• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hero (204)

Visit the Episode GuideSANCTUARY SEASON TWO
    HERO
    EPISODE NUMBER - 204

The team's efforts are thwarted by an ordinary man playing superhero in the city, thanks to a suit that gives him special powers. A crime boss uses Kate's brother to convince her to work for him, and the team hunts a rapidly-evolving insectoid creature.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 10 April 2011, 03:00 PM.

well, gotta say it....mediocre

walter was kinda cheesy and 'painful' like martin lloyd. so was the comic book idea

nice to see the dude from Eureka

I liked the Kate part, proving her loyalty, and the monster hunt was...ok

all in all it was just kinda flat.

biggy's hair seemed wrong, as did his mannerisms, i'd swear that helen's accent was different. it just wasn't a stunner like the last two.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Loved it Loved It LOVED IT..Need I say more,

You never know Amanda may have been sick when she shot that episode hencing why her accent may have been different. Walter was funny as Was Henry. Big Guys hair was...funny but okay always always on my toes with this season.

Cant wait till the next one. That one...will be BRILLIANT. as was this one

Comment

The good:
        - The new intro credits are interesting. It was nice to see Ryan Robbins added to them, and they looked good. Sad to see Emilie Ullerup gone though

- I also found it hilarious to see Vincent from Eureka dressed up as an overweight superhero obsessed with comic books....and jazzing up his outfit with hockey gloves Plus, the suit being made of some kind of bug...that's a pretty cool, very sci-fi thing.

- And, of course, the Spock thing at the end!

The odd:
        - Not a mention of Ashley? At all? No mourning whatsoever?!

- Kate was less annoying, but still annoying. Considering I've wanted to put my eyes out every time she's been on screen till now, I suppose this is an improvement.

The bad:
        - Will and Brit guy were popping wheelies while chasing that empath guy....come on! Talk about bad, bad stuff--I felt like I was watching crap like VIP when that happened. And as long as I'm loosely on the same subject, they ended up completely ignoring the empath plot!

- The multicam has to go. Like I said last week, this close to calling it quits because of that alone.

- The green screening, which had looked DRASTICALLY improved in the last few weeks, has suddenly gone back to looking terrible and terribly obvious.

- I REALLY could've done without seeing the gory remains of a cat

- the bug chasing a-plot in the warehouse felt like a huge rehash of the first season episode with Tory from BSG in it

- the Kate b-plot was so horribly forced and cliched it wasn't interesting in the least

- what in the hell was Kate wearing? Since when did she go emo biker goth?
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          well, gotta say it....mediocre

walter was kinda cheesy and 'painful' like martin lloyd. so was the comic book idea

nice to see the dude from Eureka

Oh, yes I agree with the word choice painful! I think he was worst than Martin and that should say something about his acting skills b/c I loved him in Eureka and Harper island.

Overall, I liked Kate storyline best!

This is just my personal opinion but I just can't see Will doing any type of trick on a bike, just me?

P.S. Sad to see Emilie Ullerup name gone for the intro.
          sigpic There are my dogs!

If you had to chose, die or watch the world die, what would you pick?"

Comment

Um Kate Freedlander isn't for sale? Isn't that her basic job description?
            All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Loved it. Yep somebody got eaten.
              sigpic

Comment

Not my favourite so far.

The main plot was a little SG1's arm bands mixed with SGA's McKay's green shieldy thing. But, different enough that I wasn't too distracted by it.

The Kate bits were a little predictable, which was unfortunate, but I enjoyed that guy got eaten. Can someone remind me who/what Steve is? It's on the tip of my brain but I can't find it.

It's good they softened Kate more, too. Magnus totally knew what happened since the mermaid definitely squealed but, she's clearly with the Sanctuary crowd now.

The capturing of the big bug was good too.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Amalthea View Post
                  The Kate bits were a little predictable, which was unfortunate, but I enjoyed that guy got eaten. Can someone remind me who/what Steve is? It's on the tip of my brain but I can't find it.
                  I think he's an abnormal we saw in the webisodes, Ashley and Henry were testing a sonic weapon with him. Not sure if he's appeared on the TV show.

It's good they softened Kate more, too. Magnus totally knew what happened since the mermaid definitely squealed but, she's clearly with the Sanctuary crowd now.
                  Hmm, good point about the mermaid, that helps Helen trusting Kate at the end make more sense to me.

Overall, a rather 'meh' episode. Reminded me a lot of Nubbins, a light-hearted romp that you just don't take very seriously.

I liked seeing Declan again, Chris Gauthier was funny as the Adjuster, and I did get a laugh out of Henry and his comic book references, though the sudden jump in time at the end was strange. And while I've generally liked the split-screen stuff, it didn't seem to be used very effectively in this episode.

