Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Children Of Earth: What if it were a Doctor Who story?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the Doctor would have lost something, definitely. But it can't ever be something as personal and as much his fault as it ended up - Jack lost his grandson, his daughter, his lover and even more important - a certain faith in humanity, seeing humanity at its darkest hour etc.

This thing can happen to the Doctor. Already did, infact, and I'm sure Gallifreyans at the end weren't noble, sweet people, either. But the thing is we didn't see it on screen. It can still happen to the Doctor and he'd be the Doctor - but the show won't be Doctor Who anymore... that's sort of what I meant.

As for the aliens thpught out or not, I have to admit I think it doesn't matter - the aliens are hte mcguffin. The real story was about people - Torchwood, Frobisher, the government - the aliens were just an excuse, so does it really matter whether they were thought out well or not
    Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
    Yes, I am!
    sigpic
    Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
    Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
    Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

I think last night ws day 4 and in my interpretation the aliens seem nothing more then the galactic "neighbourhood bullies" Like someone said in th episode if they had stood up to them the first time around this would not have happened. They seem like the galactic bullies.

Sure on their first visit they only took 12 kids and give a cure to some flu thing, but how do aliens know aobut an Earth flu unless they had planted it there in the first place in order to secure their prize?

Which makes them little more then thugs and bullies. And bulles most of the time will back down if you stand up to them.

And who is the brains of Torchwood. surely with all their past encouters and stuff they would have realised if you inverted the silly radio signal you could drive the aliens off....

And didn't the Doctor establish that mind control is impossible to the level where one will kill themselves. He made that point with the Sycorax...
      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
        And didn't the Doctor establish that mind control is impossible to the level where one will kill themselves. He made that point with the Sycorax...
        He also warned them that Earth was a defended planet, which it kind of turned out not to be. I think you have to completely disregard anything in Doctor Who for CoE to work.
        Originally posted by Callista
        Ahhh! Ashizuri can see into the future!!
        Originally posted by HPMom
        She saw the candle light as many things.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashizuri View Post
          He also warned them that Earth was a defended planet, which it kind of turned out not to be. I think you have to completely disregard anything in Doctor Who for CoE to work.

True...... But maybe the Sycorax didn't tell anyone else that warning and kept it to themselves. Or maybe Torchwood blew their ship up before they even got a chance to tell anyone else... Or maybe they just did not believe him, but left anyway, after all saying we got defeated by one lone man with a sword would possibly seen as "losing face" in the alien community....

I don't know if anyone else has mentioned it, and I possibly might have but it really bugs me that in thei first encounter they took a small group of kids in exchange for a flu vaccine. Hindsight is wonderful but didn't anyone at the time wonder how the aliens know about and can cure an Earth virus like the flu.......... Unless they planted it sometime ago themselves in order to present their trade and do their whole standover act....

Comment

Originally posted by Ashizuri View Post
            I personally didn't think they aliens were very well thought out. I mean, they can control children through their DNA/blood, can kill humans almost instantly, and have beaming/teleportation capabilities as well as a keen knowledge of Earth's time zones and children's play time and yet they had to ask us for children? It always kind of confused me as to why they didn't just gather a load of kids together and beam them up.
            I got the impression that they could have beamed up the children themselves perfectly easily, but they wanted us to gather up all the children for them, and make us partly responsible, especially in the eyes of the public. It's a fear tactic, and sets a precedent for us to obey their orders when they come back for more children.

Comment

Was their ship hidden by some kind of force field or such?

Comment

True...... But maybe the Sycorax didn't tell anyone else that warning and kept it to themselves. Or maybe Torchwood blew their ship up before they even got a chance to tell anyone else...
                The Sycorax ship was destroyed by Torchwood and the Doctor said something about humans being the worst monsters of all. I was talking about the Doctor defending Earth, which he didn't in CoE.
                Originally posted by Callista
                Ahhh! Ashizuri can see into the future!!
                Originally posted by HPMom
                She saw the candle light as many things.

Comment

If it were a DW story, the Doctor would have detected the signal used to control the kids via TARDIS technology, gone to confront the 456 rep to give it a final chance, and Jack/current companion/random episode co-star would ultimately have to push the button to send the counter-signal [minus child conduit] from the TARDIS to destroy the 456 rep and get the others to leave Earth alone.
                  Remember: the Doctor turns people into weapons.
                  Oh, and all the children of Earth would have started singing something from Lady Gaga.
                  "You know that I want you and you know that I need you! I want it bad! A bad romance!"
                  Last edited by nx01a; 02 February 2010, 02:15 PM.
                  sigpic
                  More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                    If it were a DW story, the Doctor would have detected the signal used to control the kids via TARDIS technology, gone to confront the 456 rep to give it a final chance, and Jack/current companion/random episode co-star would ultimately have to push the button to send the counter-signal [minus child conduit] from the TARDIS to destroy the 456 rep and get the others to leave Earth alone.
                    Remember: the Doctor turns people into weapons.
                    Oh, and all the children of Earth would have started singing something from Lady Gaga.
                    "You know that I want you and you know that I need you! I want it bad! A bad romance!"

OMG..... I so want to see that version of COE..... That's brilliant. Especially the ending with the lady gaga song.

Comment

The Doctor would have dealt with the 456 in a far quicker fashion. He's got the advantage of having over 900-years space/time travel experience and the big plus of his TARDIS to take him to the 456's homeworld. He'd be able to deal with them at the source.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                        The Doctor would have dealt with the 456 in a far quicker fashion. He's got the advantage of having over 900-years space/time travel experience and the big plus of his TARDIS to take him to the 456's homeworld. He'd be able to deal with them at the source.
                        Whilst using the sonic screwdriver to reverse the polarity of the neutron flow

Comment

Whilst using the sonic screwdriver to reverse the polarity of the neutron flow
                          Lol. Yeah, that and a kettle and a piece of sting and a wind-up mouse.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                            Lol. Yeah, that and a kettle and a piece of sting and a wind-up mouse.
                            Wow. The Doctor's a lot like MacGyver...

Comment

Wow. The Doctor's a lot like MacGyver...
                              He is, isn't he...on a much bigger scale though. A universal scale.

Comment

Working...
                              X