• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

End of Nights, Part 1 (201)

Visit the Episode GuideSANCTUARY SEASON TWO
    END OF NIGHTS, PART 1
    EPISODE NUMBER - 201

Magnus searches for Ashley, who is being used for the Cabal's nefarious ends. Meanwhile, Bigfoot refuses treatment for a life-threatening affliction.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 10 April 2011, 03:01 PM.

'do i at least get jello'

LOLOL

it's almost over but thus far i've enjoyed this more than SGU. it had humor and drama. vengeful daddy, pissed off mama.

i'm afraid that it wasn't a good night for magnus/will shippers....he's in a relationship with claire and she's at least fessed up with john that he's ashley's daddy

tesla was great and there was a good henry/biggy moment

it's off to a good start
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Did anyone else find that incredibly sad when mangus finally sees ashley, thinking she has her back and she has a big smile on her face and then she realizes she isnt ashley anymore.

Comment

Great season opener, I liked how all the dangling plotslines from Revelations were touched on, Claire and Will's relationship, Bigfoot and Henry, Druitt and Magnus's detente, Tesla working on the cure and of course Ashley.

Biggest LOL moment had to be the 'is this the residence of Martin Wood?'

The split screen stuff was pretty cool, though I'm kinda hoping it doesn't become an ongoing shtick for them.

I'm really liking the harder edge to Magnus, how much more closed off emotionally she's become since Revelations. And I really can't wait for her showdown with Ashley.

EDIT: yeah allfornot, that was a lovely moment, from such happiness to such anguish. Nicely played by AT.

sigpic

Comment

Wow. That was epic!!

One of the scenes I saw being filmed was in this ep! It was the one where they were in Henry's lab and he was talking about triangulating the signals. Ryan messed up that line a couple times. It was a mouth full.

Amanda was also in that leather outfit for part of the visit, so I assume that the other shot we saw filmed will be in the next episode. Too cool!

That car chase scene was great.

Loved the bit with Kate and Henry and the power bar. Stoopid Henry for falling for that. *squishes Henry*

And those scenes with Biggy and Henry! Wow.

And I am loving Dark!Helen.

I need to watch again.

Comment

That was....kind of awesome. Way better than I was expecting anyway.

Ashley's new vampire thing was super cool, but as one who hopes she does go back to being on the good side at some point, I have to wonder exactly how the writers are going to finangle that what with her DNA being rewritten or whatever.

I won't even think about the science on that one because it'll just make me irrationally angry.

Still love Henry although he needs to be less gullible.

I already hate the new girl. She needs to disappear and take her cocky, stupidly wise-cracking, talking too much, and thinking too little type persona with her. GAH! She grates on the nerves like WOAH!
            sigpic

Comment

Very good episode, although Sky, I thought Huggy Bear was funnier
              It did have a good combination of action, humour and intense emotions. And the emotional impact was not just on Helen, but on all of them. You could feel how much everyone cares about Ashley. It was a good set up for next weeks part 2 (which I can't wait for).

Oh and I loved big bad mama Helen
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Absolutely and 100% totally and completely EPIC!!!!!!!!!!

I love this show to death!

(I'll be back with more comments!)
                sigpic
                The Return of King Arthur
                Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

The show was amazing all over, for once I focused on something else rather than Amanda/Helen. It was so great seeing Helen again after all these months, seeing her again brought a big smile to my face. . I loved the Helen looking for Martin Wood gag. And the other references to Amanda and company in real life, and to good old SG-1.

The thing I had been looking forward to the most was seeing Helen/Amanda driving, it was so wicked, I had no idea Amanda could drive like that . I loved the way she shot at Kate, you don't want to mess with that mom. Will, John, Ashely, Henry and Tesla were really great in it, I thought the fight between John and Ashely was wicked, especially the teleport kick.

I kinda like Kate, but will have to see where it goes from there.

*Can't wait for next week*

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                    Great season opener, I liked how all the dangling plotslines from Revelations were touched on, Claire and Will's relationship, Bigfoot and Henry, Druitt and Magnus's detente, Tesla working on the cure and of course Ashley.

Biggest LOL moment had to be the 'is this the residence of Martin Wood?'

The split screen stuff was pretty cool, though I'm kinda hoping it doesn't become an ongoing shtick for them.

I'm really liking the harder edge to Magnus, how much more closed off emotionally she's become since Revelations. And I really can't wait for her showdown with Ashley.

