George Hammond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

George Hammond

So I was impressed with her performance. Seems like a ship suitable for the name. the interior lighting seemed to be yellow?
    There is nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself. You can't remake the past, so look ahead...or risk being left behind

except it had no plasma lazers on it. In reality it should have kicked three hataks butts
    thelastgreatprophecy.com

Comment

true. seemed to have the normal rail gun enplacements
      There is nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself. You can't remake the past, so look ahead...or risk being left behind

Comment

Odd that the George Hammond did not have Asgard upgrades. All the others ships have them. This might show that the writers/creators of SGU may have never seen a episode of Stargate before.

Comment

I loved the patch. with USS Hammond and then the star medal beneath

Comment

I'll take this time to say how refreshing it was to see a space battle with a Daedalus-class ship, fighting against the odds. It's been a while.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/carpentersam/
            MY ARTWORK -- ALL SIGNATURES BY HERMIIOD

Comment

That really needed to be explained. Why was a unfinished 304 protecting such an important base? It is the only problem I had with the episode. Beyond that I was blown away.

Comment

Originally posted by RepliVeggie View Post
                That really needed to be explained. Why was a unfinished 304 protecting such an important base? It is the only problem I had with the episode. Beyond that I was blown away.
                it is a research station really.

It seemed to be complete, it just didn't have lasers, it had railguns. Maybe yjr power requirements of the weapons didn't fit well into the existing design or the hammond?

Comment

Originally posted by RepliVeggie View Post
                  Personally, until the (unlikely) eventuality that it is addressed in the show, I've decided to accept that one of two possibilities occurred:

1.) They were hit with shields down by a cloaked Alkesh or two that was/were pulling advance guard/reconnaissance duty for the main force, and which specifically targeted the beam cannons before being taken out, OR

2.) The Hatak's weapons were upgraded with Ori technology, requiring that all power be diverted to the shields so that they could hold the line against the transports and gliders, while the base itself was evacuated.

Of course, one would hope that if one of these was in fact the explanation, Carter would have mentioned it at some point......

But yeah, other than that I was pleasantly impressed by tonight's presentation
                  sigpic
                  Eagles may soar free and proud, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.
                  "We're not going to Guam are we?"

Comment

That was ridiculous and plot holy. Those three Gou'ald motherships should be chew toys for the Hammond.

Let's make sure history never forgets the name....Enterprise

Comment

If they didn't have beam weapons. We lose. Our rail guns can't penetrate goa'uld shields. It must be the case. The Hammond was incomplete. It was prob just used to transport them to the planet. Not to guard it. BUT it was in orbit for the whole six months it seemed.

I love this episode. 50 minutes left in it for me.

Comment

If they didn't have beam weapons. We lose. Our rail guns can't penetrate goa'uld shields. It must be the case. The Hammond was incomplete. It was prob just used to transport them to the planet. Not to guard it. BUT it was in orbit for the whole six months it seemed.

I love this episode. 50 minutes left in it for me.

Comment

Maybe the ship didn't get all the Asgard upgrades? Remember the ship was used to transport the people to the base because that plants gate couldn't get incoming wormholes and only dial out. (Of course that brings up the question as to why they didn't just dial Earth from there and send them through? Instead of using the ship.) I don't think the ship was there to defend it but just act as their transport. Plus it did make for awesome TV, who doesn't love seeing some awesome space battles.

Comment

Originally posted by kcatlantis View Post
                            except it had no plasma lazers on it. In reality it should have kicked three hataks butts
                            If they had the Asgard Plasma Beam weapons then they would have done serious damage to if not destroyed the Lucian Alliance ships. If that would of happen then everyone would have either been able to beam to the General Hammond before the planet exploded or not have needed to escape. Then there would not have been a SGU
                            Spins and turns, angles and curves, the shape of dreams half remembered. Slip the surly bonds of Earth and touch the face of perfection. A perfect face, a perfect lace, find a perfect world for the end of Kara Thrace.
                            End of line.

Comment

I was hoping for a fleet of Ha'tak and the only reason they got passed the Hammond was the sheer number of Gliders and Alkesh being sent down.

Comment

Working...
                              X