Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Brief Candle (108)

How sophisticated can something so small get? Then again it's scifi.

I felt sick looking at him when hes old, that stuf doesent look real just looks wired, and the episode was crap.

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

On the whole I liked the episode, some good funnies, and some excellent tech.

BTW, if anybody knows the recipe for the cake, can they lat me have it?
    http://forum.gateworld.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=29235&d=1297874202

Good question...think it's Kansas...let me check...

Unhappy Re: Brief Candle (108)

To be quite frank, I really didn't like this ep all that much.

What was good:

a. Team friendship.

b. "Don't look at me, I don't know what to do!" midwife moment.

c. Premis. Great plot idea, it really illustrated how totally unrespectful of life the goa'uld are.

d. Overally funny moments. As long as I'm laughing, I've no bones to pick.

What was bad:

a. I just didn't like Kynthia. Not because she drugged Jack (hello, it was a total misunderstanding/accident); I just didn't like her. Something seriously rubbed the wrong way. I don't think she was a slut. I just didn't like her.

b. The other Argosians. The acting among the extras was kind of...bad. I thought.

c. Where do they get their food? If no one farms, but they feast everyday, who grows the stuff? And who prepares it?

d. Octagenarian Jack. Yeah, he bugged me too. Probably because I wish RDA was younger, not older--you're going to the wrong end of the spectrum! Quick! Reverse it!

On the whole, I think it was a good ep. I just...didn't like it. Oops.

Chief Master Sergeant JediTrilobite's Avatar

I liked this episode, it was a pretty fun one. I've actually met the author, who's recently written a Star Wars Novel, Cestus Deception. His website is www.lifewrite.com

Lieutenant Colonel Major Fischer's Avatar

I just wish we could have seen Janet's lecture about interplanetary STDs after this one

Tretonin Re: Brief Candle (108)

Quote Originally Posted by Major Fischer
    I just wish we could have seen Janet's lecture about interplanetary STDs after this one
    That would make for one interesting HS Health class!

Lieutenant Colonel Major Fischer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aschen
    That would make for one interesting HS Health class!
    I have this image of a WWII style VD lecture with Janet standing on the ramp with the stargate behind her and all the SGC teams forced to sit in the gateroom and listen...

Captain Cpn. Chris(tine) Bowman's Avatar

I thought this episode was pretty boring actually. Of course, the idea of Goa'uld manipulating humans to make them evolve faster was fascinating and tied up really well with what Nirrti did to the children of Hanka too. It gives Goa'ulds a whole other dimension.

Kynthia annoyed me she was soo... goody-goody and yucky I did love Jack's face when he woke up, pretty much naked to see his friends staring at him. lol, his embarassement was priceless
    May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Captain Cpn. Chris(tine) Bowman's Avatar

Ooh, Boy! I feel a fanfic coming!
    May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

"And kids, this is why you always use protection..." Can you imagine his version of the 'birds'n'bees' lecture to Cassie?

Earth Symbol Re: Brief Candle (108)

Quote Originally Posted by Cpn. Chris(tine) Bowman
    I thought this episode was pretty boring actually. Of course, the idea of Goa'uld manipulating humans to make them evolve faster was fascinating and tied up really well with what Nirrti did to the children of Hanka too. It gives Goa'ulds a whole other dimension.

Kynthia annoyed me she was soo... goody-goody and yucky I did love Jack's face when he woke up, pretty much naked to see his friends staring at him. lol, his embarassement was priceless
    Yes, I agree on all points! And in regards to the last sentence...cherish it! It's not often that we get to see Jack completely chagrined!

I felt alseep today when I saw the episode Kinthia haba haba
    Lord Zedd

relaxing on a certain dock near a certain cabin...

I agree this one wasn't the best, but on the adequate side. It was still the 1st season and they (the writers & the actors) were still hitting their stride & 'gelling' as a team.

Zats - you know Kynthia reminded me of Sha're in facial features & build. Do you think maybe that's why she rubbed you the wrong way? It was too soon after Sha're's disappearance to have her almost 'twin' appear on the show....

