Favorite Season 1 Episode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite Season 1 Episode

What is your favorite season one episode of Supernatural, and why?

Season 1 Episodes:
    Spoiler:
    Pilot
    Wendigo
    Dead in the Water
    Phantom Traveler
    Bloody Mary
    Skin
    Hookman
    Bugs
    Home
    Asylum
    Scarecrow
    Faith
    Route 666
    Nightmare
    The Benders
    Shadow
    Hell House
    Something Wicked
    Provenance
    Dead Man's Blood
    Salvation
    Devil's Trap

Season 1 episode guide.

I will ask a mod to make this into a poll.
    Pilot
    5.56%
    Wendigo
    0.00%
    Dead in the Water
    0.00%
    Phantom Traveler
    0.00%
    Bloody Mary
    0.00%
    Skin
    5.56%
    Hookman
    0.00%
    Bugs
    0.00%
    Home
    0.00%
    Asylum
    5.56%
    Scarecrow
    16.67%
    Faith
    0.00%
    Route 666
    0.00%
    Nightmare
    0.00%
    The Benders
    0.00%
    Shadow
    0.00%
    Hell House
    0.00%
    Something Wicked
    5.56%
    Provenance
    5.56%
    Dead Man's Blood
    11.11%
    Salvation
    5.56%
    Devil's Trap
    38.89%
    IMO always implied.

I can't really decide between Provenance and Dead Man's Blood, loved them both. I chose DMB just because John gives the episode a little more importance than Provenance had.

DBM is the first time that all the Winchesters worked together on a case (on screen). Love the dynamic between John and Dean, who follows his father's every command with complete respect (the "subservient soldier"), which stands in contrast to the relationship of John and Sam. Sam is so much alike John in his character (smart, stubborn, almost overambitious in their quest to fight evil) that they can't see eye to eye without having an argument. This gives also some drama between the brothers who can't at first understand each others positions with their relationship to their dad, but realise during the episode that family is the most important thing and that stronger together and everybody should take part in the decision making.
    This episode establishes also the Colt, which is a fundamental instrument in the fight against Azazel.
    On top of that we get an interesting hunt too, the first appearence of vampires.
    sigpic
    My short movie "Red Bag" / The Scifi Guys Podcast / My Twitter account

Comment

To be honest I think I find it the most difficult to pick a favorite out of this season than I do the others...because I like a lot of these equally...where as in the later seasons my favorite jumps out at me. Don't think I'm gonna vote just yet, but it's between:

Scarecrow, which is definitely my favorite MOTW episode this season. This one was down right creepy...though Provenance is right up there in the creepy factor. I know the brothers are split up in this one, but I still enjoyed each of their stories. Meg was a great addition to the show and this one introduced her. And it has great one liners..."Dude, you fugly." "I hope your apple pie is freakin' worth it!" Dean getting called out on his use of John Bonham as an alias. Sam to Meg: You trust shady van guy and not me? Dean: "Hold me, Sam. That was beautiful." lol. All around I just thought this was a solid episode. The show had really found it's feet with this one.

eta: Think I'm gonna go with this one for a good ol' classic monster of the week episode.

And then the episode right after it...

Faith. I love the character stuff in this one. Really good Dean episode. The monster part of the story was interesting as well.

I thought the Pilot was really good. Wendigo was a nice second episode..."I don't do shorts." Ha! Hell House was a fun episode, though I could have done without Ghostfacers later. Loved Something Wicked for the backstory as well as Home. And the final three episode were a great way to wrap up the season. Devil's Trap will probably always be my favorite season ender because I knew nothing about the episode so when I got to it on the dvds and at the end *bam* the truck crashes into the Impala...I was like holy crap (though umm more explicit). Didn't have the S2 dvds yet so I just couldn't wait and cheated and read about all the other seasons so I knew what happened from then on when I watched them.
      Last edited by LoneStar1836; 11 October 2009, 05:58 PM. Reason: sp
      IMO always implied.

Comment

As my Season 1 favorite, I would probably choose "Devil's Trap". What a way to leave us hanging at the end of the episode. I never saw that crash coming.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

If I have to choose, I'll go with Devil's Trap (and I reserve the right to say another episode is my favorite at another time, because it is very difficult to pick ). What a season ender! I screamed when the Impala was hit; I had no idea it was coming. My other ultra-favorites would be the Pilot and Skin.

Comment

Wearing my different hats I love several episodes for different things. As a Dean thunker my favorite is Skin - both for the *cough* skin shots and the hotness of Evil Dean. As a whumper The Benders tops my list. But from a storyline point of view I'm torn between Faith and Something Wicked. Faith was a great character study, where the boys' roles were reversed. With Dean close to death Sam had to take the lead. I also loved the ethical ramnifications, although I must admit that it was only on the re-watch that I realized Dean was willing to sacrifice himself for the girl with the brain tumor. Something Wicked was great in providing background on the boys' relationship and some of Dean's behavioral patterns. As a mother of 2 I also love the way he interacts with kids. And I really enjoyed the scene where Dean talks to the Doc, knowing he's the Shtriga (sp?). The suppressed fury was great to see.

So for this poll, I think I'll go with Something Wicked.

sigpic
            Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

I almost went for the Pilot because I think it's a virtually perfect start to the show. I still love re-watching it but then I could say that about nearly every other ep

But I'm going with Devil's Trap. Even though I've not seen it for a while, it left an impression with that cliff hanger of an ending. I never saw it coming either. Thankfully I watched the next season straight away.
              sigpic

Comment

I'd have to say Devil's Trap was my favorite. The whole season led up to this episode. All three Winchesters re-united and the first time we meet The Yellow Eyed Demon face-to-face.

The whole episode was just unpredictable in so many ways. Especially that cliffhanger. I was not expecting that!
                "God save us from half the people who think they're doing God's work." - Dean Winchester

Comment

As this show is so consistently good it's really difficult to choose a favourite episode. Since the object of this thread is to do so, I would have to go for 'Devil's Trap' for the sheer brilliance of it being able to totally surprise me with that cliffhanger ending. I haven't been shocked by an ending of a show like that for longer than I can remember!

Comment

This is one of the season I had no problem choosing. Devil's Trap. There were a lot of good episodes here: Skin, Home, Scarecrow, Faith. But the last 6-7 minutes of this one (from the time Dean realises it isn't John) is Supernatural at it's most perfect for me.

Intense drama with both boys, and John, AND my favourite villian. Some good Dean whump (), both emotional and physical. And the coolest car crash I have ever seen on television. Wow! And as an added bonus we get Meg, exorcisms, the first Devil's Trap, and the intro of the amasing, terrific, fantabulous BOBBY!!!

Comment

Provenance was my choice but I had a tough decision on my hands! My main choices were Phantom Traveller and Dead InThe Water but I just like the painting. It's creepy but somehow still awesome!
                      sigpic

Comment

Devil's Trap.Because I didn't see John was obsessed at all!and Dean's figuring this out as papa Winchester praised him was just...poor Dean.
                        Also the crash scene was pretty shocking.

As a stand-alone episode I would choose Faith.Yeah you know Dean's not dying but there were interesting thoughts in the episode.Also more Dean-angst

Comment

Working...
                        X