EDIT: yeah allfornot, that was a lovely moment, from such happiness to such anguish. Nicely played by AT.
                    yeah i know right! I can only hope that the emotion will always be there. Its a beautiful thing that of a mother and daughter...lovers come and lovers go....crazy...but family you will always have to deal with.

Comment

Firstly, let me just say (again!) that this ep has exceeded every expectation that a (very, very long!) nine-month hiatus has brought! I am so excited for this season!

Characters:
                      I love how almost every character was touched on in a relatively short and concise amount of time (except for Watson, I really wished that he had been mentioned.) Here are some comments on just a few of them.
                      ~ Clara (although I still don't particuarly care for the character right now, I liked that they were able to work in her whereabouts. I'm interested to hear more about what she's doing at the UK Sanctuary.)
                      ~ Bigfoot (this is probably my favorite character beat of the night. I love the backstory, and the personality they've crafted in such a stoic (and endearing) character. I really hope that he gets better though, I hate seeing him so sick. )
                      ~ Helen (Amanda in playing Helen's dark side so perfectly. The pain that Helen is going through is so palpable, especially in the one scene with Ashley, that it brought tears to my eyes.)
                      ~ John (I absolutely love the interaction with Helen and John in this ep, and I can't wait to see how this shaky relationship is going to progress in the season. I love that John is feeling the pain of losing Ashley as well.)
                      ~ Ashley (Can't wait to see exactly what's happening with Ashley. I'm hoping that she's still in their somewhere, despite what the Snake-Man (can't remember his name said). The doctor lady working on her was incredibly creepy and Dana didn't fall far behind.)
                      ~ Kate (Not really sure how I feel about her, but it will be interesting to see how she will be used this season (A scorned ex-Cabal agent could be a helpful ally!) I hope that we'll be able to see more of her and Henry together. Tonight their bit with the power bar was quite funny! *huggles the naive and trusting Henry*

LOL moments:
                      ~ "Huggy Bear" (Tesla looked just so amused watching Will and Clara!)
                      ~ "Martin Wood" (I'm so sad that we didn't actually get to meet this "Martin"!)
                      ~ The crack by Tesla about how everything comes down to the fact that Bigfoot won't take his medicine! (Perfectly executed line by Jonathan!)
                      ~ I love that the two orphans lived near Vancouver (where Stargate/Sanctuary is shot) and from Essex, U.K. (where AT's originally from!)

And to top everything off . . . a totally wicked car chase! Whoo!

All in all, perfect season opener! A quite depressing episode in terms of plotline, but has some very nice comedic moments to lighten the mood.

Welcome to Season 2!
                      sigpic
                      Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                        The show was amazing all over, for once I focused on something else rather than Amanda/Helen. It was so great seeing Helen again after all these months, seeing her again brought a big smile to my face. . I loved the Helen looking for Martin Wood gag. And the other references to Amanda and company in real life, and to good old SG-1.

Spoiler:
                        The thing I had been looking forward to the most was seeing Helen/Amanda driving, it was so wicked, I had no idea Amanda could drive like that . I loved the way she shot at Kate, you don't want to mess with that mom. Will, John, Ashely, Henry and Tesla were really great in it, I thought the fight between John and Ashely was wicked, especially the teleport kick.

I kinda like Kate, but will have to see where it goes from there.

*Can't wait for next week*
                        I caught the other references, but where was this one?
                        sigpic

Comment

Very nice start to the season IMO. So, how long will Ashley be bad? I am thinking mid-season.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

The episode was better then I expected it to be, which is great!

I really liked how it was edited. The multible clips on one screen. That's very cool and similare to a 24 style!(24 is a tv show by the way).

Ashley's transformation was just awesome. It had that thrill and chill about how she looses herself into this new cabal assassin/soldier. I was actually very curious from the previous season how they would change her. And I have to say, it was done very well!

Towards the end when Ashley appears before the group, but very cool. I knew when Kate told them about that place that it would be either an ambush or a trap of some sort. And I expected either cabal angets or ashley to be there awaiting them.

The vampire part of ashley was a new surpise addiction to her skills/abilities and made a good match for Tesla. (I hope to see more of a fight between them!).

Druitt just didn't seem to have much fight in him, although considering that's his daughter, I'd probably hesitate as well.

