X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions about "Lost City"

Okay... First Question:
    In "Lost City" (the season 7 finale), SG-1 manages to activate the Ancient Weapon (Is it a weapon?) in Antarctica. When the weapon activates, those yellow things come out of the ground. What the heck are they? Fish (they look like Fish if you ask me)? Could it be
    Spoiler:
    one of those alien drones we saw in the Atlantis pilot, "Rising"? (That drone thingy that nearly blows Oneill's and Maj. Sheppard's helicopter out of the sky - or should I say off the ground. )

Second Question:

Does Anubis die at the end when his ship explodes? I know the answer is probably in Season 8 somewhere, but I can't recall that far back.

Thank you all in advance!

Hmmm, let's see. I guess I'm going to have to watch it again to see just what they look like. To me they looked similar to some kind of light streaking through the sky, sort of like a beam. They were selective with their targets (they didn't destroy anything other than the enemy).

As for Anubis (I'm not sure how to do the Spoiler tag so I'll just take the old-fashioned route):

SPOILER:

I haven't seen any of Season 8 yet but I do know Anubis isn't exactly dead, as in he's really very much alive and comes back and makes a complete mess of things (mostly people), then gets sent off to a planet with ice from which he escapes to cause even more mayhem. (You can find that much info in the episode guides on this site which I put to full good use since I can't ever see the show until the DVDs come out and sometimes waiting is just much too painful! )

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoWraith
      Okay... First Question:
      In "Lost City" (the season 7 finale), SG-1 manages to activate the Ancient Weapon (Is it a weapon?) in Antarctica. When the weapon activates, those yellow things come out of the ground. What the heck are they? Fish (they look like Fish if you ask me)? Could it be
      Spoiler:
      one of those alien drones we saw in the Atlantis pilot, "Rising"? (That drone thingy that nearly blows Oneill's and Maj. Sheppard's helicopter out of the sky - or should I say off the ground. )

There is a thread about them and majority of us called them the glowingjellyfish of doom, I think.

Comment

The strange people call them the glowingjellyfish of doom, but i recomend just caling them Ancient Drones, because thats what they are

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

Comment

They were on Atlantis in "rising". There's a thing on them in the omnipedia

Comment

spoilers

ok, yes the "fish" thing is what tried to shoot shepard out of the sky, and no anubis is not dead...........yet!

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoWraith
              Okay... First Question:
              Spoiler:

Second Question:

Does Anubis die at the end when his ship explodes? I know the answer is probably in Season 8 somewhere, but I can't recall that far back.

They are squid-shaped energy weapons; the same kind used in Atlantis. No, Anubis is not dead and will be back for more fun in Lockdown and later epis of Season 8, hopefully 9 too

Comment

Working...
              X