No announcement yet.

Brief Candle (108)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't remember which question but there is one that I had to change from what I originally had because I actually had the year wrong myself.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

We're all close together with the jigsaw times. Mine's 4:00 on the dot.

Comment

5:43. The pieces were so small, and my eyes are old.

This is an okay episode. The best part is Daniel delivering the baby and Sam not having a clue.

Comment

Originally posted by BethHG View Post
          The best part is Daniel delivering the baby and Sam not having a clue.
          Why would Sam have a clue? Because she's a woman?
          I mean, being female does not automatically mean you know how to deliver a kid (and some of us, really don't need to know either).

Comment

Its because she is a doctor and Jack being Jack doesn't realize not all doctors have medical training
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Honestly, I think Jack looked to her because she was a woman. I just thought it was funny when she basically said How would I know? It made me laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                Its because she is a doctor and Jack being Jack doesn't realize not all doctors have medical training
                That's so Aris Boch of you.

"Not that kind of Doctor."

Originally posted by BethHG View Post
                Honestly, I think Jack looked to her because she was a woman. I just thought it was funny when she basically said How would I know? It made me laugh.
                I think Jack did indeed think that.

Comment

Errors :

1. The stargate opens really weird on Argos at the beginning of the episode:
                  http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/1x08/01.jpg
                  I believe they have mixed the wormhole disintegration and kawoosh forging animation, because the kawoosh is formed differently normally.

2. O'Neill watches a video footage about his team. Even the antenna is pulled out, while it is not a live broadcasting video.
                  http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/1x08/03.jpg
                  "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

On these kinds of planets it wasn't clear to me exactly what the role of the Goa'uld was (as in Cold Lazarus as well). If the goa'uld had conquered the planet or established an experiment there, why exactly was it they never returned?
                    The special effects on Anderson as a very old man and his acting were really excellent.

Comment

Maybe it was the secret experiment of the Goa'uld Pelops then he was killed before he could return.
                      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I think the fact he set up this experiment and never came back to check on it is an example of how little the Goa'uld thought of humans. It's like setting up an ant farm and then ignoring it (although with the ant farm, they'd probably all die due to lack of water and/or food).

Seaboe
                        If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                          Maybe it was the secret experiment of the Goa'uld Pelops then he was killed before he could return.
                          Or it simply didn't go as he had hoped and abandoned the project altogether. Or he found another planet to play with, closer to home.

Comment

Working...
                          X