Kino

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kino

So what did you all think of the Kino? I was fairly impressed. It makes a lot more sense than the giant clunky things we have always used, but honestly I wasn't expecting something quite that clever. I also like the camera angles they are able to get by using them.
    sigpic

I thought it was pretty cool. For some reason, I was kinda expecting an argument over the naming of the thing.

I really like that as a new MALP. Not bulky, and probably not as likely to get shot down.

Comment

Now how long till they learn about the hidden blaster compartment in them =P ( Star Wars IV Refrence)
      This isn't Atlantis?
      I don't think so.
      If this is not the Lost City…then where is it?

SGU= Awesome Eli is so me =P

Comment

Really cool technology. I wonder what makes them tick.
        Jack O'Neill: If we want to find out who's behind this, we have to do what the Asgard do.
        Daniel: You mean bluff?
        Jack O'Neill: Yep. We just need to do it without revealing what we know.
        Daniel: Which is nothing.
        Jack O'Neill: Right. But they don't know we know nothing.

Comment

I thought it was cute.

Comment

What did Eli called it later in front of Rush, flying camera ball?

*It's not a gumball machine*
            Last edited by Terra Atlantus; 03 October 2009, 07:33 AM. Reason: gumball, not bubblegum

Comment

The Kino was great - reminded me of a Toclafane sphere from Doctor Who! Now we just have to wait and see if it records anything suspicious about Rush.

Pi to 16 decimal places: 3.1415926535897932

Comment

I was just wondering why kino wasn't used in Atlantis?

Comment

Atlantis had puddle jumpers. It probably had sensors, which should have been able to scan whatever's on the other side of a gate.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr chuckles View Post
                    I was just wondering why kino wasn't used in Atlantis?
                    Because Kino's were patented by an ancient Ancient and in Ancient law, patents never expire, thus they were not able to replicate any more for Atlantis without violating several copyright laws.

Comment

Spoiler:

I'm just wondering why they didn't use a kino to close the shuttle's door.

Comment

Originally posted by Solokiller View Post
                        Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                        That could have been an option, however, Senator Armstrong was a dillusion due to the extreme pain he was feeling, so he acted before the group could think of something like that. (Someone else mentioned the same think. I think it was Pandora.

Anyways, I loved the Kino scenes. Especially its introduction. The music that went along with it was awesome. Even though JM said that they are not sentient or anything, they almost act like it, in my humble opinion. Can't wait to see more of the Kino.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
                        and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

Originally posted by Solokiller View Post
                          Spoiler:

Maybe because all it does is float and send information...

How would they make it work a touch screen console?

Comment

Originally posted by koroush47 View Post
                            Maybe because all it does is float and send information...

How would they make it work a touch screen console?
                            For this you will need
                            1 ball point pen
                            1 lighter
                            1 kino
                            1 kino control

firstly you strip down the pen so you just have the plastic then you use the lighter to melt it onto the kino giving it a prodding device. Now you use the kino control to close the door

Comment

Kino is ok but a Puddle jumper would be more usefull I mean 12 hours is not alot of time to investigate an entire planet.

Comment

Working...
                              X