X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are there any other 9 chevrons codes?

Are there any other 9 chevrons codes?

that go to other places / do other things?

so far no since the only one discovered was in the atlantis database but who knows..
    sigpic

Comment

The question is. How did Ameris (I think that is his name) know to create a ninth chevron. Or why did he bother creating one if the Destiny wasn't already planned. Could it be they just always thought ahead and planned ahead for events thousands if not millions of years in the future? Does seem like something they would do. Makes me wonder too. The Ancients had to have a way to get back. Doesn't seem like them to strand themselves. Im guessing the Destiny has a way to channel power from a black hole or something to gate home.

Comment

What i think is that they would have send someone through with a ZPM or other device to dial back home..

Comment

Spoiler:
          7th Chevron is Milky Way Galaxy, 8th Chevron is Pegasus Galaxy, 9th Chevron is unknown and unnamed but was the Galaxy the Destiny currently dropped out of FTL in unless the 9th Chevron is specifically the Destiny, Alteran Galaxy is also unknown because they traveled via ship in the Ark of Truth through the Super Gate.

the scene where Dr. Rush was scrolling the Star Map and Lt. Scott asked "are those planets?" Dr. Rush replied "No, Galaxies." I am assuming each of those Galaxies has it's own Chevron and that within the Chevron is multiple addresses to the planets in that Galaxy just like the Milky Way or Pegasus.

- Christine

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
            What i think is that they would have send someone through with a ZPM or other device to dial back home..
            I was thinking the same but it does seem too easy when you think about it...
            Signature removed by popular demand...

Comment

I don't think so, I believe that the eight other chevrons in the address don't matter. After all, the point of origin was that of the Tau'ri, not the gate from which its being dialed. I'm guessing that this is some kind of security protocol, created by the Ancients so that "authorized personnel only" would be able to dial in. This would allow the Ancients, and presumably only the ancients (since they would know the trick), to dial in check up on destiny's progress and then leave.

Comment

Originally posted by RepliVeggie View Post
                The question is. How did Ameris (I think that is his name) know to create a ninth chevron. Or why did he bother creating one if the Destiny wasn't already planned. Could it be they just always thought ahead and planned ahead for events thousands if not millions of years in the future? Does seem like something they would do. Makes me wonder too. The Ancients had to have a way to get back. Doesn't seem like them to strand themselves. Im guessing the Destiny has a way to channel power from a black hole or something to gate home.
                They did have a way to get home, there was a eight chevron address in ships database for earth, probably would have worked too but Rush begged them not to dial it since they would have tried too many times to get the point of origin. Funny thing is they would have gotten that symbol when the gate auto dialed the planet. I'm also pretty sure that ship would have had enough power for at least one dialing of earth, the drive it uses must consume a HUGE amount of power.

Comment

Originally posted by RepliVeggie View Post
                  The question is. How did Ameris (I think that is his name) know to create a ninth chevron.
                  It's called a reserved field. The 6+1 system was most likely already in use, for example in navigation or communications. The 8th chevron was added to expand the field of operation, and the 9th was added just in case something else comes up. It'd be a lot easier to reprogram the gates than to seed modified versions from scratch.

The gate on Destiny obviously has high priority. The 9-chevron code might be less of a combination lock deal and more of a guarantee that Destiny passing through a seeded galaxy does not interfere with local operation of the network.
                  MWG Gate Network Simulation

Looks familiar?

Comment

Originally posted by lkg1980 View Post
                    Spoiler:
                    7th Chevron is Milky Way Galaxy, 8th Chevron is Pegasus Galaxy, 9th Chevron is unknown and unnamed but was the Galaxy the Destiny currently dropped out of FTL in unless the 9th Chevron is specifically the Destiny, Alteran Galaxy is also unknown because they traveled via ship in the Ark of Truth through the Super Gate.

the scene where Dr. Rush was scrolling the Star Map and Lt. Scott asked "are those planets?" Dr. Rush replied "No, Galaxies." I am assuming each of those Galaxies has it's own Chevron and that within the Chevron is multiple addresses to the planets in that Galaxy just like the Milky Way or Pegasus.

- Christine
                    The 8th Chevron adds a new distance calculation. It's not specific to Pegasus. O'Niell used it to travel to Othalla in the galaxy Ida.

Originally posted by K^2 View Post
                    It's called a reserved field. The 6+1 system was most likely already in use, for example in navigation or communications. The 8th chevron was added to expand the field of operation, and the 9th was added just in case something else comes up. It'd be a lot easier to reprogram the gates than to seed modified versions from scratch.

The gate on Destiny obviously has high priority. The 9-chevron code might be less of a combination lock deal and more of a guarantee that Destiny passing through a seeded galaxy does not interfere with local operation of the network.
                    Overly simplified:
                    Hell you probably have a number of devices in your home with ports, slots or whatever marked "FOR FUTURE USE.
                    How to Survive an Alien Attack

Comment

Taking what Rush said in the Pilot and what Carter had previously said before.

7 Chevrons for gate address
                      8th Chevron for area code
                      9th Chevron for extra distance calculation (what Rush said)

Comment

9 chevron codes must = 1 place to go too no matter what planet you are on or where in space you are.

Comment

Originally posted by DaxFlowLyfe View Post
                          Taking what Rush said in the Pilot and what Carter had previously said before.

7 Chevrons for gate address
                          8th Chevron for area code
                          9th Chevron for extra distance calculation (what Rush said)
                          Actually Carter said this about the 8th chevron. Rush's statement was based on what was known about the 8th chevron.

Comment

probably there are. if the other stargate seeding ships have stargates on them, then yes. i suppose the acients would want to check in with the ships to make sure they weren't seeding broken stargates that explode when dialed. and maybe to make repairs to the ships.

Comment

Originally posted by browncoatgandalf View Post
                              probably there are. if the other stargate seeding ships have stargates on them, then yes. i suppose the acients would want to check in with the ships to make sure they weren't seeding broken stargates that explode when dialed. and maybe to make repairs to the ships.
                              While several ships were sent to seed the galaxies with Stargates, the Destiny was to follow a programmed mission to explore these galaxies.

Comment

Working...
                              X