Funny Air Part 2 Behind the Scenes Tidbit [SPOILERS]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny Air Part 2 Behind the Scenes Tidbit [SPOILERS]

For those of you folks who don't know me, I've been to the SGU sets a few times while working on the photosynths for stargate.mgm.com. You can see me in the 'how to' video on their site. (http://stargate.mgm.com/view/content/863/index.html)

On the day I was scheduled to do a shoot of the shuttle (which is my favorite synth, wait till you see it!), Brad, Robert and the rest of the crew were having breakfast and got to talking about the MS guy visiting again to do more synths.

[I heard about this second hand, so I might be wrong with the individuals involved!]

[WARNING SPOILER FOR AIR PART 2 AHEAD]

When they heard that I was going to be working on the shuttle, there was an 'oh crap' moment -- because the dead body of Senator Armstrong (they had a dead body stunt double dummy) was still in the shuttle! I had to postpone my shoot, luckily the control room was ready, so that they could clear him out!!

Apparently he'd been in there for a while, so there was the obvious humor situation of a dead body being in the shuttle for a few weeks...

Co-incidentally that was the day that the sun broke out in Vancouver, and the crew spent lunch dancing to some really awful music from Dr Rush's trailer

Laurence
    Author of 'The Legend of the Locust' Sci Fi Series

Worked on SGU (a little)

Thanks for sharing those tidbits
    "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
    Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
    Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
    Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
    Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

So no poking with sticks?

I never been a guy who's very into behind-the-scenes, mainly because of how everything looks without the green screens, lighting, etc. It seems to spoil the immersion.

Comment

I'd usually agree with you -- and having been on or near a couple of sets for movies/tv shows, you're right.

But with SGU, it's different. They've done such a phenomenal job with these sets, that it's super duper easy to get immersed.

I'm wondering if this will translate into more believable performances from the cast.

On evidence so far I'd say that this _is_ the case.

Laurence
        Author of 'The Legend of the Locust' Sci Fi Series

Worked on SGU (a little)

Comment

Well all I can say is, I'm jealous!

It'd be awesome to just see the shoot (obviously better to be in the shoot) but just to see what they go thru!

I love behind the scenes stuff!

Neera: "You do not fear them?"
          : "The Wraith? Naah. Now *clowns* — that's another story."

Comment

Working...
          X