Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey look! Ive got a brand new gun...now im going to defend myself with it and pwn everyone in sight who dare challenge me!!!

*After some time*

3 guys show and smash your face in because you forgot to take bullets for your uber gun.

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
      I thought these guys were supposed to be the best of the best in the stargate program. But we've got two military personnel that breaks the rules and another military person whose almost a psycho Boy am I glad I ain't on that ship with them. If I knew any of this I would be fearing for my life
      I don't think these are meant to be the best of the best. but I agree that I wouldn't want to be on the ship with them. Especially not if the walls are thin.

Well true, if it's the only rule he broke. But if he can break one rule he probably would have no hesitation in breaking others
      Not necessarily. Jack by contrast broke most of the other rules but that was the one that he wouldn't break.
      "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
      Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
      Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
      Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
      Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by Zealisreal View Post
        well out of say 10 episodes (half the season) 20% have already been slow paced and not the opposite. As I mentioned, Ill give it its chances, have been a fan from the start and stuck with SG:A through-out so I really hope they pull it back from under the door matt
        What is your idea of fast paced? The first two episodes had to set up the basic scenario but this included a space battle, people trying to escape when Icarus Base was being wrecked, a big explosion (the planet), conflict between characters, an important death (the Senator) and they ended with an away team setting off into the unknown for something which would clean the air so they won't die of CO2 poisoning.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
          What is your idea of fast paced? The first two episodes had to set up the basic scenario but this included a space battle, people trying to escape when Icarus Base was being wrecked, a big explosion (the planet), conflict between characters, an important death (the Senator) and they ended with an away team setting off into the unknown for something which would clean the air so they won't die of CO2 poisoning.
          Not to mention giving us insight into the personalities and skills of eight regular characters, plus an introduction to several recurring characters, introducing the Destiny, giving background into Stargate mythology for the newcomers... no wonder some folks found it slow
          sigpic

Comment

Watching the first 2 episodes again in hd and i cant see what all the fuss is about it looks great and the dynamic camera angles give it the edge stargate needed all right it looks like battlestar galactica but its so much better and the visual effects are tremendous in hd cant wait till tuesday for the 3rd part of air p.s sky1 cut out the sex scence whats that all about give me your thoughts

Comment

Originally posted by Nemises View Post
              Hey look! Ive got a brand new gun...now im going to defend myself with it and pwn everyone in sight who dare challenge me!!!

*After some time*

3 guys show and smash your face in because you forgot to take bullets for your uber gun.
              The Hammond wasn't sent out with the intentions of going in to battle. It was making a quick run to a nearby system to drop of a few people... and the LA launched a surprise attack while it was there.
              || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by bored atlantis fan View Post
                Watching the first 2 episodes again in hd and i cant see what all the fuss is about it looks great and the dynamic camera angles give it the edge stargate needed all right it looks like battlestar galactica but its so much better and the visual effects are tremendous in hd cant wait till tuesday for the 3rd part of air p.s sky1 cut out the sex scence whats that all about give me your thoughts
                we have thriving discussion threads about the sex scene, do in depth discussion about that should go into that thread please
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I just rewatched it on my computer so I could cap it and the camera work is not good on monitors It looks so much better on the 50" Plasma TV

Anywho, I'm still kinda confused about the 9 chevron gate address. Was the point of origin the earth symbol?
                  sigpic

Comment

I just rewatched it on my computer so I could cap it and the camera work is not good on monitors It looks so much better on the 50" Plasma TV

Anywho, I'm still kinda confused about the 9 chevron gate address. Was the point of origin the earth symbol?
                    It's not so much a gate "address" as a gate "code." You can dial the Destiny from anywhere, but since it's always moving (and therefore would always have a different address), the Ancients coded its stargate to accept only a single combination of 9 symbols, the final one being the point of origin for their homeworld, Earth. This way, no matter where the ship was in the universe, you would only ever need to know one set of coordinates to get you there.
                    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                      It's not so much a gate "address" as a gate "code." You can dial the Destiny from anywhere, but since it's always moving (and therefore would always have a different address), the Ancients coded its stargate to accept only a single combination of 9 symbols, the final one being the point of origin for their homeworld, Earth. This way, no matter where the ship was in the universe, you would only ever need to know one set of coordinates to get you there.
                      Oh right. Now I understand, thanks
                      sigpic

Comment

The bloody ship is half built and falling apart how ever much expirence they have with Ancient tech is irrelevent.
                        That plus how many of these people have actually HAD experience with ancient stuff>?

This is something I'm quite interested in as well, as Camile seemed to think it was quite serious. Remember her line:

"For good reason".
                        That makes me wonder if SHE was the reason he was in jail in the first place..

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                          The Hammond wasn't sent out with the intentions of going in to battle. It was making a quick run to a nearby system to drop of a few people... and the LA launched a surprise attack while it was there.
                          The whole situation was a plot device so accept it.

Its like america sending an aircraft carrier without planes or missiles and only with a couple of machine guns to drop off supplies to south korea a couple of decades ago. You dont send your most expensive military hardware anywhere without proper defenses in place.

Comment

Originally posted by Nemises View Post
                            The whole situation was a plot device so accept it.
                            I'll accept that this is your opinion but that's all it is. And based on the continuity of the franchise your opinion is wrong.
                            || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

BUT since it was a secure secret place why would they need defenses?

Comment

TV6 Sweden aired Air Parts 1&2 tonight so I decided to watch even though I had done it before. I didn't think that it was possible for me to like this episode even more, but now I do! Maybe it's just because I'm pumped for SGU's return!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X