Magnus seemed to have no fear(except for fear of her daughter). And as Ashley got closer on that last second, I expected to see a hesitation, as if what the cabal did to her, wasn't 100%.

And lastly, seeing that expression on Magnus's face as Druitt teleported her back to the mansion...I'm lost for words. All I can say is, "Bravo, to Amanda Tappings amazing acting!" She made it real and full of emotion for us!

"Thanks you, Miss Tapping for that breath-taking performance!"

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                              Firstly, let me just say (again!) that this ep has exceeded every expectation that a (very, very long!) nine-month hiatus has brought! I am so excited for this season!

Characters:
                              I love how almost every character was touched on in a relatively short and concise amount of time (except for Watson, I really wished that he had been mentioned.) Here are some comments on just a few of them.
                              ~ Clara (although I still don't particuarly care for the character right now, I liked that they were able to work in her whereabouts. I'm interested to hear more about what she's doing at the UK Sanctuary.)
                              ~ Bigfoot (this is probably my favorite character beat of the night. I love the backstory, and the personality they've crafted in such a stoic (and endearing) character. I really hope that he gets better though, I hate seeing him so sick. )
                              ~ Helen (Amanda in playing Helen's dark side so perfectly. The pain that Helen is going through is so palpable, especially in the one scene with Ashley, that it brought tears to my eyes.)
                              ~ John (I absolutely love the interaction with Helen and John in this ep, and I can't wait to see how this shaky relationship is going to progress in the season. I love that John is feeling the pain of losing Ashley as well.)
                              ~ Ashley (Can't wait to see exactly what's happening with Ashley. I'm hoping that she's still in their somewhere, despite what the Snake-Man (can't remember his name said). The doctor lady working on her was incredibly creepy and Dana didn't fall far behind.)
                              ~ Kate (Not really sure how I feel about her, but it will be interesting to see how she will be used this season (A scorned ex-Cabal agent could be a helpful ally!) I hope that we'll be able to see more of her and Henry together. Tonight their bit with the power bar was quite funny! *huggles the naive and trusting Henry*

LOL moments:
                              ~ "Huggy Bear" (Tesla looked just so amused watching Will and Clara!)
                              ~ "Martin Wood" (I'm so sad that we didn't actually get to meet this "Martin"!)
                              ~ The crack by Tesla about how everything comes down to the fact that Bigfoot won't take his medicine! (Perfectly executed line by Jonathan!)
                              ~ I love that the two orphans lived near Vancouver (where Stargate/Sanctuary is shot) and from Essex, U.K. (where AT's originally from!)

And to top everything off . . . a totally wicked car chase! Whoo!

All in all, perfect season opener! A quite depressing episode in terms of plotline, but has some very nice comedic moments to lighten the mood.

Welcome to Season 2!
                              So... you liked it?

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                              I caught the other references, but where was this one?
                              When she said how they opened the gate and pushed her (Ashely) through. It rememined me of CoTG when Jack pushed Sam though the gate.

Originally posted by StarSlayer View Post
                              The episode was better then I expected it to be, which is great!

I really liked how it was edited. The multible clips on one screen. That's very cool and similare to a 24 style!(24 is a tv show by the way).

Ashley's transformation was just awesome. It had that thrill and chill about how she looses herself into this new cabal assassin/soldier. I was actually very curious from the previous season how they would change her. And I have to say, it was done very well!

Towards the end when Ashley appears before the group, but very cool. I knew when Kate told them about that place that it would be either an ambush or a trap of some sort. And I expected either cabal angets or ashley to be there awaiting them.

The vampire part of ashley was a new surpise addiction to her skills/abilities and made a good match for Tesla. (I hope to see more of a fight between them!).

Druitt just didn't seem to have much fight in him, although considering that's his daughter, I'd probably hesitate as well.

Magnus seemed to have no fear(except for fear of her daughter). And as Ashley got closer on that last second, I expected to see a hesitation, as if what the cabal did to her, wasn't 100%.

And lastly, seeing that expression on Magnus's face as Druitt teleported her back to the mansion...I'm lost for words. All I can say is, "Bravo, to Amanda Tappings amazing acting!" She made it real and full of emotion for us!

"Thanks you, Miss Tapping for that breath-taking performance!"
                              You can see the pain in her eyes after loosing her daughter yet again.

Great job by Amanda.

Comment

Working...
                              X