No announcement yet.

X-Men 4 - News/Speculation/Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

has apocalypse been delt with in the past 3 movies??
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Nope. And I hope he never is.
      Arguing this earlier with fellow comic book geeks and the conclusion we came to was that X4's best bet for a good story would be 'Days of Future Past'. The cinema-going audience always seems to love a time-travel/post-apocalyptic story.
      sigpic
      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
        I didn't mind X-Men 3 as much as some apparently did. I welcome the possibility of a fourth movie.
        When X3 first came out, I thought it was pretty good, but then after a few viewings, I started to like it less and less, especially when watching it after X2 (the best of the series, imo).

Perfecto!

Comment

They sort of made X3 like it was the last killing off a lot of people. Personally, I liked the cartoon Wolverine than this one. Not nearly as gritty and badass. Juggernaut filled that role instead surprisingly. And Magneto isn't nearly as cool and powerful as the one in the cartoons. And I may have missed this or not paid attention, but wasn't Rogue supposed to be a flying super strong chick?

I don't mind a new movie though as long as the characters are more engrossing. Always nice to see the special effects and visuals.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
            has apocalypse been delt with in the past 3 movies??
            You haven't seen them?!

Comment

Originally posted by jmoz View Post
              They sort of made X3 like it was the last killing off a lot of people. Personally, I liked the cartoon Wolverine than this one. Not nearly as gritty and badass. Juggernaut filled that role instead surprisingly. And Magneto isn't nearly as cool and powerful as the one in the cartoons. And I may have missed this or not paid attention, but wasn't Rogue supposed to be a flying super strong chick?

I don't mind a new movie though as long as the characters are more engrossing. Always nice to see the special effects and visuals.
              Rogue gets those powers from Ms. Marvel. Rogue touched her for so long that she permanently absorbed her powers. They decided that they didn't want to go through that much backstory in the films.

Perfecto!

Comment

'Age of Apocalypse' Rogue got her powers from touching Polaris [which is basically like touching Magneto]. They just made her able to create a magnetic field around her body to give her strength, flight, durability, etc. I was hoping that was what they were going for in X1.
                Last edited by nx01a; 20 March 2010, 10:26 PM.
                sigpic
                More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                  You haven't seen them?!
                  nope. wish i had but i was a different person then. going to the movies did not interest me at all.

Comment

nope. wish i had but i was a different person then. going to the movies did not interest me at all.
                    They are very cheap on DVD now, the collection/trilogy is 15 bucks!

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                      They are very cheap on DVD now, the collection/trilogy is 15 bucks!
                      i can easily get it on netflix

Comment

i can easily get it on netflix
                        Screw Netflix! Sorry I hate renting....but do it, X2 is amazing.

Comment

However you would choose to see them, make sure you do. I don't think you will regret it one bit.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Think Phoenix will be back? Or Scott?

Comment

In the First Class movie, I'd hope. Bringing them back would be tricky, but they're X-Men. Death is just another obstacle to be overcome. Over and over and over again.
                              sigpic
                              More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                                In total, these 6 X-releated movies in development.
                                What are the six movies? I know about the First Class movie, and I've read there's a second Wolverine movie being talked about, so I guess that's two. What are the other four?
                                - Life after Stargate -
                                Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                                Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X