This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's your opinion now about SGU ?

so yeah im bored, has anyones opinion on sg universe changed then? for example people who instantly hated it because atlantis was cancelled but are now interested with all the trailers and updates on the series and vice versa
    Captain Simms

Yes mine has sort of changed, I now like the look of it, but I still doubt it will be a success.
    Tst

Comment

I flip flop on my thoughts every day. Everytime I discuss this with someone...i change my mind. Right now...I'm undecided.
      sigpic

Just repeat to yourself; "It's just a show, I should really just relax."

Comment

when i first heard about it i was excited but then atlantis got cancelled and i was kinda pissed, then i heard that it was going to be sort of like battlestar and i hated the new version but then ive see the trailers and ive gotta say i really want to see it now haha
        Captain Simms

Comment

I've liked it since I first heard about it. But I like it even more now. Does that count?
          Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
          ---
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by spinny magee View Post
            Yes mine has sort of changed, I now like the look of it, but I still doubt it will be a success.
            With all the advertising thrown at it, I can't imagine how it won't be more successful than Atlantis,
            These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

Comment

Not really. I was looking forward to it since I heard about it. That went down a tiny bit when SGA got cancelled. I got over that easily and started getting excited about SGU as we got closer. But what really blew me away was the Comic Con trailer.
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Detox View Post
                With all the advertising thrown at it, I can't imagine how it won't be more successful than Atlantis,
                Quite easily if its poor quality. Advertising is meant to gauge viewers but it doesn't always keep them. Their are plenty of shows that didn't make it despite high advertising.
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  Quite easily if its poor quality. Advertising is meant to gauge viewers but it doesn't always keep them. Their are plenty of shows that didn't make it despite high advertising.

True. But the majority of the reviews are positive. And I haven't seen any that are truly negative. That's why I think it will be a success, coupled with this massive advertising campaign going on.

But you have a point, and we can't judge the quality until we see the show for ourselves.
                  "God save us from half the people who think they're doing God's work." - Dean Winchester

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Kira View Post
                    True. But the majority of the reviews are positive. And I haven't seen any that are truly negative. That's why I think it will be a success, coupled with this massive advertising campaign going on.

But you have a point, and we can't judge the quality until we see the show for ourselves.
                    I think it will be a sucess too. I'm just trying to point out high advertising does not mean it will be a sucess. As for the reviews the important ones don't come out until after the pilot. That is when the media the casual viewers read makes their reviews. At least that is how prion explained it to me
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

My opinion on SGU hasn't ever changed, as I can't really have (or have had) an opinion on something I've never watched. Having said that, however, I was intrigued by it when I first heard the premise and remain intrigued (and admittedly excited) about the premiere to this day.

I'll have a real opinion once I've seen the pilot and subsequent episodes
                      Sig by Pandora's Box
                      sigpic

Comment

Yeah, but all the reviews so far have said that the show is pretty solid all around.
                        These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

Comment

Originally posted by Detox View Post
                          Yeah, but all the reviews so far have said that the show is pretty solid all around.
                          That means absolutely nothing. Reviews have contradicted the general audience feelings so many times its not even funny. Critics left and right called W13 a rehash of X-Files and Raiders of the Lost Ark. And yet it has given SyFy their highest ratings ever. Conversly reviewers praise BSG left and right and yet its about equal to SGA.
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

That means absolutely nothing. Reviews have contradicted the general audience feelings so many times its not even funny. Critics left and right called W13 a rehash of X-Files and Raiders of the Lost Ark. And yet it has given SyFy their highest ratings ever. Conversely reviewers praise BSG left and right and yet its about equal to SGA.
                            That's your own personal opinion?

Equal how so? In ratings?

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
                              That's your own personal opinion?

Equal how so? In ratings?
                              On average BSG and SGA ratings were pretty equal
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                              X