Fan Films

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fan Films

Hey, I was wondering if anybody knew anything about the MGM rules on fan films, iv'e heard of a few fan films that have been shut down because of MGM's copyright rules and infractions? anybody know where i can find info on that? or how to get permission to make a fan film?

Originally posted by AwesomeGate View Post
    Hey, I was wondering if anybody knew anything about the MGM rules on fan films, iv'e heard of a few fan films that have been shut down because of MGM's copyright rules and infractions? anybody know where i can find info on that? or how to get permission to make a fan film?
    I don't think MGM would allow it to be honest, but you might want to try talking to their licensing department.

here's the Email i found for them [email protected]

If you're looking to actually make a movie, i'd love to see what you've got so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Aragon101/Loneranger-1 View Post
      I don't think MGM would allow it to be honest, but you might want to try talking to their licensing department.

here's the Email i found for them [email protected]

If you're looking to actually make a movie, i'd love to see what you've got so far.

Well I haven't really started on a script or anything, just several ideas that i thought would be cool. I just don't want to put a lot of effort, time, and money if its something that I wouldn't be able to show people ya know?

Oh and thanks for the email address

Comment

Originally posted by AwesomeGate View Post
        Well I haven't really started on a script or anything, just several ideas that i thought would be cool. I just don't want to put a lot of effort, time, and money if its something that I wouldn't be able to show people ya know?

Oh and thanks for the email address
        depending on the script and story, most fanfilms cost quite a bit. Especially if you're looking to use actual film instead of digital. You can get free actors in diehard fans, but to get someone professional or at least beyond highschool drama style, you may want to look for people.

if MGM does agree though, how dedicated would you be on this? I've always had a soft spot for film production and even acted for awhile. Any details beyond trying to avoid a Cease and Desist? PM it if you'd like

Comment

Working...
        X