This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Midweek, another ep of SGU...

1. Greer's Kino sppech made more sense this time round...

2. Ironically I didn't think Rush was dodgy back in '09!

3. Ah, Spencer...

4. "Math boy".

Getting tasty.
    I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

I remember us making jokes about Young's constant statement about these are the wrong people. We would use mundane ordinary tasks like....
      Young: Mr. Broody do you have a pencil I can borrow.
      Broody: No
      Young: These are the wrong people

I was never really bothered about Chloe and Scott jumping into bed. It seemed quite realastic given the circumstance of sudden death. The solution of Destiny recharging it power by flying into a sun was obvious but pretty awesome to see none the less. It goes flying into the sun and just opens up these things on the bottom of the ship to collect solar energy. How great is that? And it also had some nice interaction like showing Greer. It was small but I thought that part about him decking Telford and the way he assaulted Spencer speaks to what he is as a character. He is not a bad person just has problems controlling himself when he feels something is wrong. In regards to Wray and Young I am uncertain who to side with as they both make valid points of what it will take to survive. Although given the harsh nature of that rock they probably wouldn't have live that long. Anyone who knows me knows I tend to side with Rush but the notion he already knew about Destiny. Rush pulled a lot of things for his selfish desire. But I do not see what he has to gain from lying to people like he does in other situations so I do not think he knew about the sun.
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        I remember us making jokes about Young's constant statement about these are the wrong people. We would use mundane ordinary tasks like....
        Young: Mr. Broody do you have a pencil I can borrow.
        Broody: No
        Young: These are the wrong people
        That's hilarious, I wish I had been here then.

Anyone who knows me knows I tend to side with Rush but the notion he already knew about Destiny. Rush pulled a lot of things for his selfish desire. But I do not see what he has to gain from lying to people like he does in other situations so I do not think he knew about the sun.
        I don't think he did either, because his entire manner changed when he realized what was happening, and there was no reason for him to fake that delight since he was all alone. I think the expression on his face when Young said maybe he knew all along was more shock than anything, like "whoa, I've been a worse jerk than I thought if he believes this." Or since it is Rush I'm talking about, maybe more like, "whoa, I'm a delightful person - why would he think I'd do something so weasely?"
        sigpic

Comment

Or
          "I'll let them stew over that for a while".

Comment

That sounds like something Rush would do. Mantipulate people to suit his advantage
            Jelgate is right

Comment

This ep was equally great. The "lottery" somehow reminded me of BSG?
              I felt so sorry for Eli. A bit cliche, but if it has happened to you IRL you know what it feels like.
              I bet Rush knew about the ship charging it's power from the sun . That was my first thought, when he refused to be in the lottery. Guess we will never know for sure...
              I still like the Kino's and the way they have been used so far...
              Solar power for the win
              Last edited by Cluas; 27 February 2013, 01:57 AM. Reason: to add

Comment

Whether he knew about the recharging, or not has been discussed.. And lookig at his shock as he stood with awe on the observation deck, i can only conclude he didn't.

Comment

Exactly, there's no reason for him to fake the shock and awe when he's all alone.
                  sigpic

Comment

Unless he knew he wasn't alone
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Did I miss something - was it shown later on that he wasn't alone, and knew this?
                      sigpic

Comment

No. I am just pointing the possibility he could be
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Why?
                          sigpic

Comment

Why not?
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Loved this episode. The solar powered ship thing and the sling shot thing I could see coming but I still liked that both were used.

Eli in the friend zone is so sad. More women for nerds I say.

I really liked how they just left the one guy on deck. At first I thought it was odd but then thought what does it matter they are all dead, might as well let him sleep.

Comment

Working...
                              X