I liked that it gave Jack a chance to learn another way to deal with his pain and grief over Charlie & Sarah. It helped him move away from the suicidal man he was in the movie. (Jack: "Sweet Kynthia, I've learned so much from you. I'll treasure every day of my life because of you.")

And loved the scene where Teal'c says "Perhaps it was a good Goa'uld" and Jack chokes out a laugh, spitting cake crumbs all over the place.

And of course, for anyone who's a Jack/RDA devotee... that short scene after Kynthia seduces him isn't too shabby....
    Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
    My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmeringStar
    I agree this one wasn't the best, but on the adequate side. It was still the 1st season and they (the writers & the actors) were still hitting their stride & 'gelling' as a team.

Zats - you know Kynthia reminded me of Sha're in facial features & build. Do you think maybe that's why she rubbed you the wrong way? It was too soon after Sha're's disappearance to have her almost 'twin' appear on the show....

I liked that it gave Jack a chance to learn another way to deal with his pain and grief over Charlie & Sarah. It helped him move away from the suicidal man he was in the movie. (Jack: "Sweet Kynthia, I've learned so much from you. I'll treasure every day of my life because of you.")

And loved the scene where Teal'c says "Perhaps it was a good Goa'uld" and Jack chokes out a laugh, spitting cake crumbs all over the place.

And of course, for anyone who's a Jack/RDA devotee... that short scene after Kynthia seduces him isn't too shabby....
    The Sha're/Kynthia thing weirdly makes sense--although it's not so weird now that I think about it. Cool.

The 'sweet Kynthia, treasure every day, yadda yadda' thing made me wince--but I suppose it is sort of sweet. Maybe it'll come with time. I just have a hard time picturing Jack saying that without copious application of alcohol.

And no, the seduction scene wasn't bad!

relaxing on a certain dock near a certain cabin...

Quote Originally Posted by zats
    The Sha're/Kynthia thing weirdly makes sense--although it's not so weird now that I think about it. Cool.

The 'sweet Kynthia, treasure every day, yadda yadda' thing made me wince--but I suppose it is sort of sweet. Maybe it'll come with time. I just have a hard time picturing Jack saying that without copious application of alcohol.

And no, the seduction scene wasn't bad!
    *laughs*
    Yeah, I agree the writers needed to work on Jack's words a bit to make it sound more Jack-ish... but I guess I was just happy he'd admitted that he was moving on and learning to come to terms with his grief.
    Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
    My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmeringStar
    *laughs*
    Yeah, I agree the writers needed to work on Jack's words a bit to make it sound more Jack-ish... but I guess I was just happy he'd admitted that he was moving on and learning to come to terms with his grief.
    Okay...I'll buy that.

Quote Originally Posted by Excali5033
    This is more of a technical comment on the DVD audio layering, but this is the episode I noticed it on. I have to use a audio cable combiner because my television doesn't have two audio jacks. Anyway, in the scene where Jack is watching the video, the music plays as normal, but there is no dialogue. However, if I pull out one of the audio cables, I can hear it. Additionally, if I switch language tracks, I can hear the dialogue. This is the only scene (on any DVD) that I've noticed something like this. Has this happened to anyone else? It's not a problem or anything, just VERY strange.
    I have a surround sound system hooked up to my DVD player and I get the same thing for that scene, music but no dialogue. The strange thing is that when that scene is shown again in "Politics" it has both music and dialogue (and I've made no changes to my DVD player). I never noticed it until I watched the episode on Scifi one night.

Kynthia--sweet, but rather empty-headed. Guess the Gou'ald didn't worry about smarts for these people. The cake is only for O'Neill scene was priceless, though for Sam's & Daniel's reactions.

LOL i was wondering about that too. Of course Jack doesnt learn the lesson real well.
    SPOILER SPACE
    In 3x17 A Hundred Days (conidence?) he has relations with another women (cant rememebr name). Nothing happens but still you would think he would know better then that.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast