• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Darkness' (104) General Discussion

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE UNIVERSE - SEASON ONE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 104

The Destiny suffers a power crisis, putting the lives of the stranded crew in jeopardy when even the emergency reserves run dry. Dr. Rush pushes himself to the breaking point.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 02 February 2021, 07:00 PM.
    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

FANTASTIC episode. Even the shower scene wasn't done distastefully IMO. And I was one of the people that didn't like the sex scene.

The shots of the Destiny inside the gas giant was great! Eli was awesome...

I feel bad for Young though.

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

Why does telford want to **** everything up?

rush is amazing btw.

Comment

Indeed, Rush is my favorite character in SGU at the moment. An excellent episode, although I was hoping for a little Stargate action, oh well there is always next time!

Comment

I enjoyed this episode. It was nice to get insight into the various crew members on how they felt. At first I thought Rush was just being a dick but lack of sleep coupled with caffeine withdrawal is enough to bring anyone to the brink.

I can identify with the group of people that wanted information from Eli, always sucks to be on the outside of the decision making and information.

Thought it was pretty funny, those two spying on James with the Kino and her threatening to kick their ass.

Comment

i was thinking for them to get power back was to use the Sun but im no scientist and two) anybody get that The Intruder Feeling from atlantis?

Comment

What happened to that alien shuttle that dislodged from the ship?

Last episode?

Comment

I must say, this is my favorite episode of the series so far. And the graphics were just amazing! I felt sorry for Rush in his little coffee-deprived rage. And I like it how we actually got to see a few things that we haven't seen before...like showers and stuff like that. It's just an interesting little detail, to me, anyway.

And does anyone else think Telford's an ass?

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                i was thinking for them to get power back was to use the Sun but im no scientist and two) anybody get that The Intruder Feeling from atlantis?
                That's what I was thinking, that maybe the Destiny had some way to recharge the power from the star's energy or something. Or maybe there is something on those planets that could help them.

Comment

Let's see what happened this week on Stargate: Boobs Universe:

Loverboy Scott takes a break from getting teen girls pregnant to say a prayer.

Col. Young leaves the sinking ship to visit his wife (zzzzzzzzzzzz).

Rush yells at everyone.

Everyone yells at everyone.

Some lady talks about earthquakes. (WTF???)

Chloe takes a shower in front of a guy (is this a surprise to anyone?)

Chloe screams for Eli's help because it gets. . .um. . .dark.

Chloe needs to take a walk into an airlock.

A bunch of people talk about themselves but none of them sound the least bit intelligent. I still don't remember their names.

Lou Diamond Phillips makes a miracle appearace in a few minutes that were actually INTERESTING.

Camera operator drank way too much coffee making the shaky camera worse than ever.

A military chick had really, REALLY big. . .uh, you know (I see TPTB still going with frat boy humor).

This episode was total fail in my book.

Comment

Still airing here, for some reason Space reverses the airtimes of Sanctuary and SGU.

- I love Robert Carlyle, but Rush is driving me nuts. I want someone to hit him
                    - Chloe. Shower. Giggity.
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Very nice episode overall. Rush's little breakdown was awesome to watch, and the reasoning behind it was very sound IMO. I don't want to think what I would be like if caffeine was taken away from me.

It was nice to get to see the little crew recordings of how they felt. And the end was amazing, especially the visual effects. Very nicely done. I can't wait for next week.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Is Young's wife the same actress that played the frozen ancient in season 6 of SG-1?

Comment

Come on , cant they do better than this?? There is no action at all. NOTHING. Stargate is not supposed to be this slow and boring. Im really trying to like this show and want to support it but they are totally losing me. Im giving it 2 weeks and im done wasting my time with it. IF its so good then why is the gateworld poll for air 3 not above 35% for a 10 rating ????? Because its only a 4 and thats pushing it.

Comment

Originally posted by GateLadyM View Post
                            Let's see what happened this week on Stargate: Boobs Universe:

Loverboy Scott takes a break from getting teen girls pregnant to say a prayer.

Col. Young leaves the sinking ship to visit his wife (zzzzzzzzzzzz).

Rush yells at everyone.

Everyone yells at everyone.

Some lady talks about earthquakes. (WTF???)

Chloe takes a shower in front of a guy (is this a surprise to anyone?)

Chloe screams for Eli's help because it gets. . .um. . .dark.

Chloe needs to take a walk into an airlock.

A bunch of people talk about themselves but none of them sound the least bit intelligent. I still don't remember their names.

Lou Diamond Phillips makes a miracle appearace in a few minutes that were actually INTERESTING.

Camera operator drank way too much coffee making the shaky camera worse than ever.

A military chick had really, REALLY big. . .uh, you know (I see TPTB still going with frat boy humor).

This episode was total fail in my book.
                            Will you be back next week?
                            Meh.

Comment

I loved that scene is in the gas giant. It was just great.

Dr. Rush continues to be my favorite character, caffeine withdrawal or no.

Eli and the Senator's daughter(whose name escapes me) are pretty cute.

Telford si being a bit of a douche.

Can't wait for the next episode.

Comment

Working...
                              X