No announcement yet.

Tumbling Through the Gate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't make any sense. We saw people walking, albeit a bit quickly, through the gate. No one was running. This was not a stampede in a burning nightclub nor a rush for stadium seating.

I think it was done purely for a dramatic entrance. If they use the gate again and come through being flung, then well, there's a software error somewhere, but otherwise, drama, angst, let's have people getting banged up and wailing and sorta panicked.

The thing is that we as fans should not have to ask the writers 'what gives?' although I think I'll just toodle on over to Mallozzi's blog and ask just that...

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
      Didn't make any sense. We saw people walking, albeit a bit quickly, through the gate. No one was running. This was not a stampede in a burning nightclub nor a rush for stadium seating.

I think it was done purely for a dramatic entrance. If they use the gate again and come through being flung, then well, there's a software error somewhere, but otherwise, drama, angst, let's have people getting banged up and wailing and sorta panicked.

The thing is that we as fans should not have to ask the writers 'what gives?' although I think I'll just toodle on over to Mallozzi's blog and ask just that...
      again, just watch SG1 season 1 where carter has to compensate for interstellar drift to make the ride less bumpy. they later find out the other gates auto-dial yo update thier software somewhere in season 7ish I believe.

Comment

Whatever the real reason- I'm glad someone surived. If they hadn't that would have been a really short show. I still don't know how some of those people managed to survive the bumpy exit.

Comment

I think the reason has to do with the 21 light year distance from Earth. Eli figured out that it was a code and that the point of origin has to be earth. Well if you use earths point of origin on another planet then that error will throw of any autocorrecting features of the gate. We know that gates with their own DHDs automatically update the gates position compensating for stellar drift.

Comment

unstable power source. like in the fifth race and solitudes

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian_Jackson View Post
              Why was everyone falling through? Is it because the ramp-gate elevation at Icarus Base was different than the floor-gate elevation on the Destiny?
              watch the sg1 ep red sky. the wormhole was super long and to send people a billion light years from the milky way to destiny so quickly i'm sure speed had something to do wth it
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

and how many people actually went through to destiny - do we have a count or something...? it looked something like 50 people on the episode but....?
                ....Its what I do!

Comment

Originally posted by timebandit View Post
                  and how many people actually went through to destiny - do we have a count or something...? it looked something like 50 people on the episode but....?
                  88 are aboard the destiny as of this ep.
                  https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                  X