Mystery The sand monster?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mystery The sand monster?

Do you guys have any idea what the sand monster thing was? The thing that woke the guy up and lead him to the sand they needed..

It also seemed to gobble up water.

Any ideas?

in sg1 there was water that was alive (watergate) SG01 so it's possible
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

An ascended being. It makes sense.

One, why would the ancients build a ship and send out smaller ones, just to forget about it? They only ascended when the plague hit, and that was after they created ZPMs. What if some actually went on the destiny and eventually ascended. Why would TPTB have Rush mention ascension if it barely had anything to do with the Destiny (I might be looking to far into Rush's talk about ascension)?

Even still, t's interesting that the "sand monster" followed them everywhere, as if it knew what they needed. While it's possible that this was just a being that could read minds, it's also interesting that it actually communicated with 2LT Scott, telling him to keep going. And why did it choose to appear as someone the lieutenant knew and trusted? How did it know who to appear as at all? The being knew what they wanted. It was leading Scott to what he needed. It is highly possible that this being was an ascended Alteran, probably one of a group of Alterans who settled in the galaxy and ascended.
      Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
      encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
      3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
      4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
      5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
        An ascended being. It makes sense.

One, why would the ancients build a ship and send out smaller ones, just to forget about it? They only ascended when the plague hit, and that was after they created ZPMs. What if some actually went on the destiny and eventually ascended. Why would TPTB have Rush mention ascension if it barely had anything to do with the Destiny (I might be looking to far into Rush's talk about ascension)?

Even still, t's interesting that the "sand monster" followed them everywhere, as if it knew what they needed. While it's possible that this was just a being that could read minds, it's also interesting that it actually communicated with 2LT Scott, telling him to keep going. And why did it choose to appear as someone the lieutenant knew and trusted? How did it know who to appear as at all? The being knew what they wanted. It was leading Scott to what he needed. It is highly possible that this being was an ascended Alteran, probably one of a group of Alterans who settled in the galaxy and ascended.
        Yes that makes the most sense.

Comment

I agree. It definately seems as though the sand being is an ascended Alteran.

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
            What if some actually went on the destiny and eventually ascended. Why would TPTB have Rush mention ascension if it barely had anything to do with the Destiny (I might be looking to far into Rush's talk about ascension)?
            Yeah I think that's a bit of a leap. He was talking about why the ship had no crew, and guessing make more interesting conversation than "I dunno".

What the hell was the face though?

edit; I'm in Canada and Space is airing the episode right now
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
              Yeah I think that's a bit of a leap. He was talking about why the ship had no crew, and guessing make more interesting conversation than "I dunno".

What the hell was the face though?

edit; I'm in Canada and Space is airing the episode right now
              The face was the priest he was being show by the ascended guy.

Comment

Originally posted by koroush47 View Post
                maybe ascended guy the universe is vast. it could be any type of alien
                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I'm assuming its something like the the watergate "water" or those energy creatures from "Prodigy" and "Defiant One".

My Deviantart|Seeing is Beleivging|Carpe Noctem|Atlantean Wars

Comment

i haven't watched the ep yet -won't until tomorrow or sun even- but could some restraint be put into how one titles the thread, for those of us not wanting spoilers given away. the title of the thread gave one away!
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                      i haven't watched the ep yet -won't until tomorrow or sun even- but could some restraint be put into how one titles the thread, for those of us not wanting spoilers given away. the title of the thread gave one away!
                      Well it is kinda your fault also...

You came into the AIR part 3 forum and you expect not to see spoilers?

hehe.. What else are they going to be talking about? Daisies?

Comment

Yes it was.

Spoiler:
                        But I still saying calling it an ascended is jumping the gun. We don't know what it was.
                        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I was never certain the thing was alive. For all I could tell, it was just a small dust devil. And the episode failed to resolve the ambiguity for me.

Comment

Well it is kinda your fault also...

You came into the AIR part 3 forum and you expect not to see spoilers?

hehe.. What else are they going to be talking about? Daisies?
                            well, i can understand that, but i hit 'new posts'... i'm staying out of the sgu threads until i see the newest ep.

i'm sorry i sounded mad, but i didn't want anything given away.
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                              well, i can understand that, but i hit 'new posts'... i'm staying out of the sgu threads until i see the newest ep.

i'm sorry i sounded mad, but i didn't want anything given away.
                              Oh, well sorry.

But don't worry the sand monster is only important for about 20 seconds.

Comment

Working...
                              X