What did you guys think of "The Scene"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What did you guys think of "The Scene"

Well, that was the first romance scene we've seen in a while in stargate. Personally, I think it was next to unnessecary and overly graphic and the grunting was, well over the top. They didn't actually have to be doing it, it would be the same effect if they were kissing, and then we wouldn't have to put up with the moaning and grunting. So what did you guys think of it.
    sigpic

It didn't bother me at all, considering how it was shot and the length of the actual clip itself. Not much else I can really say about it, to be honest. I like the character of Scott.
    Sig by Pandora's Box
    sigpic

Comment

It's a scene I can live with. Not impressed, not bothered.
      sigpic

Comment

I'm not bothered by it.
        sigpic

Comment

Not too fussed, I would even say it's realistic so long as it doesn't become a case of 'sex scene of the week'.
          ~*+*~nEvEr ArGuE WiTh aN iDiOt - ThEy WiLL jUsT dRaG yOu DoWn To ThEiR LeVeL aNd BeAt YoU WiTh ExPeRiEnCe~*+*~

Comment

Originally posted by Azriel View Post
            Not too fussed, I would even say it's realistic so long as it doesn't become a case of 'sex scene of the week'.
            I agree, though I doubt very highly that SGU would ever become such a thing. To be honest, though, I actually felt the scene was not unnecessary. It added something to his character which was hinted at in his later scene with James, as well as through subtleties throughout the episode.

I'm interested to see where Scott's character goes from here
            Sig by Pandora's Box
            sigpic

Comment

didn't bother me at all really, the over reaction is like how people made out sheppard was some kind of slut, but over 5 years i mean there weren't really that many women

Comment

It's something everyone does. Seriously, why is everyone so uptight about a sex scene? And not even a graphic one at that. Their shirts weren't even off!

And don't even get me started about the "family-ness" of it.

Really? You would let your children see a man get the life sucked out of him by a wraith... but god forbid if they see how they were pro-created.
                These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

Comment

Did bother me, one bit. I wouldnt call it overly graphic, i've seen alot worse on TV over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
                    I agree, though I doubt very highly that SGU would ever become such a thing. To be honest, though, I actually felt the scene was not unnecessary. It added something to his character which was hinted at in his later scene with James, as well as through subtleties throughout the episode.

I'm interested to see where Scott's character goes from here
                    Yep, it adds to the concept of the characters being human, flawed and not the pretty stereotypical heroes. Don't get me wrong, I loved the characters of SG-1 and Atlantis, this however is a nice refreshing change. While I think stories can often be executed without a sex scene, I do agree that this one was kinda needed to develop Scott's character more.

Originally posted by dosed150 View Post
                    didn't bother me at all really, the over reaction is like how people made out sheppard was some kind of slut, but over 5 years i mean there weren't really that many women
                    Lol, I was actually listening to the audio commentary on the S4 boxset the other day, and I can't remember who but one of the producers commented on how he found it amusing how people seemed fine with the whole Sheppard/ Kirk thing but were really annoyed when it was revealed that Keller was interested in Ronan AND McKay xD
                    ~*+*~nEvEr ArGuE WiTh aN iDiOt - ThEy WiLL jUsT dRaG yOu DoWn To ThEiR LeVeL aNd BeAt YoU WiTh ExPeRiEnCe~*+*~

Comment

Originally posted by Detox View Post
                      It's something everyone does. Seriously, why is everyone so uptight about a sex scene? And not even a graphic one at that. Their shirts weren't even off!

Really? You would let your children see a man get the life sucked out of him by a wraith... but god forbid if they see how they were pro-created.
                      And there was much worse than that in SGA. I'm thinking of one quite gory-looking scene in particular that involved Teyla.

I don't get it either, but far be it for me to question other people's reasoning behind it. There is very little that would ever offend me, and sex is certainly not one of them.
                      Sig by Pandora's Box
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Azriel View Post
                        Yep, it adds to the concept of the characters being human, flawed and not the pretty stereotypical heroes. Don't get me wrong, I loved the characters of SG-1 and Atlantis, this however is a nice refreshing change. While I think stories can often be executed without a sex scene, I do agree that this one was kinda needed to develop Scott's character more.

Lol, I was actually listening to the audio commentary on the S4 boxset the other day, and I can't remember who but one of the producers commented on how he found it amusing how people seemed fine with the whole Sheppard/ Kirk thing but were really annoyed when it was revealed that Keller was interested in Ronan AND McKay xD
                        thats got to be the most common double standard the whole if a woman acts a certain way shes a slut but if a man does its no problem

actually cant remember her name at all but the woman with scott later i thought i heard her call scott Lieutenant but using the british pronounciation, or do canadians say it properly as well i mean they get z right

Comment

Originally posted by dosed150 View Post
                          actually cant remember her name at all but the woman with scott later i thought i heard her call scott Lieutenant but using the british pronounciation, or do canadians say it properly as well i mean they get z right
                          Vanessa James is her name. If I'm thinking of who you're thinking of, lol.
                          Sig by Pandora's Box
                          sigpic

Comment

She's not British. I think it's only British people who say it like Lef-tenant. I heard it pronounced the American way, if it was Lef it was very subtle.

Comment

Originally posted by Detox View Post

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
                              And there was much worse than that in SGA. I'm thinking of one quite gory-looking scene in particular that involved Teyla.

I don't get it either, but far be it for me to question other people's reasoning behind it. There is very little that would ever offend me, and sex is certainly not one of them.
                              I've never understood the "its family freindly" either. Every time someones say that i look at my boxsets and see a 12 or 15 rating (18 in season one, but we all know why). To me if it was family freindly it would at least be have a PG rating, with maybe one or 12's. I saw a post by Sky in another thread, talking about how the Dr Who franshie has 3 different shows aimed at 3 different markets (kids, family & adult). So why cant there be a Stargate thats not in the same market as before.

Comment

Working...
                              X