• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jump, Push, Fall (402)

Visit the Episode GuideHEROES SEASON FOUR
    JUMP, PUSH, FALL
    EPISODE NUMBER - 402

Hiro meets a mysterious carnival man 14 years in the past, and is prompted to change history. Noah calls on Peter to help pursue a lead from Danko, and runs afoul of a knife-wielding speedster from the carnival. Matt Parkman is confronted by a piece of Sylar in his mind, and Claire is stunned when someone close to her appears to have been murdered.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >

Because "Orientation" and "Jump, Push, Fall" first aired together,
    please use this thread to talk about only the second hour of the Season Four premiere.
    Last edited by GateWorld; 01 May 2015, 10:16 PM.

Really enoyed the second episode, compared to the first.

>The super speed fight between Edgar and Peter, was really cool.
    >Really liked the Bennett/Tracy stuff, i think they'll work well together.
    >Sylar in side Matt's head worked out better than i though it would.

Comment

Not a bad episode.
      Does Peter have his power back? Did Suresh help? Really doesn't matter, I like the new super fast guy. Nice fight scene with him and Peter. Any one know where Suresh is?
      http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/..._DanielSig.jpg

Comment

Did anyone else get a Head Six/Head Baltar feel from the Sylar/Parkman scenes.
        sigpic

Comment

Sylar in Parkman's head is going to be so great to watch this season. He will definitely bring out the worst in Matt.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

We still don't know for sure if that water boy actually did anything. Just one of those mysteries.

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
              Really enoyed the second episode, compared to the first.

>The super speed fight between Edgar and Peter, was really cool.
              >Really liked the Bennett/Tracy stuff, i think they'll work well together.
              >Sylar in side Matt's head worked out better than i though it would.
              I couldn't really tell where one episode ended and the other began, but for the first time in a long time I really enjoyed the show. I thought the first couple of episodes seemed to recapture some of the magic. The only story line that kind of annoyed me was the Hiro story. Are we really going to do this silly time travel stuff again, and he's dying? Really? Come on!
              sigpic "We do get paid for this, right?"

Comment

Originally posted by pipi View Post
                We still don't know for sure if that water boy actually did anything. Just one of those mysteries.
                as soon as i saw him i thought theres definetely something going on with him and janice

Comment

Originally posted by dosed150 View Post
                  as soon as i saw him i thought theres definetely something going on with him and janice
                  I got that impression to. spent ages, trying to work out where i'd seen the actor before. It wasnt untill Matt did his telepathy theing that i realised he was in charmed.

Comment

“Heroes” has certainly seen better days. Once a ratings powerhouse, the fourth season premiere averages about 6 million viewers. To put this in perspective, the series premiere of “The Vampire Diaries” achieved better ratings. With a start like this, the producers might want to plan for a potential series finale at the end of the season.

Episodes like this one don’t help particularly much. Unlike past seasons, where the launch of a new “Heroes” volume was a heralded event, I suspect the doubling-up of episodes was more of an overall scheduling concern. There certainly didn’t seem to be much of a reason for these two episodes to be aired at the same time. This particular hour was mostly standard fare, following up on a few items from the premiere with little fanfare.

As with the first hour, the most interesting subplot concerns Samuel’s carnie folk and whatever motivations they might have for their activities. As with so many previous villains, Samuel seems to have a long past with elements of the “Heroes” world, just waiting to be revealed. If the writers tie this into the already-strained continuity of the Twelve again, it will be a fatal mistake. Moving on means letting go of the patterns of the past.

Already, though, we have Samuel interacting with Hiro roughly fourteen years in the past, and presumably altering something vital in the “present” pertaining to these compasses and whatever endgame might be in mind. It plays Hiro as something of a fool again, which I dislike to no end. I do not want Hiro running around through time righting supposed wrongs. The timeline has been adjusted enough already!

Claire’s college adventure was made a bit more interesting by the death of her initial roommate and the character of Gretchen. Gretchen has the kind of unusual socialization issues that make for a well-represented geek, and it doesn’t hurt that she has a semi-goth appreciation for the morbid. She’s well-designed as a potential confidante for Claire, so it only remains to be seen if and how the writers will manage to botch that up.

It’s clear that the writers took a great deal of pleasure in the scenes between Matt and Sylar. They were very well done, and one could tell that Zachery Quinto appreciated the chance to play. This could have been little more than an excuse to keep Quinto busy enough to justify keeping him until his inevitable return in full later in the season, but it works as a story element for now. It will likely serve as the catalyst for driving Matt back to the Company.

As far as the Company is concerned, I find it hard to believe that Noah and Tracy would already have something of a comfortable relationship within hours of her attempt to kill him. It’s true that Noah is trying to turn over a new leaf, but one would assume he would have to do more than tell the truth once to be trusted. Peter’s involvement was nice, as it provided some insight into his current abilities and mindset, but once again, they push too hard to tell us he’s redeeming himself, rather than just showing it.

The main problem with the episode is that it just seemed to be missing much of a spark. The fight scene with Peter and the knife-wielding carnie was not done well at all (perhaps justifying all the times that the writers have whiffed on every major battle they’ve ever promised). There was too much of what we’ve seen a dozen times before. There seemed to be a distinct lack of inspiration in the total product. And perhaps worst of all, it still feels like the writers are trying to figure out where they want to go, which is not a good sign this early in the season.

Comment

did peter trade all his powers for the super speed/reflexes or did he just add it to a repository?
                      Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran View Post
                        did peter trade all his powers for the super speed/reflexes or did he just add it to a repository?
                        that is the question. As of now seems he is still a one power guy but i think its unlikely for that to last just like no other weakness in heroes lasts very long either. Hero and peter both got there powers back and have been on the road to full strength since then. I expect its just a matter of time now and peter will be standing toe to toe with Sylar again. Again.
                        "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOW - What a RIDE!"

Comment

What is with the painting? Can't someone find a better storytelling than painting? That got tiring in season 2.

Comment

at least it was on a hot blonde. too bad the show is PG...

Comment

Originally posted by pipi View Post
                              at least it was on a hot blonde. too bad the show is PG...
                              I think I remember seeing her on Stargate Atlantis once.
                              sigpic "We do get paid for this, right?"

Comment

Working...
                              X