No announcement yet.

Brief Candle (108)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was great to see just how much the SG1 team have gelled, given that they come from such different backgrounds and haven't been working together all that long. I was particularly touched by Teal'c's speech in the team's video message to Jack; it just seemed very special.

RDA did a great job in this episode. I had to be 'aged' for a role in a musical once (student performance) and it was pretty scary.
    sigpic
    Please don't laugh, this is one of my first attempts at a banner.

Comment

jack is aging at a rapid rate this is another episode that i really liked and definitely backs up the first season being my fave while later seasons had a lot of tok'ra episodes or rebel jaffa the first seasons had great standalone eps that didn't try to throw too much in the audience's face definitely recommend this ep

Comment

Can somebody explain to me why Jack de-aged at the end, but nobody else did? It seems to reason that the other people would have all de-aged as well, but maybe I missed some technobabble explaination?
        It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

Nope.. no techno babble that i can remember.

Comment

A fairly forgettable episode. I wonder if Sam was jealous.

3/10

Full Review: http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/2...ef-candle.html
            My attempt to watch every episode of SG-1 and Atlantis this summer:
            http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by aaobuttons View Post
              Can somebody explain to me why Jack de-aged at the end, but nobody else did? It seems to reason that the other people would have all de-aged as well, but maybe I missed some technobabble explaination?
              They made it seem that he "De-aged" as you put it due to his brief exposure to the Nanites after so many years of normal life. He was not born into that path of aging, therefore his body had a normal path of aging that it was returned to.

It seemed to make sense to me, however I agree with HelloVelo this was a forgettable episode.
              sigpic

Comment

So those people live for only 100 days because of a goauld experiment. The brain development is that fast too? This is sci-fi, I know. But this is one of the few things I can't seem to accept.

I guess after this experience, Jack will now learn not to accept anything from strangers. Usually, Jack is careful and wary when on missions. Still, he is also a human male.

Good to see that Jack has learned a valuable lesson. Don't waste time angsting about the past, especially the bad past. Live in the now and treasure everything that is good. And don't take candy from strangers.

For me, overall, this is just an okay ep.

Comment

Originally posted by L E E View Post
                  So those people live for only 100 days because of a goauld experiment. The brain development is that fast too? This is sci-fi, I know. But this is one of the few things I can't seem to accept.

I guess after this experience, Jack will now learn not to accept anything from strangers. Usually, Jack is careful and wary when on missions. Still, he is also a human male.

Good to see that Jack has learned a valuable lesson. Don't waste time angsting about the past, especially the bad past. Live in the now and treasure everything that is good. And don't take candy from strangers.

For me, overall, this is just an okay ep.
                  Nanites are really really impressive, in later episodes we see lifeforms made entirely of Nanites. (Not to spoil anything for you)

To tell you the truth this was one of my least favorite episodes of all of them. However it was the introduction to Nanites, which turns into a major part of the Stargate Universe.
                  sigpic

Comment

Well, other than Jack eating marriage cake and "kirk-ing" with a girl who's 21 days old...

The aging thing was a good plot line for a stand-alone episode. We got to see Carter and Janet work together to try to solve the problem and Gen. Hammond make a tough decision in the interest of the greater good.

Old!Jack seemed to spout off a lot of philosophy ~ perhaps aging made him melodramatic? Reflecting on his upcoming performances, I'm guessing that the characters were still settling in at this point of the series.

Comment

This episode was interesting purely on the living for 100 hundred days aspect and why that was so.

I'll spoiler this part just encase some people are on their first ever watch of Stargate SG-1;
                      Spoiler:
                      Nanites having artificial intelligence like replicators - all be it a very early version but still similar. Awesome!

It was cool how both Janet and Sam were working together to "save the day" as it were. Funny how Janet used a disk to store the blood test results on hehe showing it's age.

Oh and I keep forgetting to mention this and I know we didn't see General Hammond's desk in this episode but his laptop is chunky as and so was Carters - just another thing with age, amazing how technology has changed.

I also get a chuckle when Teal'c keeps asking "What is a X?"

Overall an aspect of the episode made it interesting otherwise it was ok.

Stargate SG-1 Re-Watch: Season 1, 2, 3

Comment

I watched this again the other night after a two year hiatus. The first time I saw it was on SciFi in syndication and IMO the commercial breaks really hurt the story IMO. Seeing it nonstop gives the whole impact of Jack's rapid aging that much more weight to the story.

I have to tip my hat to RDA for his acting in this one. He goes from his normal larger than life wise guy to a wise (and downright cranky) old man who becomes like a grandfather figure in short order. I loved the line about looking forward to playing shuffleboard with the fellas and about not losing his libido even though he was getting older.

OTOH if it were my grandfather talking that way I'd freak out!

Comment

I remember RDA saying he really enjoyed this ep. He said he loved the prosthetics and make up. At least the first couple of days.

Comment

i like this episode. jack aging was great. i love how the machine thats aging the population was in a statue of the god and that jack kind of figured it out.
                            sigpic

Comment

I liked very much the first scenes of the episode.

Comment

Originally posted by aaobuttons View Post
                                Probably because they were WAAY younger than Jack, and Jack was growing older faster than the others. Plus if the others de-aged they would all be dead.

Comment

Working...
                                X