• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eulogy (203)

Visit the Episode GuideSANCTUARY SEASON TWO
    EULOGY
    EPISODE NUMBER - 203

While the Sanctuary deals with a massive intake of abnormals from Tokyo and London, Magnus struggles with the possibility that her daughter may be dead. Kate helps the team track a one-of-a-kind creature she accidentally set loose.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 10 April 2011, 02:59 PM.

I can't believe Ashley is dead. The end of the episode was wonderful so sad as Wood or Damian said.

Comment

a really good eps

helen's desperation was almost painful to watch. although, you know, i did laugh at the 'she's in the pattern buffer' bit

kate...is ok when she's with henry and he's snarking right back. bit OTT when folks jsut roll thier eyes at her. But i think she'll tone down a bit

i LOVED the '20 boxes? i have loads of boxes' bit. just downright humorous

it was and odd blend of comedy, humor, pathos and desperation and it worked. one kept the other from being too much

and i LOVED, LOVED, LOVED that john is going after dana

go ripper go
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

She can't be dead because she's still in the ruddy intro right!?

Go Green

Comment

Oh my goodness, I am still crying! That was the most heartbreaking thing. Helen's tears and everything. And Big Foot's doll that he made for her! I think I'm going to cry all night.

Ok, moving on from the end, I could have done without the little flying guy, to be honest, but I did enjoy the hunt for the sthenosaur or whatever it was. The "capture" at the end cracked me up. I hoped it would have changed Kate a little more than it did, but it was a start, I think.

I hope John "plays" with her a little before he drops her off a bridge or something equally horrible. That's so wrong of me, but I hate her for what she did!
          sigpic

Comment

I just knew that Ashley was going to walk up to Dana while she was having tea. I just don't think I'm going to believe that Ashley is gone, it is sci-fi, does anyone really die.

Long Live Stargate

Comment

i had that thought too, that ash would pop up somewhere.

which i think she will. i dunno, i have an idea that helen will find that necklace somewhere.

and you are not alone in hoping that john...relives some memories of his time in london with dana

she deserves it
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wkw427 View Post
                She can't be dead because she's still in the ruddy intro right!?
                Not really spoilery, but just in case.

Spoiler:
                10 to 1 that she isn't in the intro next week.

The first pod cast they mentioned that it was their 'old credits', so I think there will be 'new credits' that will include Ryan and Agam.

Comment

Oh, and I forgot... I was so sure that Ashley was going to come back, which breaks my heart even more. In the last couple days, it occurred to me that maybe she could rematerialize once the shield came down, with her super healing powers and all... but then no... empty casket. Was that her diary that Henry put in? Oh, here come the tears again...
                  sigpic

Comment

Just like in the soaps, no body no death.

Long Live Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by kthomassg View Post
                      I just knew that Ashley was going to walk up to Dana while she was having tea. I just don't think I'm going to believe that Ashley is gone, it is sci-fi, does anyone really die.
                      I thought Ashley was going to walk up to Dana too! But then she didn't, but John was there so I hope he gets her soon! Hate Dana!!!

I can't believe Ashley is dead. Though I also hope it's a sci-fi death and we find out she's not really dead somehow. But the end where they had her memorial service and Helen told "Ashley" that she was her life, I was ready to jump in there and give Helen a hug! Amazing episode and amazing performance by Amanda again. But it was sooo sad, there was so much pain through the whole episode but espically during the last moments.
                      sigpic

Comment

AWESOME episode! I was surprised that the different tones in the show worked together. And I found myself hating Kate just a little less this week. Still don't love her, but it's nice to despise her less.

Terrific performances by all. The chemistry between Druitt and Magnus is just amazing. Their scenes together were stellar. REALLY want to see more of their history together!

Regarding Ashley being seen in the credits...that could change. I think a friend who was a die-hard Buffy The Vampire Slayer fan once told me that not only did a character get killed off and the credits changed the following week - but the actress finally got her billing bumped up for the episode where her character was killed off in. How's that for harsh?

For about two seconds I wondered if Ashley would somehow show up at the end with Dana, but then I thought it would be Druitt exacting his revenge and I was right. Even though I don't want Ashley to be dead, I kind of think she should really be dead. It's devastating for everyone, but it shows the high stakes in this world.
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

I agree Kate was just a bit less annoying this week, and I think that has to do with Henry.
                          I truly do wish this cast would get the recognition they deserve. Tonight’s episode was once again, wonderful.
                          Still don’t know how you kill off one of the MAIN characters the first show back of the second season. Even on NCIS they didn’t kill Caitlin 'Kate' off (of course that was her decision) until the end of season 2.

Long Live Stargate

Comment

That was....interesting.

It was an odd blend of storylines, the angst of Helen still searching for Ashley and the slight goofiness of Henry and Kate's search for the Steno-thing. It didn't flow too well for me this first time around, mostly because I was far more interested in Helen's search and didn't care much about the other.

I enjoyed all the Helen and Will and Helen and Druitt interaction, and it was really cool to see Druitt on the warpath but still in control, for the most part. I wonder if they'll show him dispatching Dana, or it'll just be assumed from that teaser.

Kate is growing on me, I like that Henry and Bigfoot called her out on her actions and didn't give her carte blanche to do as she wants. She reminds me a lot of Clara, puts on a tough front but you don't have to dig too far to find vulnerability.

Ashley's memorial was very nicely done, and that cathedral part of Sanctuary looked great. Helen was heartbreaking with her 'but you're my life' when she sees Ashley again. But why was Helen seeing Ashley everywhere? A sort of psychotic break from dealing with her death, or has she somehow become part of the Sanctuary? Though likely, I hope this isn't the last time we see Ashley on the show.

sigpic

Comment

I really hope this isn't the last time we see Ashley too. Hopefully she'll be brought back somehow.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X