No announcement yet.

Fallen Idol (505)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I totally agree, I didn't like the way the boys interacted, and it seemed a bit OOC to me. The only 'excuse' I can think of for Dean's behavior is that in spite of the fact that he called Sam back in he's still struggling with the fact that Sam said 'yes' to Lucifer in the future Zach showed him in the last episode. This could explain a) why he was so domineering and trying to order Sam about (maybe he figures it's his job to watch over Sam's actions so he doesn't go down that road), and b) why he was so bitter on the phone with Bobby. This in turn provoked Sam into making a bigger deal of the whole 'little brother' thing than it actually was. Because I agree again, in spite of their different strengths I've always seen them as pretty equal in their relationship.

These thoughts came to me while reading your posts, I'll have to re-watch the ep to see if they fit with what happens.

sigpic
    Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
      I totally agree, I didn't like the way the boys interacted, and it seemed a bit OOC to me. The only 'excuse' I can think of for Dean's behavior is that in spite of the fact that he called Sam back in he's still struggling with the fact that Sam said 'yes' to Lucifer in the future Zach showed him in the last episode. This could explain a) why he was so domineering and trying to order Sam about (maybe he figures it's his job to watch over Sam's actions so he doesn't go down that road), and b) why he was so bitter on the phone with Bobby. This in turn provoked Sam into making a bigger deal of the whole 'little brother' thing than it actually was. Because I agree again, in spite of their different strengths I've always seen them as pretty equal in their relationship.

These thoughts came to me while reading your posts, I'll have to re-watch the ep to see if they fit with what happens.
      I can see this, I guess. At least it helps ease my frustration a LITTLE bit if I put this spin on it....so I'll take this explanation for now!

Comment

Originally posted by Crichiel View Post
        I can see this, I guess. At least it helps ease my frustration a LITTLE bit if I put this spin on it....so I'll take this explanation for now!
        We're in the same boat, I love Dean too much to see him in a bad light.

BTW, somebody mentioned they were found it strange to see Dean doing research at the laptop. I think the only thing that's new is that he has his own laptop now, which makes sense since he was hunting on his own for a while. But we've seen Dean searching the web, off the top of my head I remember Provenance where he was on the laptop for a whole scene while Sam and the Pocahontas look-alike were talking, and in Wishing Well it was Dean who figured out what the coin was - while Sam caught the invisible naked 'ghost'. LMAO

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
          We're in the same boat, I love Dean too much to see him in a bad light.

BTW, somebody mentioned they were found it strange to see Dean doing research at the laptop. I think the only thing that's new is that he has his own laptop now, which makes sense since he was hunting on his own for a while. But we've seen Dean searching the web, off the top of my head I remember Provenance where he was on the laptop for a whole scene while Sam and the Pocahontas look-alike were talking, and in Wishing Well it was Dean who figured out what the coin was - while Sam caught the invisible naked 'ghost'. LMAO
          Yep, I noticed that he has his OWN laptop now , which makes sense. And besides the ones you mentioned, he also did the computer search in Death Takes a Holiday He knows what he's doing in the research department, he just can't crack passwords and such like Computer-Wiz Sam.

Comment

Originally posted by Crichiel View Post
            Yep, I noticed that he has his OWN laptop now , which makes sense. And besides the ones you mentioned, he also did the computer search in Death Takes a Holiday He knows what he's doing in the research department, he just can't crack passwords and such like Computer-Wiz Sam.
            I like it how the writers leave these little hints that show that Dean is more intelligent than he lets on. When he knew the two Vonnegut books in The Monster at the End of this Book for example, or when he mentioned that he had a GED in Sympathy for the Devil?

sigpic

Comment

Perhaps I never saw Dean's behaviour in the ep as OOC as I thought his behaviour was the continuation of his gradual character change for the worse (there were lots of scenes of him despairing about Sam in Season 4) which would eventually lead to the hardened future Dean. Now that they're back together (hopefully forgiving each other) that should not now happen.
              sigpic

Comment

Interesting, I just re-watched Hollywood Babylon last night and in it, when Dean digs down and hits the coffin of the old Hollywood starlet, you hear SAM say "Yahtzee". I had to rewind to be sure, but yep, it was Sam. So I guess Fallen Idol wasn't the first time Sam said it. But in Hollywood Babylon, it still sounded just as 'off'. Even with this precedent, I will always think of this as a Dean-line.

Comment

Working...
                X