Brief Candle (108)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ngewakl View Post
    I really cannot buy the knowledge and level of maturity these people develop in a matter of days.
    LOL, you're thinking. Stop. Thinking.

Can't disagree with what you wrote.

Comment

The knowledge and maturity stuff I can't explain very good, but as I had noticed no meat present in their food, I'd think there's some kind of automatic farm... Maybe...
      Homo sum et nihil humani a me alienum puto, sic quod feci quod potui et sic potui, faciant meliora potentes. (c)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vagabond Serpent View Post
        The knowledge and maturity stuff I can't explain very good, but as I had noticed no meat present in their food, I'd think there's some kind of automatic farm... Maybe...
        Well, considering they only live for a hundred days each they can probably survive on fruit, bread, water and cake
        Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

But these still need to come from somewhere, right?
          Homo sum et nihil humani a me alienum puto, sic quod feci quod potui et sic potui, faciant meliora potentes. (c)

sigpic

Comment

True!
            Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
            Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
            On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

I had no trouble believing they could cultivate food, since I assumed plants matured more rapidly as well. To them all these things were normal, and their pace of learning fit with that normality. It's only our slower viewpoint that makes things seemed rushed.

Not that I believe this is a well-thought out (by TPTB) episode from any angle.

Seaboe
              If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Yes, that would work, but they kept telling that Pelops gave to the Chosen 100 of blissful days and that they must rejoice every minute, hence I thought there could be some automatic garden or whatever. But, yeah, not a well thought out epi for sure...

sigpic

Comment

Those were the days that not all gods were Egyptian-inspired. Anyway, a rather standard episode in which nothing much happens except for Jack getting married without knowing it, and we learn that some Goa'uld was fluent in nanotechnology. Daniel gets to deliver his second baby and shows us his translating skills. Carter and Fraiser play with nanobots (the computer disk made me giggle -- those were the days )... but beyond that a rather tame episode.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Not one of my favorite episode, but not a bad one. It is shame that we didn’t see Pelops later, or see other goa’uld use nanotechnology.
                    Nitpicking: the planet supposed to by based on ancient Greeks from Peloponesos, but the painting in the temple is Etruscan.

Comment

Originally posted by AsgardGirl View Post
                      Nitpicking: the planet supposed to by based on ancient Greeks from Peloponesos, but the painting in the temple is Etruscan.
                      Downside of knowing the difference... most people don't even care.
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        Downside of knowing the difference... most people don't even care.
                        I have a similar problem in Merdian when they misuse radiation terms
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

The best part of it was O'Neill's aging, because RDA did a very convincing job of making the character seem 90+ years old at the end. He even sounded old.
                          sigpic

Comment

No good episode for me but Daniel Jackson as midwife - good one.
                            CARPE DIEM
                            ANJA

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                              The best part of it was O'Neill's aging, because RDA did a very convincing job of making the character seem 90+ years old at the end. He even sounded old.
                              When RDA was asked what his favourite episode was he talked about this episode at the 2008 Gatecon convention. He said he really enjoyed playing a "100 year old man" although the 4/5 hrs in makeup got a bit tiresome after five days. He said he remembered episodes by experiences rather than titles. I agree, it showed in his performance how much he enjoyed doing the old man O'Neill and he did a great job.

Comment

It's a real pity we never went back to see how the population did after the nanites got neutralized.

Comment

Working...
                                X