wary of priests, and fear your teachers!

Comment

Towards the end of this ep, as Jack is aging, did they get a different actor? It doesn't really look like him anymore (besides all the makeup, I mean) and he seems to develop some sort of southern accent.
                              Last edited by kelmah; 22 March 2005, 05:30 PM. Reason: typos, typos, typos...
                              YAY DANCING BANANAS!!!

Hallowed Are The Moderators

Kate Hewlett's blog

A Dog's Breakfast official site

37.47535% - Major Geek How geeky are you?

Comment

Originally posted by gone_fishin'
                                Can't help feeling the director's cut would have given this a bit more substance. Like several other eps in the first 2 series, this felt toally like a Trek episode -- I can't help wondering if some of the earlier stories were originally written for Trek and then dusted down and reshaped for sg1 (Robert Cooper's book in Wormhole Extreme anyone?).
                                I agree completely about the "too much like a Trek ep" comment. I've always thought this was one ep that would have been improved by being filmed LATER in the season after the writers had found more consistent voices for the characters. As written they are almost caricatures. And that dance scene! I kept wondering why she wasn't covered in green body paint...

Comment

Working...
                                X