This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Stargate Omnipedia 2.0

The new edition of the Stargate Omnipedia is here! Read more about GateWorld's newly relaunched encyclopedia here.

In this thread, we would appreciate any feedback you might have -- comments, questions, suggestions for new additions, etc.

If you see an entry or entry update from Seasons 3, 4 or 5 of Atlantis, or from The Ark of Truth or Continuum, rest assured that we are making our way through all this material and will be adding everything in the weeks to come. No need to point it out to us; we are painfully aware that it's not there.

Thanks, everyone!

GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

I like it. Especially the timeline function.
    http://epsilon.astroempires.com/?ref=E.94116

Comment

In the "CA. 2004-2005" section of the timeline, it says Grogan died on the Ancient Defense Satellite, but it was actually Grodin.
      Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Finally a clear timeline to understand the history of the Ancients. The Omnipedia 2.0 is a lot better than the previous one, fun to read. Good job.

Oh, and is it possible to get bigger image of the logo of three Stargates combined? It's really cool.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
          In the "CA. 2004-2005" section of the timeline, it says Grogan died on the Ancient Defense Satellite, but it was actually Grodin.
          Well Grogan was always prone to death anyway

Fixed!

Originally posted by Egle01
          Finally a clear timeline to understand the history of the Ancients.
          It took some doing to create (and there's still some stuff missing) but it's definitely a start. And it's already helped us out in our work.

Comment

Can you go through and look for typos, grammatical errors, tiny things, or will that come later?
            If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
            Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
            If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
            Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

I'm currently in the middle of a quick pass through to find coding errors, spacing errors, capitalization issues, etc. -- to make everything 100 percent consistent.

We'll have to rely on readers to point out things like spelling errors that might not jump out at me on a quick pass. I'm not able to read every entry in its entirety right now. You can e-mail webmaster -at- gateworld.net if you find spelling errors or any other nitpicky corrections.

Thanks!

Comment

I love it, very good job

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                  I'm currently in the middle of a quick pass through to find coding errors, spacing errors, capitalization issues, etc. -- to make everything 100 percent consistent.

We'll have to rely on readers to point out things like spelling errors that might not jump out at me on a quick pass. I'm not able to read every entry in its entirety right now. You can e-mail webmaster -at- gateworld.net if you find spelling errors or any other nitpicky corrections.

Thanks!
                  Great, thanks!
                  If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                  Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                  If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                  Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

The new Omnipedia is sexy. I wasn't too fond of the small article view of the old Onmipedia because I have to use 800x600 (1024x768 sucks on this monitor) but now I don't have to worry about so that just makes something sexy so much more better.

It's also great to see an official gateworld timeline.

sigpic

Comment

also in nicholas rush's bio everett young is missing an E right now its Evertt Young not Everett.

Comment

Still no dedicated entry for Chair Interface Aptitude? Seems like a pretty big piece connected to the Ancient Gene/Gene Therapy to not be in there.

My apologies if I missed it, but I couldn't find it.
                        sigpic

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/brettsuddreth

Comment

Originally posted by _Ancients_ View Post
                          Still no dedicated entry for Chair Interface Aptitude? Seems like a pretty big piece connected to the Ancient Gene/Gene Therapy to not be in there.

My apologies if I missed it, but I couldn't find it.
                          Not sure what you mean, but the entry for Ancient control chair points out that a person has to have the gene or the therapy to use it and that some are better than others.

eta: Ah, understanding just dawned! I haven't seen EatG. I now know what the C.I.A. is. Apologies for my thickness.
                          Last edited by SeaBee; 13 October 2009, 12:49 AM. Reason: clue bus impact.
                          sigpic

Comment

This term was introduced only in Season Five, so it hasn't been written yet. In the works.

Thanks!

Comment

Loving the new interface, Darren. I wanted to make a quick suggestion, though, and I suppose spoilers might be in place as it regards a certain character reappearing in a certain episode and telefilm.

Spoiler:
                              Shouldn't Apophis have Moebius, Parts I and II (or just one or the other, I can't recall offhand, been a while) listed for Key Episodes? Normally I wouldn't think much of it, but you had his Continuum reapparance as significant enough to bring up, but not Moebius.
                              Last edited by Jeff O'Connor; 13 October 2009, 04:10 PM. Reason: Oh my, I wrapped quote tags around that the first time...
                              If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Working...
                              X