The Nox (107)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
    I'm wondering if a staff blast travels faster than a bullet....if so, we can let SG-1 off for getting killed, they were used to evading gun fire not alien weaponry. It was early days for them, well that's my crazy senseless theory!
    But they had rocks to hide behind!

They all put their guns down and tried to slowly crawl towards each other And they had nowhere to slowly crawl away to, the only way to escape was to travel towards the Jaffa, so what were they thinking?

Unless.. they decided they couldn't win and just let themselves be killed?

The Nox should have respected their decision and left them alone

Comment

Why couldn't they just have the group get shot? Why did they have Carter leave her cover before getting hit?

If the writers let the jaffa shoot them out their skill and not SG-1's stupidity, maybe they would've seemed less like stormtroopers in chain-mail.

sigpic
      Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
      https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

Drama, my friends. It's all about the drama... and then they are alive again. Drama gone.

Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
          But they had rocks to hide behind!

They all put their guns down and tried to slowly crawl towards each other And they had nowhere to slowly crawl away to, the only way to escape was to travel towards the Jaffa, so what were they thinking?

Unless.. they decided they couldn't win and just let themselves be killed?

The Nox should have respected their decision and left them alone
          But then Apophis could have taken them away, put them in a sarcophagus and made them into new hosts.

Comment

Not really, since by the time Apophis was alone, all the 'dead' had been illiusioned over.

Comment

This episode shows that there are other ways than your ways, I think it's not important if SG1 gets shot out of stupidity or out of Apophis' superiority.

CARPE DIEM
              ANJA

Comment

Its a shame they rarely used the Nox again. Any alien the show introduced and did relatively nothing with. Would have loved to have seen the Nox talking to an Asgard (because you would think the Nox with their connection to Life could help the Asgard with their cloning issues).

SG-1 introduced far too many one off races and villains.

Comment

If all the alien races had helped with what they had got, SG1 would have been out of duty after the first season! That wouldn't have been appreciated!!!
                  CARPE DIEM
                  ANJA

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrathraxus View Post
                    Its a shame they rarely used the Nox again. Any alien the show introduced and did relatively nothing with. Would have loved to have seen the Nox talking to an Asgard (because you would think the Nox with their connection to Life could help the Asgard with their cloning issues).

SG-1 introduced far too many one off races and villains.
                    The problem with the Nox, IMO, is that they pretty much served the same purpose as the Asgard; "The wise old race" who pop up and offer the team advice and guidance and then tell them how young they are. Plus they also had the isolationist angle which probably made it hard to keep coming with reasons to get them involved.

Also, the Nox design is rather cheap and silly looking and as the series got more polished looking over the years I can understand why the writers quietly dropped them in favour of the better looking Asgard.

Comment

I would have liked some more backstory at least

I like the way they look ... And they have some awesome powers ...

Comment

I would of liked to have seen them dealing with the Ori, or what to make of this whole forced conversion business. After all the Nox were all about Personal Freedoms to make any choice and the Ori were not.

Anja: Hey Im not saying the Nox or others should hand over tech. Its not their way. Its just I found Stargate always adverse to embracing any one true concept for fear it would tie their hands from making such varied stories when in face it would not. The Nox were a race we saw again at least once. You can be friends with a group of people and not trade tech. Perhaps just information. Cultural Exchange.. that sorta thing.

As to the Nox Look. They lived frugually and within the confines of nature.. I think they looked perfect for where they were. I think far too much attention was paid to the 'look' of the show later on... it got too Glossy (and probably about the time it moved from Showtime to Syfy)

Comment

The Nox are one of my all time favorite alien races. They are so awesome and adorable, and wise and funny.

The costume department did such an amazing job with how they look. And the art department with the visualization of how they live and are. They are so faerie like, and it's made of so much love.

So, the mission for the SGC is to bring back technology that can be used against the Goa'uld or anyone who could potentially be an enemy of Earth. Since they clearly haven't brought anything back worth mentioning, Teal'c tells of a cloaking technology Apophis has been trying to get his hands on.

As luck will have it, when they go to the planet Teal'c knows of where the technology is flying around (which we later learn isn't really the case), they bump into the golden boy himself and decide to, at least, catch him. Seems like a good plan, but when does SG1 ever have that much luck. The Nox intervene, which in hindsight wasn't that bad of an idea otherwise SG1 would have come to a rather premature end as they all die (except for Teal'c).

They get to know this peaceful race, learn from them and discover they are in fact the ones who are able to cloak themselves, or vanish, or whisk themselves away into invisibility -- demonstration of that was the gate disappearing on them, and then reappearing later towards the end. That floating city in the sky, by the way, exquisite.

The young do not always do as they are told, and SG1 has a lot to learn still. Their journey's only beginning. They have to go home emptyhanded but they do learn that Apophis' shield can be penetrated, that the Nox can take care of themselves and that they will bury the gate (even though the Goa'uld might possibly return by ship -- and Apophis knowing he will do just that first chance he gets).

The episode is definitely one of my favorite episodes of the season, and one that I love rewatching from time to time. It's visually stunning.

How would you rate SG-1's "The Nox?"

Excellent
                          Good
                          Fair
                          Poor
                          Terrible

Comment

Bringing forth the quiz for this round of episodes, and the puzzle for this episode: The Nox!

Have fun!

Comment

Another Good vote from me. I enjoyed it.

Comment

Their is a flaw in the Nox thinking. Pacifism only works because of their technology. If their cloaking technology wasn't superior to the Goa'uld, Apophis would have slaughtered the Nox. That said this is a good episode to show a society that functions differently than the rest of us. I also always liked Aphosis the most as Goa'uld villian. He has a personal stake against everyone except Sam. So it's enjoyable to see SG1 fight them. Although Carter has to be the worst soldier ever to leave her cover after Jack was shot.

I got 10 minutes and 14 seconds on the puzzle and a perfect score on the quiz
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X