Myka Bering/Joanne Kelly Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    It would be strange for a main character to only have a two season contract. The original contracts tend to be for many years usually to 4-5 years because of the "syndication number:
    I don't know much about these kinds of things, but I assume these contracts lock the actors in to the show but only IF the studio chooses to renew them. So this really doesn't prove anything either way?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
      I don't know much about these kinds of things, but I assume these contracts lock the actors in to the show but only IF the studio chooses to renew them. So this really doesn't prove anything either way?
      Yes and no. The contract is held for so many years but the producers can choose to end it whenever they want.
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        Yes and no. The contract is held for so many years but the producers can choose to end it whenever they want.
        That's what I figured.

Why is it that contracts for movie stars and big name network TV stars are more often public than SyFy actors?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
          That's what I figured.

Why is it that contracts for movie stars and big name network TV stars are more often public than SyFy actors?
          You kind of already answered that. They are big name gauging more media press
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Joanne will be a guest star on CSI Miami on 5 December 2010, in the US. Check your local listings for time if you're outside the Eastern or Pacific time zones. It's on at 10 p.m. Eastern/Pacific.

Do not know when/if it will air outside the US.
            sigpic
            I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
              Joanne will be a guest star on CSI Miami on 5 December 2010, in the US. Check your local listings for time if you're outside the Eastern or Pacific time zones. It's on at 10 p.m. Eastern/Pacific.
              Do not know when/if it will air outside the US.
              I must remember this!!! It mightget me back into watching the CSIs.
              I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                I must remember this!!! It mightget me back into watching the CSIs.
                It's just one episode and that's the only one I'm going to watch.
                sigpic

Comment

It's just one episode and that's the only one I'm going to watch.
                  True, but I used to watch the show and got away from it. And I would probably watch Joanne's guest spots on just about any show. Her appearance on Castle was my favorite episode of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                    True, but I used to watch the show and got away from it. And I would probably watch Joanne's guest spots on just about any show. Her appearance on Castle was my favorite episode of the season.
                    I wasn't watching Castle regularly when her ep was on. I was afraid that if I got in to Castle it would surely be canceled. I didn't start watching it religiously until S2. I have pretty much caught up on all of S1. I purchased Joanne's ep off iTunes. I can watch it any time I want.

I just watched Joanne's appearance on the short lived The Dresden Files. She rocked as Bianca.
                    sigpic

Comment

I wasn't watching Castle regularly when her ep was on. I was afraid that if I got in to Castle it would surely be canceled. I didn't start watching it religiously until S2. I have pretty much caught up on all of S1. I purchased Joanne's ep off iTunes. I can watch it any time I want.

I just watched Joanne's appearance on the short lived The Dresden Files. She rocked as Bianca.
                      What is The Dresden Files? I think I have heard other people mention it on this forum but I've never seen it.

Comment

The Dresden Files imdb.com page. It was a short lived series on SyFy (when it was still SciFi) based on the books, The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher. You can get the series on DVD. It was a lot of fun. Joanne's Bianca was a lot. And I mean a LOT nicer then the Book!Bianca.
                        sigpic

Comment

The Dresden Files imdb.com page. It was a short lived series on SyFy (when it was still SciFi) based on the books, The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher. You can get the series on DVD. It was a lot of fun. Joanne's Bianca was a lot. And I mean a LOT nicer then the Book!Bianca.
                          Thanks. It looks interesting. I'll have to keep an eye out for it.

Comment

myka was awesome as ever in the Christmas special
                            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Yes she was. I loved when she pelted Pete with the snowball and her laugh, gigglesnort and happy dance after. Absolutely adorable. I loved the quiet moments with her and Pete too. Her relating to the little girl. All in all the Warehouse 13 Holiday special was why I love the show. It's about family.
                              sigpic

Comment

Myka pelting Pete with the snowball and her small celebration after was one of the best parts of the episode.

Comment

Working...
                                X