"Glee" (Possible spoilers for the show)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Glee" (Possible spoilers for the show)

Anybody else on here a Glee fan? (Or Gleek, as it's called?)

I know I love the show and Kurt is, hands down, my favorite character.

Anybody else have an opinion?

(I'm flat out saying that this is for fans, not haters. You don't like it, take your bile out of here please.)
    Jess | he/his/him | future ruler of the universe
    "Roger that. Remind me to underachieve twice as hard from now on."
    sigpic
    dA | tumblr | twitter

I like the show. I think it's quirky and cute and I'm glad that most of the buzz I've seen has been positive. I DO have some deeply-rooted issues with the obvious fakeness of the singing scenes but I think I'm beginning to cope with it. I know it's supposed to be cheesy and obvious and all, but it still kinda jerks me out of the story every time. Hopefully that'll lessen as the season progresses.

Comment

I love the show!

I didn't like the lip-syncing of the last episode, but I didn't notice it in the pilot. I'm going to blame it on the editors since the actors are really good singers themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
        I love the show!

I didn't like the lip-syncing of the last episode, but I didn't notice it in the pilot. I'm going to blame it on the editors since the actors are really good singers themselves.
        ...Are they? How can you tell? Because I'd have bet chocolate glazed donuts that the singing is NOT done by the actors. Or at least not all of them.

Comment

Well, Matthew Morrison (Will) is a Tony-nominated Broadway actor. Lea Michele (Rachel) is a Drama Desk nominee.

Comment

Who just watched Glee or has seen it
            It was really good the song "Dont Stop Beleving" was awesome

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
              I like the show. I think it's quirky and cute and I'm glad that most of the buzz I've seen has been positive. I DO have some deeply-rooted issues with the obvious fakeness of the singing scenes but I think I'm beginning to cope with it. I know it's supposed to be cheesy and obvious and all, but it still kinda jerks me out of the story every time. Hopefully that'll lessen as the season progresses.
              Yeah, that annoys me a little, but I do like the storyline.
              ...Are they? How can you tell? Because I'd have bet chocolate glazed donuts that the singing is NOT done by the actors. Or at least not all of them.
              They've all got a musical background, and the actors were picked for their singing ability as well as their acting ability. I see no reason why the writers would make the actors not sing their parts.

Aside from all of the above, has anyone seen the new episode, "Acafellas", since it was on last night?
              sigpic
              dA | tumblr | twitter

Comment

Originally posted by sillyscipia View Post
                They've all got a musical background, and the actors were picked for their singing ability as well as their acting ability. I see no reason why the writers would make the actors not sing their parts.
                Guess I owe everyone some chocolate glazed donuts, then. I'm glad it's them singing. I never would have pegged the kid in the wheelchair as having such a deep baritone/bass voice.

As for the Acafellas ep
                Spoiler:
                Can anyone explain to me why the knowledge that wossname wasn't there to hear them sing/get them to join his show was a reason for the group to disband? Because other than getting the teacher back into Glee Club I can see no reason for it. So what if that dude didn't snap them up? They were still good, the people still obviously loved him (even the guy admitted they were great), so... why? Was that supposed to be it? They'd lived the dream and performed in front of some hotshot singer and that's it, dream over, time to go back to your lives?

Comment

Guess I owe everyone some chocolate glazed donuts, then. I'm glad it's them singing. I never would have pegged the kid in the wheelchair as having such a deep baritone/bass voice.

As for the Acafellas ep
                  Spoiler:
                  Can anyone explain to me why the knowledge that wossname wasn't there to hear them sing/get them to join his show was a reason for the group to disband? Because other than getting the teacher back into Glee Club I can see no reason for it. So what if that dude didn't snap them up? They were still good, the people still obviously loved him (even the guy admitted they were great), so... why? Was that supposed to be it? They'd lived the dream and performed in front of some hotshot singer and that's it, dream over, time to go back to your lives?
                  I know. The guy who plays Artie threw me for a loop when I heard his voice. So did Matthew Morrison.

Spoiler:
                  I didn't get that, either. They had fun, so why'd they disband it?
                  sigpic
                  dA | tumblr | twitter

Comment

I just got to watch last night's episode. I LOVE Mercedes' complete obliviousness to Kurt's sexuality. LOL

Also, the writers got it pretty spot on when Kurt came out to Mercedes. It's extremely frightening, even when you know that the person you're telling will be accepting and won't instantly hate you for no real reason.
                    Last edited by Jeffala; 17 September 2009, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
                      I just got to watch last night's episode. I LOVE Mercedes' complete obliviousness to Kurt's sexuality. LOL

Also, the writers got it pretty spot on when Kurt came out to Mercedes. It's extremely frightening, even when you know that the person you're telling will be accepting and won't instantly hate you for no real reason.
                      The did get it spot on. I loved it. I kind of feel bad for Mercedes, though. That girl has a complete lack of gaydar. You'd think the pink, the form-fitting sweaters, the tiara collection, and the fact that he can name a designer's product at the drop of a hat would have clued her in.
                      sigpic
                      dA | tumblr | twitter

Comment

From the way things played out I thought she DID know, but the cheerleaders brainwashed her into thinking something else in order to cut her down later and she clung to that false belief until reality forced her back into perspective. Might not be a right interpretation of events, but it works for me.

Comment

It's in the previews and is probably known everywhere but I'll tag this casting news for next week's ep anyway.

Spoiler:
                          KRISTIN CHENOWETH!!!! OMG!!!

Next week's ep is going to be PURE AWESOME! Sooooo happy to hear this! I'm probably the last to know, aren't I? YAY!

Oh and also, this week's ep?
                          Spoiler:
                          Loved the bit with coming out to dad and dad already knowing... and accepting. *sniff* Great moment.

Comment

Spoilers for this ep:

Spoiler:
                            Once again, Kurt stole the show. I have three words for you:

SINGLE. LADIES. DANCE.

That was one of the best parts of the episode.

And Kurt came out to his dad! Go Kurt! (I will admit that, once again, Chris Colfer's amazing acting once again made me cry like a baby.

And Quinn! ROFL!I honestly can say... I saw that coming. (She's the queen of the celibacy club, head cheerleader, and dating the quarterback. Really not surprised. And then the fact that it's probably Puck's.)
                            sigpic
                            dA | tumblr | twitter

Comment

It's in the previews and is probably known everywhere but I'll tag this casting news for next week's ep anyway.

Spoiler:
                              KRISTIN CHENOWETH!!!! OMG!!!

Next week's ep is going to be PURE AWESOME! Sooooo happy to hear this! I'm probably the last to know, aren't I? YAY!

Oh and also, this week's ep?
                              Spoiler:
                              Loved the bit with coming out to dad and dad already knowing... and accepting. *sniff* Great moment.
                              Your second spoiler was the best part of a great show. I actually teared up. It was perfectly played.

Comment

Working...
                              X