EATG earths big mistake...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EATG earths big mistake...

Why for such an important location like area 51 would they not have shielding for the base ? I mean aside from housing the
    Spoiler:
    control chair
    it also has just about every other piece of advanced tech we have gotten our hands on over the span of the operation.

i mean we have asgard tech including their shields.....
    thoughts
    Better a diamond with a flaw than a peeble without

This is the type of thing that gets left out of things like series finales. Sure Area 51 should of had shields and weapons, but they needed to leave the window open for the city of Atlantis to save the day.

Comment

Yeah, I thought it was funny that even the super-secret base that no one was supposed to know about (Icarus) even had one railgun, yet Area 51 has no (decent) ground to air defenses?

I'm still wanting to know... if they moved the chair to Area 51, why did they not give someone the gene therapy and teach them how to operate the chair??

I understand why they wanted Sheppard to control it as he has the most experience with operating the chair and controlling the drones; however, why would Earth not also have other people at Area 51 who could operate it in case of emergencies such as EATG??

Comment

I was looking for the big bullseye around Area 51......and the Acme anvil to land on the building where the chair was sitting.....
        Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

Personally I'm wondering what the big super secret mission the Odessey was on. Anyway, where else are they going to put it? Antartica's out, by treaty and logistical concerns, and having it in Chyenne mountain is too dangerous in case of a foothold situation.

Comment

Icarus had
            Spoiler:
            atleast 3 or 4 railguns.

EATG is best left buried under the soil and kept there. any attempts to explain, clarify, or answer, are futile.

they should have removed Identity from the episode list, and have made EATG a two parter
            Last edited by Skydiver; 10 October 2009, 03:47 PM.

Comment

And take away an episode for Keller?????????? Shirley you jest (shout out to Airplane)

But wait, how could we as fans not live without seeing a whole episode for Keller(who wasn't really Keller) instead of a well thought out ending to a tv show that was on for five years???
              Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

Originally posted by fumblesmcstupid View Post
                I was looking for the big bullseye around Area 51......and the Acme anvil to land on the building where the chair was sitting.....
                LOL... That was cut for time.
                WraithQueenH

"You are more like Wraith than you know."
                "I'm not sure I like the sound of that."
                "There is much about Wraith that you do not know, Sheppard."
                - John Sheppard and Todd, "Common Ground"

"We all agree the Ancients were pretty screwed up. All the ones I met were arrogant and condescending and not for good reason. Now they made giant mistakes and never fixed them." - John Sheppard

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf View Post
                  Yeah, I thought it was funny that even the super-secret base that no one was supposed to know about (Icarus) even had one railgun, yet Area 51 has no (decent) ground to air defenses?

I'm still wanting to know... if they moved the chair to Area 51, why did they not give someone the gene therapy and teach them how to operate the chair??

I understand why they wanted Sheppard to control it as he has the most experience with operating the chair and controlling the drones; however, why would Earth not also have other people at Area 51 who could operate it in case of emergencies such as EATG
                  ??
                  or atleast called Jack in to sit in the chair...from what we've seen, he could probably use the chair just as good as sheppard...

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                    Icarus had
                    Spoiler:
                    atleast 3 or 4 railguns.

EATG is best left buried under the soil and kept there. any attempts to explain, clarify, or answer, are futile.

they should have removed Identity from the episode list, and have made EATG a two parter
                    No. They should have screwed over First Contact and Lost tribe, and make the Prodigal the two parter. MS could've appeared in another episode.
                    If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                    Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                    If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                    Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

well i also dont understand the point of hiding the area 51... it is just useless... dont worry... someday govt will have to open it..

<snip...we don't allow ads here, and if that's all you want to post, please move on>

Comment

what i dont get is even if the superhive or wraith didnt show up to earth and atlantis was back in the pegasus galaxy and nothing happened over there

so lets say the lucian alliance show up with 30 hataks or something earth defences are still in place to defend the planet, someone else would of gotten into that chair and droned them otherwise they would always need to call sheppard or oniel even though oniel doesnt like getting into that thing
                        sigpic

Comment

I think we should accept it as a big plot hole, because I don't think there's even one valid point that could save EATG.
                          The cake is a lie...

Comment

a great movie would be a good come back or a rescue for EATG. I just had an idea but im gonna post it on the alternative ending

Comment

the big mistake was the entire episode...the amount of stupidity in the episode almost boggles the mind...

Comment

Working...
                              X