X-Men 4 - News/Speculation/Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X-Men 4 - News/Speculation/Discussion

X Men 4 And New Mutants Movies In The Works!

At a Fox Blu-Ray press event in Beverly Hills, Lauren Shuler Donner, X-producer responsible for all of the mutant movies so far, first addressed the (supposed) Tweets by actor Tim Pockock(young Cyclops in Wolverine) which stated..

"currently shooting Australian TV series till February 2010…then X-men first class "

Followed by this...

"victim of cruel prank.last tweet=NOT me.AM filming Aussie show till2010.no official word on XM:FC but am interested.please post retraction."

Shuler claims there is no truth to this whatsoever, and although there is a First Class movie in the works, no shoot date has been confirmed nor any actors signed on at this stage.

When asked what other Mutant related projects we could be seeing in the future, she said she is currently "cooking up plans for" X4, reuniting the X-Men and a big screen outing for The New Mutants. X4, she said, had yet to be pitched to the studio, however.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=10241

Personally, if they could get everybody back, I would love to see a fourth X-Men movie. I loved the first 3.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Is Bryan Singer going to return and save X-Men 4?

In a bit of unexpected but welcome news, Bryan Singer said he's interested in directing the next X-Men movie for Fox, and that he's been discussing the idea with the movie studio. You may recall that after directing the first two X-Men movies (which made a lot of money while also earning respect from X-Men fans), Singer decided to make Superman Returns while Brett "Rush Hour" Ratner directed X-Men: The Last Stand.
      You might also recall that neither of the last two films was thought of as particularly good, while Gavin Hood's attempt at X-Men Origins: Wolverine was generally considered to be pretty horrible. It's been unclear exactly where the X movie franchise will go from here, and with what director or directors.

Now The Hollywood Reporter says that during a talk at South Korea's Pusan International Film Festival, Singer told the audience: "I'm still looking to possibly returning to the X-Men franchise. I've been talking to Fox about it."

That might be good news for both the X-Men franchise and Singer, whose plans for a Battlestar Galactica movie were met with a collective "Huh?" from fans, and whose Logan's Run remake was last seen headed for Carousel

http://scifiwire.com/2009/10/is-brya...r-going-to.php

Comment

I would definitely welcome Singer back to direct the next X-Men movie.
        sigpic
        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Wow an X-Man movie again...I mean wow...wait they are not talking about Origins right?

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
            Wow an X-Man movie again...I mean wow...wait they are not talking about Origins right?
            In total, these 6 X-releated movies in development.

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
              In total, these 6 X-releated movies in development.
              Good thing I love the X-Men Universe.
              sigpic
              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Shuler Donner also has pitched Singer on doing a fourth installment of the previously established "X-Men" franchise and Jackman had that lunch with Singer to coax him into a project as well, which may or may not be a "Wolverine" film, which Jackman has said will be set in Japan and released in 2011. "I wish I could be four people," the director said with a moan. "I could make everybody happy."

Singer turned to Shuler Donner and said of "X-Men 4": "Hold that one off for just a little, I'm fixated on the other one right now." She nodded and answered, "I will, I will ... I'm holding it open with high hopes. It's totally different [from 'First Class'] and it will be so interesting for you."
                http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/hero...her-again.html

Comment

I hope that there is an X-Men 4 with the original cast, and alot better than the third.

Comment

X4 will just be another Wolverine and the X-Men movie.
                    I'm far more psyched about seeing the original X-Men taught by Mags and Prof X aka X-Men: First Class.
                    sigpic
                    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

I'd sooner see an Excalibur movie...
                      I was really disappointed w/ the 3rd X-men movie. (Wolverine was 'just ok')
                      sigpic

Comment

Since movie X-Men loves Wolverine so much just start adapting the cartoon Wolverine & The X-Men storyline from Season 1. Would be awesome & fit with the Wolverine love lol. Though they would have to explain the return of Jean & Scott though. But Im sure most fans would like to ignore those deaths

Comment

I've tried to ignore X3 altogether apart from the Phoenix being Jean's supressed psychic potential manifesting as a split personality. That was well done. Oh, and Magneto thinking a human Mystique was ugly. Clearly delusional.
                          Last edited by nx01a; 18 March 2010, 05:36 PM.
                          sigpic
                          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

I hope X4 is good. I love the X-Men, but X3 was horrible, and Wolverine was decent, but left much to be desired.

Perfecto!

Comment

I didn't mind X-Men 3 as much as some apparently did. I welcome the possibility of a fourth movie.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                              X