Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Brief Candle (108)

Can't help feeling the director's cut would have given this a bit more substance. Like several other eps in the first 2 series, this felt toally like a Trek episode -- I can't help wondering if some of the earlier stories were originally written for Trek and then dusted down and reshaped for sg1 (Robert Cooper's book in Wormhole Extreme anyone?).

relaxing on a certain dock near a certain cabin...

Quote Originally Posted by SmartFox
    LOL i was wondering about that too. Of course Jack doesnt learn the lesson real well.
    <SPOILER SPACE snipped... only S7 & 8 need spoiler space per forum FAQ's...>*
    In 3x17 A Hundred Days (conidence?) he has relations with another women (cant rememebr name). Nothing happens but still you would think he would know better then that.
    Well... in this one he was 'under the influence' of that special cake... Hard to learn something if you don't have control... Although it should teach him about 'not drinking the water!' A Hundred Days was a tad different though. After 3 months of digging and thinking, Jack seemed to have come to the conclusion that he probably wasn't going to be rescued any time soon. Although.. now that I think about it... he did drink a bit of that homebrew that night he had relations with Laira... only to be rescued the next day!
    Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
    My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Zat Re: Brief Candle (108)

The makeup hours must have been horrible for RDA
    Hitler, Stalin, and Mussolini => three of the world's worst dictators.

Also failed artist, failed priest, and failed grade-school teacher.

What we should learn: Don't trust artists, be wary of priests, and fear your teachers!

Towards the end of this ep, as Jack is aging, did they get a different actor? It doesn't really look like him anymore (besides all the makeup, I mean) and he seems to develop some sort of southern accent.
    Last edited by kelmah; March 22nd, 2005 at 05:30 PM. Reason: typos, typos, typos...
    http://members.shaw.ca/userkey/user_...nky1ani1uj.gif YAY DANCING BANANAS!!!

Hallowed Are The Moderators

Kate Hewlett's blog

A Dog's Breakfast official site

37.47535% - Major Geek How geeky are you?

Quote Originally Posted by gone_fishin'
    Can't help feeling the director's cut would have given this a bit more substance. Like several other eps in the first 2 series, this felt toally like a Trek episode -- I can't help wondering if some of the earlier stories were originally written for Trek and then dusted down and reshaped for sg1 (Robert Cooper's book in Wormhole Extreme anyone?).
    I agree completely about the "too much like a Trek ep" comment. I've always thought this was one ep that would have been improved by being filmed LATER in the season after the writers had found more consistent voices for the characters. As written they are almost caricatures. And that dance scene! I kept wondering why she wasn't covered in green body paint...

Second Lieutenant ApophisOfTheStargateRealm's Avatar

excellent episode! i just liked the plot although seeing jack like that was a bit depressing...
    "A general is only as good as the people he commands."

he seems to develop some sort of southern accent.
    LOL! I noticed this also. It was a bit weird.

I liked the Greco-Roman aspects of this ep, as I am quite fascinated by that culture. Costumes, lifetstyle, architecture etc was really cool.

Kynthia annoyed me too. She just seemed so fake and artificially sweet. I was surprised by how quickly Jack jumped into bed with her.

I found the introduction of nanite technology brilliant, it really opens up alot of possibilities. They should have examined the technology more to see if it could be adapted to slow down aging instead of speeding it up.

Good question...think it's Kansas...let me check...

Zat Re: Brief Candle (108)

Quote Originally Posted by jckfan55
    Kynthia--sweet, but rather empty-headed. Guess the Gou'ald didn't worry about smarts for these people.
    Which oddly makes sense. Pelops wouldn't want his guinea pigs to reach a level of advancement that would allow them to figure that they'd been tampered with, let alone a level at which they'd be able destroy the nano-thingies.

O'Neill variants played by RDA thus far this season: 4

The thing that bugged me was when O'Neill got "caked" and was taken away, the others let him go pretty easily.

I didn't really like this episode....I dunno why really. Maybe I'll just have to rewatch it again. Although I must say that it was good in the way it showed SG-1 as being more than just 'a team'.

This episode to me started the whole family thing in SG-1 they all cared about eac other which has lasted all the way to the 8th season.

Second Lieutenant

I would have liked it more if the writers put a bigger spin on the whole concept....

Lieutenant General Pharaoh Atem's Avatar

boy rick isn't going to age real in years to come

good episode and it shows that there weren't being to careful when there went off world like there are in the later season.

Chief Master Sergeant andrelage's Avatar

great episode, shame that they didn't really gain any technology from exploring the people

Lieutenant Colonel captain jake's Avatar

I am just glad that jack is ok personaly.

yeah if jack stayed OLD!!! he wouldnt of been able to fight in all those good batles he fighted in

I also think that the make up on RDA was brilliant. It kind of gives us an insight into what he 'may' look like in years to come! I thought it was interesting how when they moved away from the village, they did not go to sleep once sunset hit.

If there had of been a follow up episode to this, we could have seen the people living away from their village, and living great lives. Not living for only a few days.
    http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...c-smallpic.jpg
    Don't Worry About The World Ending. It Is Already Tomorrow In Australia.

Captain Team SG-1*save the show*'s Avatar
    off world formerly Burton on trent,england

QUOTE=fair_nymph;437794

Kynthia annoyed me too. She just seemed so fake and artificially sweet. I was surprised by how quickly Jack jumped into bed with her.
    i am watching this episode now on sky one. Jack was given the cake and it was drugged. None of the others ate the cake. he also says that before he falls to sleep.

they should have made another episode about phelops/pelops and the nanite tech he used. i want to know who he was.

Major General

Good point.. I too would have loved to know more on that gou'ald...

Quote Originally Posted by Team SG-1*save the show* View Post
    i am watching this episode now on sky one. Jack was given the cake and it was drugged. None of the others ate the cake. he also says that before he falls to sleep.
    It's remarkable how his taste for cake remained intact after this experience- if it were me I probably would have gone off it. Though maybe just alien cake.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast