• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brief Candle (108)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON ONE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 108

SG-1 discovers a race of healthy and attractive people who age extremely rapidly. The situation becomes personal when O'Neill begins to suffer from the same accelerated aging, and must live out the rest of his life on the planet.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 06 February 2021, 11:20 PM.

This is more of a technical comment on the DVD audio layering, but this is the episode I noticed it on. I have to use a audio cable combiner because my television doesn't have two audio jacks. Anyway, in the scene where Jack is watching the video, the music plays as normal, but there is no dialogue. However, if I pull out one of the audio cables, I can hear it. Additionally, if I switch language tracks, I can hear the dialogue. This is the only scene (on any DVD) that I've noticed something like this. Has this happened to anyone else? It's not a problem or anything, just VERY strange.

Comment

Did'nt notice anything strange with the audio when I re-watched the episode.

Interesting story. For me (when I first watched it) I could see the history of the gou'ld trying to out do each other by any means possible. No reserve for human life at all.

Comment

for me it was really intersting to watch Jack thru the episode...how he changed from the begining to the time he thought he'd die and back agian very thoughtful

Comment

I liked the messge that life is brief, and should be treasured. I think that is something we all forget sometimes. Jack was really sweet to Kynthia, but in a not leading her on sort of way. I think it showed how close the team had become in a short amount of time.
          ABYDOSCITY2

Comment

A good episode seeing Jack age and how SG-1 are communicating with him. Poor old Jack
            __

__

Comment

I was kind of mad at that one girl who gave him the cake or something (was it cake?) that made him grow old, that kind of made be blame her...
              Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

I'm pretty sure it was the "physical contact" that actually infected Jack.
                The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Really? Haha... I thought it was the food, naughty girl, she drugs Jack, and makes him old!

Comment

Yep, definately the "physical contact". But how come the others in the team get invited to "join in" the celebrations?
                    sigpic

Comment

Becuase their names weren't over the credits
                      ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                      The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

I liked the idea of the Nanites. I liked the gentleness between Jack and Kynthia,and I enjoyed the "Team Friendship" moments !
                        The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

I thought it was kind freaky how the baby grew up so fast, haha, but then again, they all do,

Comment

Good old team friendship!
                            __

__

Comment

Yea verily,Amen and a Big "UP" to Team Friendship !!
                              I have to say the Nanite tech idea and the day/night setting gizmo were cool ideas,and I liked the way Daniel had to be the midwife.
                              I loved the way Sam bottled out of doing the job !
                              The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Working...
                              X