In many ways I enjoyed the Kate B story more than the A story, though a lot of her dialog is still jarring. I'm guessing the 'not for sale' line is meant to imply that Kate entirely given up the con artist/thief job and thrown her lot in with the Sanctuary. Not sure I completely buy that yet, I hope Magnus still keeps her on a short leash, so to speak.

I actually didn't mind too much that Ashley was not mentioned, since a lot of Eulogy was like a farewell to the character. And even though EU's name is no longer in the credits, I like that they've kept her picture.

On the plus side, next week's episode looks fantastic, I can't wait.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Amalthea View Post

The capturing of the big bug was good too.

totally agree, Helen knows what happen but she sees, Kate is there to stay and prove to them she can be trust.
                    ----
                    Very different episode from the last three, I found myself laughing through almost the whole episode. So although is not a favorite I’ll say I like it..good buffer episode.

What I didn’t like was as I believe everybody is going to comment the lack of Ashley’s mourning, yeap! I thought there be more sad scenes, mentions of Ashley or something but not, TPTB totally steep from that; so I will assume that time has pass already since at the end f the episode when they are reading the comic book they tell you a “few months” had pass.

The only time I could see a remembrance of what happen to Ashley, was when Walter said, “You risk your life every day doing what you do” the face expression on Amanda/Magnus totally takes you briefly to a place where she is still mourning then Will looking at her, reaffirms that cause the way he looks at Magnus is one of concern and pain.

After that remark they don’t insist to Walter of talking the suit off. So in a way they are still struggling with Ashley’s departure but not emphasizing that too much.

“Super guy” was good, the insects forming the hero suit was totally sanctuary stuff and him not been able to come up with a “trade mark line” was so funny.

Kate…I’m still debating myself about her, as some have say she was predictable but I’m glad she let the other’s know “she is not for sale” thought is going to be hard for the others to accept that since it seems she has live her life like that.

Magnus and Will asking Walter where he found the suit, when he is describing his “super powers” and he goes “X ray vision” the faces on first Magnus and then Will were hilarious.

Henry knowing all those comics and then finding out Walter stole his idea was good too.

At the end of the episode, you can’t help to notice how at ease they all seem to be with each other, Kate has been with them more time and she is fitting in well.
                    sigpic

Dare and Dream

Comment

Yep. Got a lot of guffaws. In a good way. I enjoyed the ep for what it was - lighthearted.

What was with Biggie? I'm not so sure it was CH all the time. And he was chatty at times, with an odd (for him) voice.

I think I tend to not like car/motorcycle chases. Since when is Will a biker? Was jarring. Overall, reminded me of another pop-a-wheelie bike chase. Though this was better. Marginally.

I rather wish this hadn't been aired *right* after Eulogy. I guess Eulogy was a transition piece, but...

Last point... no wa a comic book would be written, sold, inked, marketed and nominated for awards within a few months.

Loved that Kate fed Constantine to the tentacle.

I know I mentioned a lot of faults, but overall, I liked this ep.

That look Helen gave Henry when he mentioned sonic hearing... Then next scene was Helen using a police scanner to catch him.

suse
                      sigpic
                      Mourning Sanctuary.
                      Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Ryan added to the opening credits, Finally. And DAMN he looked good.

And Eureaka. I was trying to remember where else I had seen him. He was also in Stargate Ark Of Truth, Smallville and Stargate Atlantis! He's been in lots other, but these are the ones I remember!!!
                        Last edited by AnnieS; 30 October 2009, 08:43 PM.
                        MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                        MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                        POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                        CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
                        GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
                        VCON VANCOUVER 2010
                        FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

I hope that the goo gets used in another epic battle.
                          If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                          Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                          If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                          Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

after the super drama of the first 3 eps, i felt a bit let down. it was a fun enough ep, but after coming off those first 3...

nice bits through out the ep. i liked how kate dealt with the jerk (and how she punched her brother when he first came up to her for a hug ), and especially liked how helen officially brought her into the fold.

someone said on another thread that this wasn't supposed to be the next ep right after 'eulogy', and i can see that an ashley mention was very much needed. too bad.

all in all, fun, but nothing wow.

sally

sigpic

Comment

not to be mean but HORRIBLE writing and utterly UNDESIRABLE directing

reasons: Helen acts as though she never had a child. (you dont get over something that tragic..its that simple...some of you will say "well they cant spend all the shows dwelling on" but they can reflect and even so maybe they should have not killed her of then if they are not willing to reflect on it properly

makes for phony really cheesy television. not believable in the slightest

also, um whats with the superhero? Kate? and Will magically being able to ride bikes...they are trying to hard to fill ashleys void.

like my mother always said: if you cant do something right...DONT DO IT AT ALL..

so sad...so disappointing. if its gonna be like this from now on i think im done.. time to find a new show.

Comment

Working...
                              X