This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Review This Song

So . . . I'm bored as hell and thought I'd see how well this game does. The idea is simple. Since I'm starting it out, I'll just be posting the link to a song (whether it be on youtube or just an audio file) and the next person will review the song, rate it, and then post their own. Try to keep the reviews from being simply "Awesome!" or "That sucked!" I've found it helps to give the song an X/10 rating, as well.

You can post from any genre; any artist. There aren't any restrictions on language, either, just be sure to warn people if there's any profanity.

One definite rule, do NOT insult the poster and/or their taste in music. You can call the song crap all you want, but do not also refer to the poster in the same manner.

I guess I'll get things started with:

"Stricken" - Disturbed
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qPH8G8sI-w

I'm not the Biggest heavy Metal fan but i don't mind these guys.

I don't mind the song, Quite good actually. The spider in the clip freaks me out, cus i hate spiders , very Lyrical i like it! The Guitarist is epic so the drummer!

8/10!

Hysteria - Muse
    Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
    Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

Pretty good, but not something that I would feel the need to download.

7,5/10

How to Save a Life - The Fray
      Last edited by EvilSpaceAlien; 11 October 2009, 04:15 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

I don't really listen to much of The Fray, but this is one of their songs that I've actually downloaded, along with "Over My Head (Cable Car)." Their use of piano is great. And their lyrics are usually extremely compelling.

I give it a 9/10.

Let's go old school, with a twist:

"Careless Whisper" - Seether

Comment

Wow, i actually heard this song in school today and i had completely forgot about it! This song is one of my all time favorites and i love the lyrics, but especiall the guitar.

Lets try something not that well known:

"Just A Man" - The Classic Crime
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmn-z6KO0V4
          sigpic

Comment

Have you ever heard Wham!'s original version? If not, you should check it out and compare them. I personally enjoy them both, but I like Seether's version a lot better. The heaviness of it better fits the mood of the lyrics.

And the heaviness is one of the reasons I like your selection. The lyrics weren't all that original, but they weren't terrible. Guitar and drums were good. Not sure it's something I'd be compelled to download, however. Overall, I give it a 7/10.

"Nothing Else Matters" - Apocalyptica

This is an instrumental song, so don't be alarmed when you don't hear any lyrics.

Comment

i'm not a fan of orginals but i like it. For me i wouldn;t download it.

7/10

7 Nation Army - The White Stripes
              Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
              Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

I've never been a fan of The White Stripes. I really don't know what it is about them, but I could never get into them. And it's not that their music is bad. This song is actually done really well, and I love that repeating riff. Something about them has just always had me keeping them at arm's length. However, for it's musical quality, the song gets 7/10.

"Dublin Waltz" - Monty Are I

Comment

7/10

It Takes a Fool to Remain Sane - The Ark
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X