Sgt. Hunter Riley Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sgt. Hunter Riley Discussion/Appreciation

Do you think Sgt. Riley will be the new gate tech guy for SGU, i.e. Walter/Chuck?
    I reckon this Riley guy is a pretty likable guy, and i could used to him. What do you guy think of his character?
    sigpic

I immediately tagged him as a keeper when watching the premiere and I agree with you.

His skill with sarcasm was great when at the stuck door with James & Scott: "What happened to being smart? Do we? Do we really?"

TPTB could probably have saved a bunch of money and made him Dr. Rush.
    sigpic My Twit-name (@fwupow) is the same!

Comment

I'm hoping they keep him. Every SG series needs a gate technician who's the butt of everyone's jokes.
      These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

Comment

I think he might get more depth than his counterparts.

Comment

I actually am a little worried about that guy's survival. Without knowing any spoilers (which obviously would possibly answer this conclusively) I'd peg him possibly a potential red shirt with what limited information we have.
          "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

He was brilliant. Besides the aforementioned sarcasm at the stuck door, he also said "you've gotta be kidding me" when they said all they had were powerbars, as if he just found out his office vending machine is in need of restocking.

Definitely a keeper.

EDIT: Just realized whom he reminded me of: O'Neill! Yes, his dry wit and calmness in such a stressful situation is exactly like Jack!

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
              He was brilliant. Besides the aforementioned sarcasm at the stuck door, he also said "you've gotta be kidding me" when they said all they had were powerbars, as if he just found out his office vending machine is in need of restocking.

Definitely a keeper.

EDIT: Just realized whom he reminded me of: O'Neill! Yes, his dry wit and calmness in such a stressful situation is exactly like Jack!
              Spoiler about Riley

Spoiler:
              He's credited in the season finale, so its a fair assumption to say that he sticks around. Also, Joe said as much about the actor's flair for deadpan sarcasm. I'm fairly sure they'll keep him for the humour element of Universe.
              These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

Comment

Originally posted by TraK View Post
                Do you think Sgt. Riley will be the new gate tech guy for SGU, i.e. Walter/Chuck?
                I reckon this Riley guy is a pretty likable guy, and i could used to him. What do you guy think of his character?
                Riley caught my attention immediately. He reminded me of Chuck and Maj. Marks but with cool backtalk. He's definitely a good find!
                sigpic

Comment

Agreed, yes, hopefully he becomes the new walter, just with better luck lol.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                    [...] EDIT: Just realized whom he reminded me of: O'Neill! Yes, his dry wit and calmness in such a stressful situation is exactly like Jack!
                    Only with a little less testosterone.

Comment

He's great! He's like Walter, if he had cojones. I do hope he doesn't go the way of Grodin...

Comment

I'm actually hoping he would be the new Sylar
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by renboy View Post
                          I'm actually hoping he would be the new Sylar
                          You mean you want him to start cutting people's heads off and whatnot?

Comment

Originally posted by TraK View Post
                            He seems so..."Oh if I have too".

Neera: "You do not fear them?"
                            : "The Wraith? Naah. Now *clowns* — that's another story."

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
                              You mean you want him to start cutting people's heads off and whatnot?
                              Ewww.. not the one that single handedly made me stop watching Heroes...
                              I'm guessing the SG one is called Syler?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X