Ship Damage and weapons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ship Damage and weapons

In the intro scene when the camera sweeps across the ship, you can clearly make out many areas where compartments are open to space, save for the yellow glow of a forcefield. The ship has definitely been damaged. There is one particular spot which is huge. I also saw the existence of space cannons on the Destiny so there are clearly weapons. Anyone care to comment?

"Destiny" is very old ship, launched several millions years ago. Nothing strange in the fact that it was quite damaged and doesn't have drone weapons on board. I'd like to see what kind of weapons did the Ancients had before the invention of drone ones. And, of course, I'd like to see 'em in action
    Homo sum et nihil humani a me alienum puto, sic quod feci quod potui et sic potui, faciant meliora potentes. (c)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vagabond Serpent View Post
      "Destiny" is very old ship, launched several millions years ago. Nothing strange in the fact that it was quite damaged and doesn't have drone weapons on board. I'd like to see what kind of weapons did the Ancients had before the invention of drone ones. And, of course, I'd like to see 'em in action
      it was launched hundreds of thousands of years ago. Not several million....

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VSHARMA View Post
        There's no actual dates saying when it was built/ constructed. So it could be several millions, much more, or less.

Comment

Originally posted by VSHARMA View Post
          No mate, it was definitely millions of years ago. Rush makes a bit of a sweeping statement which has confused those who know better
          Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

The technology alone proves that it was millions of years ago, if it was only hundreds of thousands it would be newer than Atlantis. It has to be at a of five million years old.
            Does it say Colonel anywhere on my uniform?

Comment

I've heard Rush's phrase about ship's age quite good. But there's why I've calculated it's age to be more then several mlns. years:
              1) When Eli, Rush & others are watching the video log, Rush, or somebody else, says that the Ancients have launched it from the Earth.
              2) SGA s1e01-02 "Rising"; First minute - The last of the remainig at the Milky Way Ancients are leaving Earth on the city of Atlantis. There's comment below: "SEVERAL MILLION YEARS AGO"
              3) They couldn't have launched "Destiny" from our planet after that, could they?
              4) Atlantis looks like to be using much more advanced tech than the "Destiny" during it's takeoff.

So, "Destiny" is obviously much older than "SEVERAL MILLIONS YEARS AGO"
              Just simple logic.
              Homo sum et nihil humani a me alienum puto, sic quod feci quod potui et sic potui, faciant meliora potentes. (c)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vagabond Serpent View Post
                I've heard Rush's phrase about ship's age quite good. But there's why I've calculated it's age to be more then several mlns. years:
                1) When Eli, Rush & others are watching the video log, Rush, or somebody else, says that the Ancients have launched it from the Earth.
                2) SGA s1e01-02 "Rising"; First minute - The last of the remainig at the Milky Way Ancients are leaving Earth on the city of Atlantis. There's comment below: "SEVERAL MILLION YEARS AGO"
                3) They couldn't have launched "Destiny" from our planet after that, could they?
                4) Atlantis looks like to be using much more advanced tech than the "Destiny" during it's takeoff.

So, "Destiny" is obviously much older than "SEVERAL MILLIONS YEARS AGO"
                Just simple logic.
                Also, it was said that when destiny was launched, the Ancients were going to gate aboard at some point. To do this obviously requires a 9th chevron, so it is safe to assume that every gate we have seen was built after, or around the same time destiny was launched as they all have 9 chevrons. Carter put the age of the Antarctic gate at ~50 million years, so Destiny must be that old at least. I dunno what Rush was getting at with his 'hundreds of thousands of years ago' comment.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate-builder View Post
                  Also, it was said that when destiny was launched, the Ancients were going to gate aboard at some point. To do this obviously requires a 9th chevron, so it is safe to assume that every gate we have seen was built after, or around the same time destiny was launched as they all have 9 chevrons. Carter put the age of the Antarctic gate at ~50 million years, so Destiny must be that old at least. I dunno what Rush was getting at with his 'hundreds of thousands of years ago' comment.
                  Given the Destiny's apparent decayed status, 50 million years could very well be the case, especially since the voids and supervoids the Destiny has been traveling through are immensely vast.
                  sigpic

Comment

Given the Destiny's apparent decayed status, 50 million years could very well be the case, especially since the voids and supervoids the Destiny has been traveling through are immensely vast.
                    Heh, remember how much galaxies had the log shown? It's clearly more then two or five. I was thinking that "Destiny" is about 6 mlns years old, but considering these two ideas, I should agree with the fact that it's age is more than 50 mlns years.

sigpic

Comment

So it anywhere between 7 and 50 million years old which does not really narrow it does really.

I think we can agree it very very old an in desperate need of some TLC

Comment

50 million years? nope.

50 million years ago the ancients barely got here.

at the height of their civelisation, so probably before the plague, which struck about 5 million years ago

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                          50 million years? nope.

50 million years ago the ancients barely got here.

at the height of their civelisation, so probably before the plague, which struck about 5 million years ago
                          And why then the "Destiny" looks so different from another ancients' ships and seems to be much older in its design???

sigpic

Comment

And why would they have built 9 chevron stargates before the Destiny?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate-builder View Post
                              And why would they have built 9 chevron stargates before the Destiny?
                              Forethought

Like having redundant buttons on machines, than can later be used for additional software/ hardware.

Comment

Working...
                              X