Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

C'mon - only ONE railgun? That's sad, Earthlings.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Shiva View Post
      I LOVED Universe, thought the season premiere rocked it on all fronts. My only gripe was the SINGLE railgun that was set up for defense at the base on the alien planet. All those birds, soldiers, etc. and ONE gun? No wonder they got stomped.

Ok, so three Goa'uld motherships (unfortunately no longer controlled by the cool Goa'uld but rather the stupid Alliance) with a ton of fighters is no walk in the park, but the human defenses were craptastic.
      Ok I'm gonna have to agree with you on the level of patheticness here...If this is an important outpost or the like you'd have expected something more than a single rail gun.

Neera: "You do not fear them?"
      : "The Wraith? Naah. Now *clowns* — that's another story."

Comment

Except there was obviously more than one. Did you even look at the screenshot posted above.? Wow.
        I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Actually rail-guns produce plasma when fired (ionized gas) so there would be a flash.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PacoJr67 View Post
            well if it were an actual rail gun, you wouldn't see anything...
            no recoil, no flash, no visible bullet path. It just makes for bad TV, so they jazz it up a bit.

if the projectiles were larger that could account for the rate of fire being slower
            A powerful rail gun effectively ignites the atmosphere behind the projectile due to the friction, so you would indeed see a trail.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenomenological View Post
              A powerful rail gun effectively ignites the atmosphere behind the projectile due to the friction, so you would indeed see a trail.

This is space. No atmosphere to ignite.

Comment

Originally posted by Freyr View Post
                This is space. No atmosphere to ignite.
                Except the rail guns in this episode were on a planet with an atmosphere.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
                  Except the rail guns in this episode were on a planet with an atmosphere.
                  Oh. Duh. For some reason I was thinking about the Hammond's guns.

Comment

Working...
                  X