Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many bullets does it take to kill a Jaffa?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many bullets does it take to kill a Jaffa?

We all see in most episodes, the teams fire off a pretty fair burst into a Jaffa and it seems to kill them effectively. However, i was watching CoTG, as it is now reairing at this moment, and the Jafffa that came into the Gateroom took TONS of hits before going down. Teal'c even was being shot and, on having the lady airmen in his grasp, turned, and took all the bullets in the back, and they seemed to have no effect. Now i know for sure that the guns they were using in the Gateroom, which were either M4's or M16's, are a lot more armor pierceing than the P90's bullets. This is just nickpicking I know, but i whish they had kept it like in CoTG, because IMO it seems after that they Jaffa go down way too easy as to be the protectors of God's. And I can see people trying to make a point how the Goa'uld hadn't encountered our weapons before, but they real point is that the damage was changed from the first episode scenes and I think it was for the worse.
    Signature oversized: Click to view.

After "Children of the Gods", the SG teams started using armor piercing rounds, since normal rounds couldn't get through jaffa armor.
    Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

1, to the head.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Damnit
        1, to the head.
        i was gonna say the exact same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Damnit
          1, to the head.
          Some wear helmets.
          Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
            Some wear helmets.
            we haven't seen a helmet for a while though.

Comment

Originally posted by soulblade64
              we haven't seen a helmet for a while though.
              They could make a return.
              Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
                They could make a return.

no beacsue i bet they got rid of them beacsue it made they look more dumb than coool and its hard to see though them and when they can see every thing is in red

Comment

1, but the bullet has to really, really want to kill the jaffa....

and then it will change a lightbulb as well.
                  Thanks!
                  Jordan

my page
                  My LJ
                  From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

One through the symbiote pouch could do the trick as well (as long as the symbiote is killed)

Although it's a lucky shot, it's a one-hit kill, too.
                    Enter my game site...

Comment

Originally posted by soulblade64
                      i was gonna say the exact same thing.
                      Yea, I wanted to come in here and say: 1 placed firmly between the eyes!

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

The guns they were using in the CotG teaser were XM-177 Colt Carbines.
                        sigpic
                        Banner By JME2

Comment

I suppose that chain mail provides pretty good protection against most bullets, as long as they aren't piercing. Jaffa discipline probably allows them to ignore the pain (believe me when I say it still stings like hell).
                          [email protected]
                          http://underworld-x.com

I pledge allegiance to the underworld
                          One nation under dog
                          There of which I stand alone
                          A face in the crowd
                          Unsung, against the mold
                          Without a doubt
                          Singled out
                          The only way I know

Comment

Originally posted by lord-anubis
                            no beacsue i bet they got rid of them beacsue it made they look more dumb than coool and its hard to see though them and when they can see every thing is in red
                            the actors were also complaining that they got 2 hot in the helmet armour. an they do every now an thn appear in episodes. there was quite a few of the helmets in sacrifices. and if u notice they only wear thm when they are dead or standing still and never when they are fighting or sumink

Comment

the helmet thing could also be a designation of rank within the jaffa ranks

like the ones guarding apophis when they came through in CoTg had the "snake head" helm, which i take for elite personal guards. whereas the pot helmet jaffa are merely cannon fodder but i agree on the point about the jaffa, they are much easier to kill now than in CoTg, which i prefered realy because the harder they are to kill the more menacing the threat seems, as it is now they can mow down legions of jaffa without having to reload

Comment

Working...
                              X