Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did the seeder ship seed the ori galaxy?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why did the seeder ship seed the ori galaxy?

So... the seeder ship put the stargates out in the universe... and the stargates had not been invented by time the lantians leave the ori galaxy... so why did the seeder ship then seed the ori galaxy with stargates?

And why seed the universe with stargates anyway? It's known that many worlds in our galaxy don't have gates so why leave an incomplete network just to start making one in another galaxy? The atlantis galaxy makes sense... the lantian's went there but why "billions of lightyears" of galaxies? If it really did take the ship 100,000 years to get that far wouldn't it take the ship 50,000 years to go visit galaxy #37's interesting planet? You could only visit the planet nearest to wherver you "stoped" seeding or the ship ended up.

Tim

Originally posted by timmciglobal View Post
    So... the seeder ship put the stargates out in the universe... and the stargates had not been invented by time the lantians leave the ori galaxy... so why did the seeder ship then seed the ori galaxy with stargates?

And why seed the universe with stargates anyway? It's known that many worlds in our galaxy don't have gates so why leave an incomplete network just to start making one in another galaxy? The atlantis galaxy makes sense... the lantian's went there but why "billions of lightyears" of galaxies? If it really did take the ship 100,000 years to get that far wouldn't it take the ship 50,000 years to go visit galaxy #37's interesting planet? You could only visit the planet nearest to wherver you "stoped" seeding or the ship ended up.

Tim
    i think the ori were probably responsible for the network of gates in their galaxy. probably developed after the alterans had already left - lots of other ori technology was similar to ancient so why not the gates?? i suppose it could have been the destiny but why send ships of exploration back the way you came?

as for why they did it? probably the same reason we go to the moon or mars, only on a much grander scale - because they could and wanted to satisfy their curiosity.

Comment

Did we ever see stargates in the Ori galaxy (besides the supergate)? I don't think you can assume the seeder ship put stargates in the Ori galaxy even if we did, it's not like ascended beings couldn't make a stargate.
      All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by generalmckay View Post
        i suppose it could have been the destiny but why send ships of exploration back the way you came?
        And why go back to a galaxy where you faced nothing but persecution and the threat of all-out war? It's nonsensical.

Comment

We don't know that the Ori galaxy was seeded.

And even if it were, we know the ships to have been set on automatic. So presumably they just sought out nearest galaxies. Maybe one ended up in the Ori galaxy (it has been millions of years)--further pissing them off.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

They never said when the Stargate was invented. It could have been invented before the Ancient/Ori split.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead View Post
              They never said when the Stargate was invented. It could have been invented before the Ancient/Ori split.
              Ark of Truth showed an Ancient (Alteran) grabbing a notebook with a conceptual drawing of a Stargate on it before their ship departed the Ori galaxy.
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Except The Ark of Truth shows Amelius telling a colleague as they were departing the planet that, "I had the most amazing idea last night."

He developed the idea for the stargate after the Alterans split from the Ori and just as they were beginning their exodus.

Comment

oops? anyone's guess.

Comment

I can't remember for sure.

We know the Priors came through Stargates, and we know they built a supergate...but do we know Stargates existed in the Orio galaxy prior to Daniel and Vala crashing the party?

If not, they could have built them for the sole purpose of coming to kill us!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
                      Did we ever see stargates in the Ori galaxy (besides the supergate)? I don't think you can assume the seeder ship put stargates in the Ori galaxy even if we did, it's not like ascended beings couldn't make a stargate.
                      yes we did see gates in the ori galaxy, daniel and vala travel through one with a prior

Comment

Why would anyone assume that the seeder ship seeded the Ori galaxy? We have no confirmation that there was a network there. And even if such a network existed, the fact that the Ori have access to the knowledge of the universe means that they could do it themselves. I mean, they have rings. Even if they were invented before the gate, it's still the same basic principle. So, I'd say they could easily build gates.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                          Ark of Truth showed an Ancient (Alteran) grabbing a notebook with a conceptual drawing of a Stargate on it before their ship departed the Ori galaxy.
                          well no, we dont know they were leaving th ori galaxy, they had the ark with them in the shot, i think this is odd, y build the ark, it was desighned to end the ori power hod on there followers yet at the time the ori and ancients had not yet ascended

i must concede it probably was the ori galaxy, but there is no little header at the bottom that says, a long, long time ago, in an ori galaxy far, far away lol

Comment

Originally posted by toby1kanobi View Post
                            yes we did see gates in the ori galaxy, daniel and vala travel through one with a prior
                            Which episode? Because to my knowledge, there wasn't any indication of Stargates in the Ori Galaxy.

I wonder how the Priors arrived here if they don't have them, though. Perhaps when our Galaxy became visible to the Ori, they instructed the Doci on how to build a Stargate, and ZPMed some priors here.

Comment

Originally posted by toby1kanobi View Post
                              well no, we dont know they were leaving th ori galaxy, they had the ark with them in the shot, i think this is odd, y build the ark, it was desighned to end the ori power hod on there followers yet at the time the ori and ancients had not yet ascended

i must concede it probably was the ori galaxy, but there is no little header at the bottom that says, a long, long time ago, in an ori galaxy far, far away lol
                              Ummm...We do know that was the Ori home planet. Did you pay attention to the movie?

Comment

Working...
                              X