• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orientation (401)

Visit the Episode GuideHEROES SEASON FOUR
    ORIENTATION
    EPISODE NUMBER - 401

Emil Danko comes to Noah for help when Tracy Strauss returns and starts killing his men. Claire starts college in earnest, while "Nathan" begins to discover he isn't quite the man he thought. Hiro and Ando open a heroes-for-fire business, with unexpected consequences.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >

Because "Orientation" and "Jump, Push, Fall" first aired together,
    please use this thread to talk about only the first hour of the Season Four premiere.
    Last edited by GateWorld; 01 May 2015, 10:15 PM.

Pretty good ep. I'm not sure whether I have to use spoiler tags so I will anyway:
    Spoiler:
    Nice twist with Syler, putting him in Parkman.
    As soon as whatshername mentioned the push, jump, fall 'method' I knew that Claire was gonna jump out the window. Called it! lol
    I wonder what the compass means.
    I wonder what kind of negative effects Hiro's time-traveling will have?

Just a couple questions about last season:
    What was the state of Hiro's powers at the end of S3?
    Can Peter still only take on one power at a time?

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

Originally posted by AVFan View Post
      Pretty good ep. I'm not sure whether I have to use spoiler tags so I will anyway:
      Spoiler:
      Nice twist with Syler, putting him in Parkman.
      As soon as whatshername mentioned the push, jump, fall 'method' I knew that Claire was gonna jump out the window. Called it! lol
      I wonder what the compass means.
      I wonder what kind of negative effects Hiro's time-traveling will have?

Just a couple questions about last season:
      What was the state of Hiro's powers at the end of S3?
      Can Peter still only take on one power at a time?
      I believe hiro was in bad shape from using his powers to stop time. He was told that if he kept using them, he would die.

His body was rejecting the abilities he had.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
        I believe hiro was in bad shape from using his powers to stop time. He was told that if he kept using them, he would die.

His body was rejecting the abilities he had.
        That is true. Hiro was in bad shape at the end of Season 3. I really hope things don't end badly for him.

Very good start to the season IMO.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

1) I think that Claire's new friend is responsible for her roommate's suicide.

2) I was watching tonight and wondering if this season isn't the 'Freakshow Heroes'.

3) I'm really thinking that it'd be nice if they made a decision as to how many more years its going to go one. Its starting to get old.
          The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
            That is true. Hiro was in bad shape at the end of Season 3. I really hope things don't end badly for him.

Very good start to the season IMO.
            Some of the greatest heroes, face the biggest challenges.

Comment

Originally posted by HAL2100 View Post
              1) I think that Claire's new friend is responsible for her roommate's suicide.

2) I was watching tonight and wondering if this season isn't the 'Freakshow Heroes'.

3) I'm really thinking that it'd be nice if they made a decision as to how many more years its going to go one. Its starting to get old.
              Not for me. I am very excited about this season, especially after being so pleased with tonight's 2-hour premiere.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I laughed when the bank teller knocked on the door.

He was sliced up by knives, but he's still polite

Comment

The new season start was great! I loved it! I only wish that Syler would have died,, he's just too evil fo rme..

My Story:
                  http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/10...%80%99s-story/

Comment

Dont forget guys that episode 1 & 2 of the season aired! so the second hour/part should be discussed in the the thread for episode 2. Remember they mite not air together in the rest of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                      Dont forget guys that episode 1 & 2 of the season aired! so the second hour/part should be discussed in the the thread for episode 2. Remember they mite not air together in the rest of the world.
                      Frankly given that there were no end credits and opening at the start of Hour 2, how are we to know that its two separate episodes?

The thread on here should reflect how the episodes initially aired.

Comment

Frankly given that there were no end credits and opening at the start of Hour 2, how are we to know that its two separate episodes?

The thread on here should reflect how the episodes initially aired.
                        Well if you have any issues with how threads are set up speak to Darren/Mods about it. While it wasnt apparent, will watching the episode, It clearly states in the first post of the thread, that it was 2 episodes.

The episode was a little slow, but dose set things up well IMO. I think the carnival is an interesting concept.
                        Last edited by Madwelshboy; 22 September 2009, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                          Not for me. I am very excited about this season, especially after being so pleased with tonight's 2-hour premiere.
                          Yeah, for me too, it's starting to get old fast. I just feel they start the same thing every season. It's like there's a story reboot evey chapter. There's a new group forming. I mean, they're always taking sides and it will probably end the same way it already ended more than once and then start again from scratch. They're just renaming the groups and changing leaders (in one group, not both or all of them)

Anyway I quite enjoyed these two hour episode. Will probably watch the whole season but if they really keep being repetitive it will definately be my last, even if they renew it for another year.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BJdavidLS View Post
                            Yeah, for me too, it's starting to get old fast. I just feel they start the same thing every season. It's like there's a story reboot evey chapter. There's a new group forming. I mean, they're always taking sides and it will probably end the same way it already ended more than once and then start again from scratch. They're just renaming the groups and changing leaders (in one group, not both or all of them)

Anyway I quite enjoyed these two hour episode. Will probably watch the whole season but if they really keep being repetitive it will definately be my last, even if they renew it for another year.
                            I think that I'm fine with the story reboots as they add more color to the characters, but the trade off is that I don't think that the character development has been strong enough to allow the characters to carry the show which is what a show like that needs. Whichever chapter was cut short by the writer's strike should have been split into a Part 1 and Part 2. I think that my general ire is that each chapter has introduced some really interesting story plots with a lot of potential that have had their plug pulled when the chapter raps.

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                              Well if you have any issues with how threads are set up speak to Darren/Mods about it. While it wasnt apparent, will watching the episode, It clearly states in the first post of the thread, that it was 2 episodes.

The episode was a little slow, but dose set things up well IMO. I think the carnival is an interesting concept.
                              Who actually reads the first post given that the first post is 99.9% always the same?

And yes, I had already asked the mods, but haven't checked back for an answer.

Comment

Working...
                              X