What would McKay do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would McKay do?

The entire time Rush was working on the ship, I was just thinking that Rodney McKay would of had the problem fixed in no time flat. I keep hearing his voice in my head, "We are screwed, and I mean totally screwed. Look, when those CO2 levels rise, it is going to be bad. Suffocation is not a pretty death, let me tell you."

and that is why SGA sucked in that respect. Mckay alias fixitall. Rush is believable, and believably put that he has so much to do that it's not even funny. Eli asked wheter he cared about the death of Armstrong or not, and rush was like, "i am buisy doing 5 things at a time, i do not need more."

mckay was fun when he was a nerd, who sucked at love and social interaction and who could, with the occasional screwup, fix some stuff. in the end, he got a girl, and lost what made him mckay.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
      and that is why SGA sucked in that respect. Mckay alias fixitall. Rush is believable, and believably put that he has so much to do that it's not even funny. Eli asked wheter he cared about the death of Armstrong or not, and rush was like, "i am buisy doing 5 things at a time, i do not need more."

mckay was fun when he was a nerd, who sucked at love and social interaction and who could, with the occasional screwup, fix some stuff. in the end, he got a girl, and lost what made him mckay.
      Because Sam never did that in SG-1?

I have a big reveal for you guys, they aren't going to all die from the first problem they encounter and they probably won't figure it out in the first 5 minutes.

Comment

McKay would have a hilarious panic attack, then figure out how to get everyone back to Earth by the end of the ep.

Comment

McKay wasn't that bad. Daniel Jackson was much more of a Mary Sue. They kept McKay's lack of social skills and fighting ability pretty consistent with only minor and believable improvements. Daniel Jackson became good at practically everything. For some reason, he gained the marksmanship and fighting ability of a well trained soldier by the middle of the first season and he completely lost his nerdy personality.

Comment

If SG-1 and SGA teams would have been on board, this is what would have happened:

* Teal'c would simply pick a rock and throw it on the shuttle door button with one precise swing, fixing that problem.

* Sam and Mckay would not only fix the life support system, but would manage to turn the ship around, set it's course back to earth, learn how the FTL drive works, and make the Kino's be able to prepare coffee for the rest of the team.

* Teyla would choose a random person from the people to father her next child.

* Daniel would learn from the ancient database on the ship about a mythical planet where the ancients kept a device that could destroy all evil in the universe.

* O'neill would use the LRC and control Dr. Lee on earth to order Pizza.

* Jennifer and clone Carson would manage to completely heal all the injured people on board, and also cure the senator's terminal illness.

* Sheppard would play golf with the Kino's while shouting on McKay that he needs to complete the fixes to the ship faster.

* Ronon would punch Rush in the face, quieting him for the rest of the trip home.

And everybody would get back to earth just in time for the Pizzas
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by renboy View Post
              If SG-1 and SGA teams would have been on board, this is what would have happened:

* Teal'c would simply pick a rock and throw it on the shuttle door button with one precise swing, fixing that problem.

* Sam and Mckay would not only fix the life support system, but would manage to turn the ship around, set it's course back to earth, learn how the FTL drive works, and make the Kino's be able to prepare coffee for the rest of the team.

* Daniel would learn from the ancient database on the ship about a mythical planet where the ancients kept a device that could destroy all evil in the universe.

* Jennifer and clone Carson would manage to completely heal all the injured people on board, and also cure the senator's terminal illness.

* Sheppard would play golf with the Kino's while shouting on McKay that he needs to complete the fixes to the ship faster.

* Ronon would punch Rush in the face, quieting him for the rest of the trip home.

* Elizabeth Weir would return when her conciousness is transferred into a Kino, record all sorts of debauchery, and then die again that episode with the possibility of returning.

Comment

Originally posted by renboy View Post

That's about how I had it figured.

But yeah, now that I think of it, I miss Sheppard's "But you KNOW how to fix it, right?" followed by McKay's whiney voice- "No.. We are so totally screwed!"

I didn't really start missing SGA until this premiere. Not that I didn't miss it before, but now it's more so.
                Last edited by AVFan; 03 October 2009, 09:08 AM.

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

He'd whine like the child he is, and then with just a little luck, he'd be nominated for the one-way mission and we'd never have to suffer his crap again.
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Mckay would just *****.

On and on.

As far as i can recall they need a special element that helps scrub the CO2.... But they don't have it. So I doubt Mckay would actually do anything.

Comment

Mckay would just *****.

On and on.

As far as i can recall they need a special element that helps scrub the CO2.... But they don't have it. So I doubt Mckay would actually do anything.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                        He'd whine like the child he is, and then with just a little luck, he'd be nominated for the one-way mission and we'd never have to suffer his crap again.
                        hear! hear! I must agree.. the one thing I liked about SGU.......No one whining like Mckay!!!! (yet!)

Comment

McKay would of yelled at Eli! and then took the credit for the work solving the equation on the MMO.

Currently Watching: SGU Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice

Rewatch: BSG, SGA, SG:1 Farscape, X files

Comment

Originally posted by Ashman View Post
                            McKay would of yelled at Eli! and then took the credit for the work solving the equation on the MMO.
                            actually McKay would've solved the equation in a matter of hours not months and in the same way would've pulled off another of his tricks to get everyone back home by the end of part2 (not part1, this one would have been spent whining) however he's busy on Atlantis and so much the better because otherwise this wouldn't be much of an adventure for the SGU folks would it :|

Comment

If McKay was on the ship, he would read over the schematics of the ship, shut down decks not being used, divert all aux power to existing life support where it is needed, turn off the FTL drive, accessed the navigation systems and turn the ship around.

Be able to make a make-shift CO2 scrubbers, scan throughout the ship to see if there any control chair so it can future assist him on his search for say ZPMs etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X