This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Gate Room or the Embarcation Room

I was just watching the SGU pilot when it struck me that this room was designed to house a stargate, and it looks very similar to the SGC's gate room.

Now I know they just re-organised the SGC set and I am fine with that, but the point is...

The SGC wasn't designed to house a stargate, so why does it have a room with two observation decks, and two very large doors that seem to be designed to handle people entering and exiting the gate?

It seems like the gate room was designed to be a gate room. What do you think are some other possibilities that the room could have been used for/designed for?

maybe they just did some decorating and / or a bit of a renivation lol

Comment

as we know from neumerous episodes and specificly 1969 that the SGC used to be a missile launch facility, and as seen in 1969 there was always 1 door in the 'gate room'/missile launch base.

I think the other must have been added in via an already ajoining coridor, and the observation rooms were probably there in some form just with no windows into the missile firing tube (sorry i dont know the actual terms) which i am guessing were put in when the gate was moved there in the ajoining year between the movie and ghildren of the gods
      You want sarcasm… Nice to meet you.

Daniel: Mythology?
      Jack: Rumors, lies, fairytales.

Comment

Well, I guess it must have had the observation decks for... looking at nukes? Because that is what it was used for before it was the SGC. (If you watch 1969, it is made VERY obvious) I guess they were just lucky that it worked so well, although they should have upgraded the blast doors to move faster.
        That is all.
        The Communist Party!
        sigpic

Comment

Yeah we all know about the 1969 episode, but I think that was a pretty lame excuse tptb threw in after the movie seemed to have a room built specifically for the gate. (lets all look at the nuke through the glass....let's have an office next to the nuke)

I guess they pour billions of dollars into the SGC, a couple of windows and an extra blast door isn't going to kill them.

Comment

if i am remembering back to the original movie right, it was stated when daniel jackson just arrived and was getting the tour, they said something like it was a missile silo but it was totally renovated.

so this would assume that from epi 1969, there was one door and the control room windows and observation windows and second door were added after they decomissioned the silo and renovated it for the gate program.

Comment

thanks, I'll check that out.

Comment

Working...
              X