End of Nights, Part 2 (202)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kthomassg View Post
    After Magnus left Druitt and walked into the elveator I thought we were going to see her lose it like Carter did in "Singularity".
    I was expecting this as well.
    sigpic
    The Return of King Arthur
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
    acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

This was pretty crazy. But good. Its only my second episode though, I was a little lost, tee hee!

Comment

Wow that was Amazing!!! I loved this episode.

Didn't really feel bad when invisible girl got killed, but did feel bad for Will.

The fight between John and Ash was good, especially when he got her with his sword on her side at the end of the fight and and she cried out in pain.

And when they released the elemental and Ashley was getting burned alive, that was... whoa

But when Helen was trying to get through to Ash and started talking about when she was younger, omg that was so sad. I felt so bad for Helen. Then at the last moment when she stopped the other girl from killing Helen and seemed to have recognition. But when she teleported out and Helen started crying... I'm pretty sure I was ready to cry!

I really hope that Ashley isn't dead... and some how comes back later. Now I really can't wait for next week's episode to see what happens.
        sigpic

Comment

I think Kate definitely blew Ashley up, but then Ashley regenerated herself from the explosion. So that of course begs the question why that couldn't be done with the shield too. Although I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out that if you die while using your powers, or at least John's teleporting power, you stay dead.
          sigpic

Comment

A couple of points, from my POV.

1. I thought this episode was amazing.

2. I'm concerned that there are no longer going to be invisible people. I liked Clara.

3. If they bring Ashley back by some clone or some such, I will go to wherever they film this and push the idiots who thought of that from the highest room of the highest tower of the highest....something....

4. CGI effects don't really get in my way of the show, unless they are blatantly in my face. And the ones that were that blatant, I thought were....realistic.

5. Again, this entire cast deserves Golden Globes and Emmys for this. Like...wow. I haven't seen sci-fi this good in a long while.
            If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
            Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
            If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
            Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

OMG BEST Sanctuary EVER!

This is by far my fave episode of Sanctuary, it had everything, action, fun, character development serious fight scenes and a lot of emotion . I loved seeing the heads of the other Sanctuaries, and that Medusa girl was wicked . I was very surprised to see a Nubbin and even more surprised to to hear it's name was Damian .

I pretty much loved all the scenes at the London Sanctuary, I think they had some really good character development between all the characters, and the fight with John and Ashely and the other two... *what do I call them* super soldiers was so awesome . I loved the look on John's face when he impaled Ashley with the sword, that was so good acting by CH.

It was awesome seeing Tesla get his hands dirty in a real fight with Ashely and the other girl, and I actually couldn't take my eyes of the screen when Ashely and the other two were burning up, I was shocked and wowed.

I was sad to see the invisible girl go, you could see the pain on Will's face, but I'm glad to see Bigfoot back on his feet. One thing I really liked seeing was Helen have a one on one talk with almost each one of her team, you could see how she connects with them in her own way, and what they mean to her, especially the scene with Bigfoot . I really didn't expect for them to break into the Sanctuary, but I'm glad they did because it led for some wicked action.

But my fave scene of all was the ending when Helen was trying to reach Ashely, you could easily see the fear and emotion on her face, she wanted to save her daughter, but she knew there was only two ways to do it, actually save her, or kill her. Helen knew that as the head of the main Sanctuary, and as a mother, she'd have to do the hard thing, but Helen was so desperate to save Ashley she wouldn't give up, and at the last second she did reach her . I was hoping for a speech like that where Helen would try an get Ashley to remember, and I smiled when she remembered who Helen was. Amanda and Emilie were AWESOME, the pain they ha on their faces was so real, they should get some awards for this episode because their acting was a home run.

Anyway, I thought it was a AMAZING episode overall, I thought it was cool to see Kate come to Helen's rescue there, and I can't wait to see what's in store next week.

Oh and after seeing this episode, I'm a bigger fan of leather.

Comment

Has Emilie been seen on set for any other episodes?
                If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!

sigpic

Comment

Well, you can see Emilie in the promos for next week.
                  sigpic
                  Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                    Well, you can see Emilie in the promos for next week.
                    Any links?

sigpic

Comment

Great follow up to part 1, and leaving us on yet another cliffhanger! I'll echo others' 'WHAAA???' after that final scene. Can't wait for all the fallout next week. Kudos to AT and EU for that Helen and Ashley showdown, esp Helen admitting she was frightened and Ashley saying so much with just one word when saving her.

Can't say I was ever really attached to Clara, but I feel for Will and that moment was nicely played by RD. This also means that Helen, Druitt, and Tesla are all that remain of the Five.

I liked most of the tactics they used to fight the Cabal soldiers, except the trollish abnormal seemed a bit silly. But the fire elemental and 'Exxon Valdeez' thing were quite cool, as was Druitt with the swords. And it was nice to see Tesla the inventor back in the lab, and good beat with Helen when she basically asks him to make sure the weapon can kill Ashley.

Still not really warming up to Kate, though it's probably in part because she's so removed from the main drama of the story right now, that she can't be expected to gel with the other characters just yet. I'll see how the next couple of episodes go, when things get back to normal, so to speak.

The VFX were a bit wonky at times, I think the central lab seems to be the weakest virtual set, but given the show's tight budget it's something I can easily let slide. I'd much rather have a great story with so-so effects than awesome VFX and a so-so story.

With regards to Ashley's fate, teleporting when the shield was up killed that clone near Bigfoot, Will, and Henry, so it stands to reason it'd do the same to Ashley. Unless, since the clones were made from Ashley's changed DNA/blood, they may be completely destroyed, but since there's some part of the old Ashley still present, that may allow her to survive, in some form.

sigpic

Comment

Link. Spoilers for Eulogy.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by s72450 View Post
                          Okay did SyFy use all it's CGI budget on SGU because normally this show has great CGI and tonight it was painfully obvious that they were on green screen, like it wasn't even trying to blend them in. It really took me out of the story to be honest. This looked like CGI/Actor blending from ten years ago.

Anyone else notice how bad it was?
                          I noticed the first scene at the London Sanctuary looked a bit sub-par compared to the rest of the episode, but that was the only one that jumped out at me (and did so when SyFy released the sneak peek). I think everything else in the episode looked great, from the black goo and electricity to the various Sanctuaries and the fight scenes. The production values, in my opinion, are really good.

I'm still not warming to Kate. Her character just . . . doesn't seem to fit. I'm not really looking forward to watching her all season long.
                          IA. Great episode. I'm sure Kate will grow on me at some point, but right now, all I can think is that they've "killed off" (using that phrase loosely at the mo) Ashley, and have replaced her with some annoying chick whose skull needs to be smacked by Helen & Co.

Comment

omg... that ending!!

helen! ashley!!

i don't like crying in front of ppl, so it wasn't easy to hold that in... but my mom felt the same way.

that ep was made of awesome!!
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
                              IA. Great episode. I'm sure Kate will grow on me at some point, but right now, all I can think is that they've "killed off" (using that phrase loosely at the mo) Ashley, and have replaced her with some annoying chick whose skull needs to be smacked by Helen & Co.
                              Haha, I could not agree more!
                              sigpic

Comment

Haha, I could not agree more!
                                Haha, I can't tell you how many times I wished Helen would walk up to Kate and either a) slap her silly or b) knock her out. Perhaps that's coming?

Comment

Working...
                                X