This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dr Nicholas Rush: His agenda and him, Discussion specific to S1

I was thinking about the previous brains on SG1 and Atlantis. Rush's character is going to be the expert scientist on Universe, so it made me wonder how smart they are going to portray him to be.

Carter led the technology driven parts of SG, except on the rare occasions when she had an Ancient or McKay come into help her out at SGC.

McKay was the self proclaimed smartest man in the universe. But even he had help from Zelenka on occasion.

Dr. Rush however, will have no such luxury of having someone come in to help him out. Now he may have an assistant that he can do that with, but no one close to being as smart as him.

So are we thinking that he is going to be a mix between McKay and Carter? His character is supposed to be an expert on the 9th chevron, so he obviously has some knowledge of Ancient technology like McKay, but he is a civilian, so it is doubtful that he has the aerospace aptitude that Carter has. But I guess it is possible since McKay knew quite a bit about that subject and he was a civilian.

Anyways, just curious to see what your thoughts are on Dr. Rush's intelligence.
    sigpic

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/brettsuddreth

Originally posted by _Ancients_ View Post
    I was thinking about the previous brains on SG1 and Atlantis. Rush's character is going to be the expert scientist on Universe, so it made me wonder how smart they are going to portray him to be.

Carter led the technology driven parts of SG, except on the rare occasions when she had an Ancient or McKay come into help her out at SGC.

McKay was the self proclaimed smartest man in the universe. But even he had help from Zelenka on occasion.

Dr. Rush however, will have no such luxury of having someone come in to help him out. Now he may have an assistant that he can do that with, but no one close to being as smart as him.

So are we thinking that he is going to be a mix between McKay and Carter? His character is supposed to be an expert on the 9th chevron, so he obviously has some knowledge of Ancient technology like McKay, but he is a civilian, so it is doubtful that he has the aerospace aptitude that Carter has.

Anyways, just curious to see what your thoughts are on Dr. Rush's intelligence.
    smart enough to manipulate a bunch of 20 year olds.
    BSG (Drama/Soap Opera)

Soap Opera: The main characteristics that define soap operas are "an emphasis on family life, personal relationships, sexual dramas, emotional and moral conflicts; some coverage of topical issues; set in familiar domestic interiors with only occasional excursions into new locations

Drama: A drama film is a film genre that depends mostly on in-depth development of realistic characters dealing with emotional themes

SG1/SGA are not Drama/Soap although some elements are touched on to add depth to these action/adventure series. If you want to see a show focused on Soap/Drama go watch BSG or Days of our Lives.

Comment

Personally, I hope he does have an assistant, so they can say ''not so fast, Dr Rush!!''.

Get it? Cos his name is like fast!

Comment

Im guessing by end of first season SGC gets ahold of them and sends backup and a better contingent.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey View Post
          Personally, I hope he does have an assistant, so they can say ''not so fast, Dr Rush!!''.

Get it? Cos his name is like fast!
          Oh, I got it! That was a good one...
          sigpic

Comment

Do we know what he's a doctor of? Cause Daniel for instance was definitely a genius since he speaks 23 languages, but he wasn't like a Carter/Mckay brainiac type that always solved the science problems. Rush could be smart in in different way like that. And isn't the Eli Hitchcock character supposed to be the science guy?

Perfecto!

Comment

I think he is going to be a mix between Weir, Daniel Jackson, McKay and Carter. Meaning, he is going to be smart in science, but remember...he is at a top secret base. He is a "doctor". Which can mean he is a scientist or an archaeologist, like Daniel. But since we have a science wiz, Eli Hitcock (right?) and we really don't know what other people will be here (not even Zelanka was on the character list, right?)...I really don't think Dr. David Rush will be a Carter or a McKay.

My biggest reason is, Carter is not that great of a leader. Sure, Season 4 she lead Atlantis and now she is going to be a Captain of a ship -- but she clearly wasn't comfy running things at Atlantis. McKay? Not that great of a leader, either. Smart, but his personality doesn't lend himself to be a leader. But both Weir and Jackson are smart and capable leaders. So yea. Thats what I think!

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
                Do we know what he's a doctor of? Cause Daniel for instance was definitely a genius since he speaks 23 languages, but he wasn't like a Carter/Mckay brainiac type that always solved the science problems. Rush could be smart in in different way like that. And isn't the Eli Hitchcock character supposed to be the science guy?
                Yeah, I didn't mean to discount Daniels contribution to the team. He was an expert on the Ancients too, but not necessarily from a tech standpoint like McKay/Carter. I think you are right about Hitchcock being a science guy character too.
                sigpic

Comment

He will equal, if not top the combined brains of Hawking, Edison, Einstein and Rutherford!

Comment

Originally posted by RepliVeggie View Post
                    Im guessing by end of first season SGC gets ahold of them and sends backup and a better contingent.

One problem with that theory. Isn't the premise of the show, that they will not have any contact with Earth. If they were able to get supplies and new personal from Earth, wouldn't they beable to get home!!!
                    MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                    MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                    POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                    CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
                    GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
                    VCON VANCOUVER 2010
                    FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Bytor View Post
                      smart enough to manipulate a bunch of 20 year olds.
                      depending on the 20 year old, that not hard

Comment

Originally posted by AnnieS View Post
                        One problem with that theory. Isn't the premise of the show, that they will not have any contact with Earth. If they were able to get supplies and new personal from Earth, wouldn't they beable to get home!!!
                        We know that the Destiny is on "permanent autopilot", but what we don't know at this point is if will have the ability to make contact with Earth.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
                          I was just thinking the same thing... do we know he is a doctor of physics? Weir had doctorate degrees in political science whereas Jackson had doctorate degrees in linguistics and anthropology.

He may not be the smart "scientist" of the team that Carter and McKay filled. For all we know, or perhaps all I know, he could have a doctorate degree in business administration or accounting.

Ace
                          "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

Originally posted by _Ancients_ View Post
                            We know that the Destiny is on "permanent autopilot", but what we don't know at this point is if will have the ability to make contact with Earth.
                            From what I have read. It will take some creative doing, but at some point they will have contact. But the ablity of returning to Earth, not happening. At least as far as we know!!!
                            MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                            MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                            POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                            CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
                            GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
                            VCON VANCOUVER 2010
                            FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

Originally posted by AnnieS View Post
                              From what I have read. It will take some creative doing, but at some point they will have contact. But the ablity of returning to Earth, not happening. At least as far as we know!!!
                              Well we know it may have a Stargate on it right? I mean I guess it could have deposited all of it's gates. But you figure the Ancients would have left a permanent one on there. That could explain how they are able to communicate back with Earth.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X