This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Asgard's fate : your thoughts

okay so i pretty much registered to state the following.

THE ASGARD SHOULD NOT HAVE DIED

or failed...for that matter

this entails to Heimdall and his research from season 5. i just refuse to admit that the asgard couldn't have found a way to save themselves. i mean come on they had a 30,000 year old asgard to research from, they must have come up with something. i believe the DNA Resequencer could have fixed the problem if not helped some. i know they didnt make the DNA Resequencer but i think they should have atleast known about it and see that it could help. it is more of a statement but i would like to hear what others think.

<3 asgard

If finish on the SG-1 10.20 Asgard are dead then all, if the SGA 5.20 then alive only those who live in Pegasus. But the SG universe structured in such a way that they all may be alive.
    Well, contrary to popular human belief, the Earth is not the centre of the galaxy. (c) ARIS BOCH
    SGU DEAD - Good News !!!

Comment

I have always thought the Ancients should have ascended them moments before their suicide. Or at least give them the option, being that DJ mentioned they couldn't on their own because they altered their physical evolution.

Other than that, I thought it was a terrible way to remove our greatest and only real ally.

Comment

Originally posted by dahok View Post
        I have always thought the Ancients should have ascended them moments before their suicide. Or at least give them the option, being that DJ mentioned they couldn't on their own because they altered their physical evolution.
        We know when the ascended in the MW they didn't help those who died due to that plague.If they didn't help their own people, there's no point of helping the Asgard
        Other than that, I thought it was a terrible way to remove our greatest and only real ally.
        I agree
        Stolen Kosovo
        sigpic

Comment

I say that they're not really dead. What I think happened is they just told SG-1 that they were killing themselves, but in reality they made a hologram of their planet exploding, took their planet out of phase, put themselves in stasis pods, and put their entire planet in a time dilation field. That way, the Asgard core could work on finding a cure with the new technology that the SGC will undoubtedly be putting into the Asgard database. Once a viable cure is found, the Thor hologram will let the SGC know, and the Asgard will be saved.

Comment

The writers have spoilt the fans by bringing all the popular characters back from the dead...now fans expect it.

If popular characters didn't die, then there would be no drama in life threatening situations

Sometimes you simply have to move on.
            I don't mean to sound like a nerdy fan who talks about science-fiction like it is real, but the problem with 'clever' storylines is that they make the audience start to think, and if you put in bad science, they are more likely to notice it. It breaks the suspension of disbelief

Comment

It is totally not the end of the Asgard... We've seen through SGA that not all the Asgard ended their lives albeit the ones who survived were less than friendly If Thor, and the Supreme High Council really gave humanity every piece of their knowledge and technology... Then perhaps they also gave them their genetic makeup as well.

Thor and all other Asgard scientists remained in the core as holograms... Sam will definitely think of something.

Definitely.
              Jack: I thought I told you I retired.
              Hammond: Oh... I thought you said you were "tired"
              Jack: Well... as a matter of fact... I am a little... tired.
              Hammond: There's no time for that now! You have a mission to lead!
              Jack: RIIIIIIGHT!

Comment

Originally posted by Wandering Youth View Post
                Thor and all other Asgard scientists remained in the core as holograms...
                What makes you think that? A holographical representation of Thor* was shown, but there is no evidence that their consciousness or DNA has been stored. I'm not saying it wasn't, but it's speculation to assume it was.

*I assume it was Thor...it looked like him
                Last edited by Bareassedmunky; 28 September 2009, 07:51 PM.
                I don't mean to sound like a nerdy fan who talks about science-fiction like it is real, but the problem with 'clever' storylines is that they make the audience start to think, and if you put in bad science, they are more likely to notice it. It breaks the suspension of disbelief

Comment

Originally posted by Bareassedmunky View Post
                  What makes you think that? A holographical representation of Thor* was shown, but there is no evidence that their consciousness or DNA has been stored. I'm not saying it wasn't, but it's speculation to assume it was.

*I assume it was Thor...it looked like him
                  True, true.. I see what you mean...

I figure that if the Asgard gave the SGC all of their knowledge and technology I don't see why they wouldn't have included such samples of DNA or genetic data. Not saying that they would wish for the SGC to continue the work that they failed with, but maybe to help them advance themselves in the future. Totally speculation though..

Comment

I'm happy with the way things went. I just wish we could have had a scene where Thor visited Jack.
                    "God save us from half the people who think they're doing God's work." - Dean Winchester

Comment

I take solace that the asgard were found to be in the pegasus galaxy so there must be a few asgard settlements in the other neighbouring galaxys.

Comment

Didn't Thor say in Unending that their latest attempt to reverse the damage left them with a disease making it impossible to continue cloning.

Comment

i wonder if any of the Asgard's Consciousness(sp?) are stored in the Asgard core........

Comment

Originally posted by boyd22 View Post
                            i wonder if any of the Asgard's Consciousness(sp?) are stored in the Asgard core........
                            Wouldn't put it past TPTB. It would be totally awesome.

Comment

You know, there were never any bodies found and it's not like they're above being less than honest with people at times.

Sure they blew their planet.

They also escaped in some way so that they could spend as much time as they needed to save themselves, confident that with their tech, Earth would eventually defeat all baddies and everything would be fine without them.

We may yet see them again.

At least, the above is what I like to believe.

Comment

Working...
                              X