Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Watching the pilot a second time got even better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watching the pilot a second time got even better?

This is weird, I don't think it ever happened to me - but when I watched the pilot for the second time, everything actually looked and felt better...

* While I liked the opening of the pilot (everything up to the first flashback) the first time I saw it, I noticed more interesting things the second time around - like Rush smiling deviously while looking at everybody from upstairs, and the entire flow of the arrival sequence which was awesome.

* The first half of the pilot was a bit confusing at first, switching between two 'timelines' - but the second time felt much better and I could concentrate on the content itself without trying to figure out what I'm exactly I'm currently watching.

* Being already acquainted with the cast somewhat, it was easier to notice the subtleties of the performance of the characters - fear, hate, sadness, surprise - some of the cast really performed admirably.

Going to watch it again (third time..) tonight with some friends, I wonder if it will feel different...

Overall, I think that while the pilot was a bit slower then I initially thought, it was excellent - and opened so much possibilities and potential for the show, that I really can't wait to watch more of...
    sigpic

I will be giving it a second viewing over the coming days.

Comment

I find episodes tend to be better on rewatchs. On the first airing you get overborad with the senses. A rewatch allows for more viewing of the subtle things
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

I literally fell asleep the first time because it was so boring. I didn't even make it through the full two hours. And you want me to try and watch it a second time? Eh ... probably not going to happen. Can I watch reruns of SPN instead?
        Wow, thanks for ruining my day and canceling SGA, Sci-Fi. Not even McKay can make me feel better now

Comment

and i just cant believe that

Comment

yeah it was a bit overwhelming at first but after the third time i got it pretty good lol

Comment

Just finished watching it for the first time via hulu. I'm going to watch it again later when my girlfriend gets home from work. This is my first post on Gateworld since the premiere, and I've been here off and on since SGA premiered, so it's very... reminiscent of that night.

I'm not going to get into much detail right now, but I chose your thread to reply to since I can't wait to watch it again. Suffice to say, it was very good. The first half, honestly, I thought it was a bit hit-or-miss (but way more hits than misses, mind) but by the second hour, I was hooked.

I can't wait to follow this series for years. Please, please, please let the ratings have been solid.
              If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Originally posted by madd4the24 View Post
                I literally fell asleep the first time because it was so boring. I didn't even make it through the full two hours. And you want me to try and watch it a second time? Eh ... probably not going to happen. Can I watch reruns of SPN instead?
                No one wants you to watch it again. Maybe if you actually watched the whole thing people would care a little more about your opinion though, just a tip

Comment

Barely could make it through the first run through....

KEEP IT CLEAN
                  Alternate BAMSR:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNCunG0llLk
                  Halo Alpha Centauri trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb5po1zQE1k

Comment

hated the first run through, gave it a second chance this morning and it still stunk (IMHO of course) so for me .... repetition did not improve the poor quality of the show.

Comment

I tried to watch it a second time as well in the hope that it might grow on me. Unfortunately I found it even more tedious than the first time. At least then I didn't know what was going to happen. The second time, I didn't even have that anticipation to sustain my interest.

Comment

I've watched it three times now, and each time I'm finding I like it more and more. Now that I can just sit back and enjoy the ride, it really is a fun pilot, and I'm catching a few of the subtler jokes I didn't get the first time.
                        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                          I've watched it three times now, and each time I'm finding I like it more and more. Now that I can just sit back and enjoy the ride, it really is a fun pilot, and I'm catching a few of the subtler jokes I didn't get the first time.
                          This is exactly how I feel. One of the funnier moments that I missed the first time:

Senator Armstrong: "I'd like to propose a toast."
                          Eli: "Oh, that's really not necessary."
                          Senator Armstrong: "Not to you."
                          Eli: "Oh...."

The way he sounds all dejected made me lol
                          Sig by Pandora's Box
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
                            This is exactly how I feel. One of the funnier moments that I missed the first time:

I love the part after that when she drowns the liqour. Cracks me up each time.
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post

I personally didn't hear what Eli said about whiteboards the first time around, but when he gets this wide-eyed look and goes "...seriously, you have computers everywhere!" I just burst out laughing. It was so nerdy yet perfectly reasonable to say.
                              Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                              Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Working...
                              X